ADVERTISEMENT

This Could Be UK's BEST Shot at an SEC FB Title

Ive been saying it all yr and finally some one is with me!
Our passing game is meh right now and we are rolling people regardless.
If Leary and the WRs can get in sync we can and will win out!

Reactions: maroon79
True. I don’t think it’ll happen but the SEC hasn’t been this weak overall in the past 25 years.

There’s still not a single game that’s a sure win left on this schedule.

Reactions: KYWC36
No chance unless we beat uga and tn IMO. Have to win those 2 in addition to some others.
I agree. It's not likely but it is still the best change we've had. The West is wide open. I think we may be the second best team in the East, have to beat UGA of course or hope UGA chokes. And if they can't beat Auburn....UK takes the lead in the east I believe.

there is no doubt the league in a mini rebuild mode but, while I hope they do, there is zero chance we win out with our schedule as a couple mentioned. With that being said I do think you could get to Atlanta with one loss so there is a window there. We are hitting the meat of the schedule. We will find out what we are real fast next week. We have to get the passing game going to at least be efficient. We can’t beat elite teams with poor throws and dropped passes. It was encouraging today to see us really stick it to Florida and not play even close to our best game.

Our best chance was when we had UGA at home with a chance to clinch a berth to Atlanta.

We still have to go to Athens, Columbia, and Starkville, and have Alabama at home.

And we usually blow games to Tennessee.

Even if Georgia blows this game today, they are still in the driver’s seat in the East if they beat us next week.

All that said, if Leary looked anywhere close to what I had heard described when we signed him, I might agree with you.

Reactions: westerncat
I agree. It's not likely but it is still the best change we've had. The West is wide open. I think we may be the second best team in the East, have to beat UGA of course or hope UGA chokes. And if they can't beat Auburn....UK takes the lead in the east I believe.

Yeah, for 1 week we will lead the east. Kirby pissed off may not end well next week though. Last time he was really mad was against tcu.

With divisions going away after this season i doubt any of us see uk win the SEC n our lifetimes. So this year is the best chance.

Yeah, for 1 week we will lead the east. Kirby pissed off may not end well next week though. Last time he was really mad was against tcu.

With divisions going away after this season i doubt any of us see uk win the SEC n our lifetimes. So this year is the best chance.
Yeah, I'm not wild about divisions being eliminated, but it is what it is.

I’m interested to see how they actually design the schedule.

We could still finish #2 and get to Atlanta if we had a good team and the schedule fell our way.

Reactions: grevey35
I’m interested to see how they actually design the schedule.

We could still finish #2 and get to Atlanta if we had a good team and the schedule fell our way.

Yeah. Will be interesting to see. Still think it's goofy to not go to 9 games but perhaps n 2025 that will happen.

I am personally ok with no divisions as long as most important rivalries occur each season.

Reactions: UKUGA
Possibly with the SEC not being as good as it usually is. Would be awesome if that did happen but we need to REALLY pick it up in the passing game. We’ve been solid to great in all of the other areas so far this season. Thankfully Leary didn’t have to do too much with Davis going off on Florida but we have got to have better performances from him and the receivers(too many drops) if we even want to have a legit shot at Atlanta.

Reactions: catben and UKUGA
I thought going away from division would kill our chances. No way we would ever be 2nd best in whole conference. Just hope for the year the East was down or pullout one upset against Georgia.

But this year, I think we couldve pulled off the 2nd best feat with a win against Bama at home. Ironic.

win-major-league.gif

IF the passing attack gets MUCH more consistent by next weekend, we have a shot in Athens. NO MORE DROPPED PASSES OR BAD THROWS OR KNOCKDOWNED PASSES!!!!!!

It's great to have the opportunity, but if you had told me before the season started that our BIGGEST concern would be the passing game and NOT the O-Line or CB's, I would have laughed.

It has truly been mind boggling how MEDIOCRE at best it is right now. Hope Coach Coen can get it lined out like he did the running game this week.

I think UK made a very strong case for top SEC team against UF. I thought it would be a close game, UK dominated from start to finish, score doesn't show how dominant UK was.
UGA still best team in SEC, y'all will be ready next Saturday and I expect if we can't throw the ball that we'll be in trouble, cause y'all aren't going to allow us to run all over the field

Ummm…Ga ain’t giving up a gazillion yards on the ground to Ray Davis while Leary throws wounded ducks to receivers that can’t catch. I love the cats as much as anyone but Georgia is going to win relatively easy next weekend. I am not falling for the Florida fools gold two years in a row. They were massively overrated, just as last year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT