ADVERTISEMENT

If we lose Saturday

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Kentucky should 100% win Saturday no excuses. If they do lose then it will be time to hit the panic button. I know some fans have already hit but this loss would definitely be the breaking point for myself. Idc if it’s a hostile environment, this team should blow them out like every SEC team has this season. We are about to learn a lot about this team

I hate to say it, but I fully expect to lose. So much so, that I'm recording the game, and will watch it IF we win.

Tell me I'm a fair weather fan if you wish, but the exact opposite is true. I take losing so hard, that watching this much talent lose is tough to take. I'm getting old, man. Gotta keep the ticker strong.

I was bummed after the SC game, but I think we win Saturday. I do think them having Gameday can actually be a detriment, as they will have a lot of other activities and pressures from it.

Texas A&M has a good team, Arkansas does not, huge difference.
So does South Carolina. The only bad loss we have this year is UNCW. We shouldn't have lost as badly to South Carolina as we did, but losing to them on the road isn't a bad loss. They're a borderline top 25 team.

But if you want to win the SEC and go far in the tournament you gotta do more than just avoid bad losses. This team has to start turning reasonable losses into wins.

Kentucky should 100% win Saturday no excuses. If they do lose then it will be time to hit the panic button. I know some fans have already hit but this loss would definitely be the breaking point for myself. Idc if it’s a hostile environment, this team should blow them out like every SEC team has this season. We are about to learn a lot about this team
The sun comes up Sunday (I believe is the correct response)...

We will learn a lot about this team for sure. I'm hoping this lights a fire underneath the "dogs" we have on this team, and we start to go on a run. Doesn't have to be a blowout... but get a tough win on the road. Then let's take care of business in Rupp next week and we're right where we need to be. Long way to go.

Reactions: chroix
So does South Carolina. The only bad loss we have this year is UNCW. We shouldn't have lost as badly to South Carolina as we did, but losing to them on the road isn't a bad loss. They're a borderline top 25 team.

But if you want to win the SEC and go far in the tournament you gotta do more than just avoid bad losses. This team has to start turning reasonable losses into wins.
Absolutely correct.

NET RANKINGS
Texas A&M 39
Arkansas 127
South Carolina 51

South Carolina we should have won, A&M we were dogs. Arkansas is truly a can't lose game, we should win easily IMO.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Its ESPN gameday down there, they are desperate for a win, great crowd, its gonna be extremely tough to win. Catching them kind of the same way we caught A&M unfortunately.
Idc if the Pope himself is there. There will be zero excuses for this team if they lose. I don’t want to hear “it was a tough environment, they are freshmen” “we got manhandled” “we couldn’t get anything going”….. no more excuses, they’ve been punched in the mouth now it’s time for them to respond. Arkansas is a bad team and if we lose it’ll be right up there with the UNCW loss

The sun comes up Sunday (I believe is the correct response)...
Unless u live in ky. Then it's rain for 40 days and 40 nights. Taking losses is nothing new. Not watching them live is a decent play for those of us who don't want the negativity. I actually have lost alot of interest last few years especially when we see the lug nuts loose and tires wobbling. Which is what we have for this team. The question we should be asking is after hogs beat us do we have the will to pick ourselves up or do we throw in the towel early in February. This shit don't come easy and the type of kids now n days don't care about tradition or UK. They care about social media and likes which don't help basketball any.

• Love
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Its ESPN gameday down there, they are desperate for a win, great crowd, its gonna be extremely tough to win. Catching them kind of the same way we caught A&M unfortunately.
They are TERRIBLE. Even their own sports analysts have said that team has fallen apart and quit. If we can’t win that game….Cal should be done. I mean Beard took a team he basically got in June and beat them by 20. Absolutely NO excuses for us to lose minus a catastrophic life instance or something.

Lose Saturday and it’s time to officially worry about this team.

Unless u live in ky. Then it's rain for 40 days and 40 nights. Taking losses is nothing new. Not watching them live is a decent play for those of us who don't want the negativity. I actually have lost alot of interest last few years especially when we see the lug nuts loose and tires wobbling. Which is what we have for this team. The question we should be asking is after hogs beat us do we have the will to pick ourselves up or do we throw in the towel early in February. This shit don't come easy and the type of kids now n days don't care about tradition or UK. They care about social media and likes which don't help basketball any.
Lordy, already throwing in the towel for Saturday? Let's just say I'm happy I'm not watching the game with folks that have that attitude.

Lordy, already throwing in the towel for Saturday? Let's just say I'm happy I'm not watching the game with folks that have that attitude.
No I'm just in a bad spot lately and the negative stuff in my life is what I'm trying to remove. Remember when UK Basketball was a way for all of us to come together and get away from troubles. Those days are gone and most games just add to the bad mood or negative impacts of my day.

• Sad
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
No I'm just in a bad spot lately and the negative stuff in my life is what I'm trying to remove. Remember when UK Basketball was a way for all of us to come together and get away from troubles. Those days are gone and most games just add to the bad mood or negative impacts of my day.
I'm sorry those days are gone for you. They aren't for me. But I truly hope whatever negativity is going on in your life stops soon! Hopefully the CATS can bring you some joy again this year!

Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
I hate to say it, but I fully expect to lose. So much so, that I'm recording the game, and will watch it IF we win.

Tell me I'm a fair weather fan if you wish, but the exact opposite is true. I take losing so hard, that watching this much talent lose is tough to take. I'm getting old, man. Gotta keep the ticker strong.

This is my M.O. too! I don’t deal well with the losses. Wrecks me for a couple of days.

giphy.gif

Bottom line is we can’t lose, if we want a high seed and a chance to win the SEC we come out and win. That’s all that matters now. I don’t care if it’s 105-100 just win from now on.

Reactions: TFCats11
This desperate stuff. They’ve been desperate a while and can’t win. We lose that game and that will indicate our season is in a nose dive

I also expect losses on the road. Last few years have conditioned me for that unless we are an elite team, which we are not.

We will see a new starting lineup Saturday and a zone defense. I think people will be surprised.
This right here.^^^^^^
Cal has an excuse to put the right starters on the floor.
Rotation will be 7, 8 players, at most, barring injury or foul trouble.

Cal will be tighter than Dick's hat band. Get ready for a lot of grinding and a lot of yelling from Cal.

Cal will likely get a technical.

Would love to see the Cats piss in the Razorbacks wheaties Saturday. Can't stand that fan base. The win down there was stressful but one of the most fun games looking back after winning it. Hoping for another Reeves performance like this!

This is my M.O. too! I don’t deal well with the losses. Wrecks me for a couple of days.

giphy.gif

Here's my take on all this. In years past, even after a loss you were usually left feeling that everything was left on the floor. The coach prepared and coached to win that game. The players were prepared to win that game. Even in losing, maximum effort and every decision leading up to and during the game was made to win that game. Not the same feel under Cal.

Last edited:
ESPN saying we have a 70% chance to win.

I'm sure they will look at this as a game that can save their season. I'm also sure they have been extremely focused since their loss. Kentucky has to assume they will shoot the well from 3 point land. In addition to always wanting to beat Kentucky, some teams seem to be struggling when the cats come to town, extra effort and a carnival atmosphere always seem to be waiting for Kentucky. We should win this game, but it won't surprise me if we don't, seen this to many times before.

It all depends on Arkansas injuries. If they are healthy it will come down to last possession.

Crazy to say since they are 10-9 🤦🏻‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT