ADVERTISEMENT

What is missing for this team to win title?

Wagner, Bradshaw and Edwards all turning out to be busts of varying degrees is probably - along with awful coaching - what will seal this team's fate.

I think we could've been a real FF contender if 2 out of 3 panned out but getting virtually zero from all of them in mid/late February just puts way too much stress on Reeves/Dillingham/Sheppard to always play their 'A' game for us to have a chance to win.
Wagner isn’t far from was expected, a shorter but quicker Andrew Harrison.
And Bradshaw is as I expected, simply too thin and weak to contribute much, Collins 2.0

Wagner isn’t far from was expected, a shorter but quicker Andrew Harrison.
And Bradshaw is as I expected, simply too thin and weak to contribute much, Collins 2.0

Wagner since coming back from the ankle has been unplayable. Before that he seemed like he was trending up and would be a really good college guard by March.

Aside from Cal, what does this team lack or need to win a title this year?

I have two.

1. Stick with Reed from the opening tip as point guard. Best option to get us in the best shot.

2. Onyenso lacking as a scoring presence inside.
Best coach in the county.

Best roster in the country. Just young.

Learning everyday.

All this team needs is repetitions.

Some good health would help too. If Wagner can get back to being Wagner the sky is the limit.

Best coach in the county.

Best roster in the country. Just young.

Learning everyday.

All this team needs is repetitions.

Some good health would help too. If Wagner can get back to being Wagner the sky is the limit.
"Repetitions" LOL tell that to Big Z...

The season's almost over, Einstein.

Reactions: catzcan
Wagner since coming back from the ankle has been unplayable. Before that he seemed like he was trending up and would be a really good college guard by March.
Not disagreeing with that. I meant before injury. Injuries happen, and are not predictable

Reactions: CatsnRoses
Will all due respect. Andrew Harrison is leagues better than DJ Wagner. The guy has two final fours here.
That’s like saying Teague is one of our best PGs ever. 🙄 We didn’t go to F4’s because of Andrew. In spite of him is closer to accurate than because of him is. And no you are wrong, before Wagner’s injury the quality and style of his play was comparable to Andrew. Which wasn’t bad. Not elite but not bad.

I have two.

1. Stick with Reed from the opening tip as point guard. Best option to get us in the best shot.

Hustle on defense instead of jogging.

Seriously, you could put Kobe Bryant, Lebron, Doncic, Booker and Edwards on this team and this clown would find a way to lose. He’s a loser. He’s a pathetic, curmudgeon, get off my lawn, loser. Nothing other than putting his ass out to pasture is going to fix this team or program. Hell I can’t stand the sight of him, much less listen to his stupid ass.

A new coach and four months to fix what this coach has destroyed and failed to do.

gameshow-winner.gif

He’s that uncle nobody likes that comes and stays, sits in your favorite chair, drinks your beer, stinks up the only bathroom in the house, starts fights with neighbors you’ve always got along with, sexist, smelly, smartass that you can’t get even the most obvious hint to to pack his shit and leave. That’s how bad it’s gotten. I would take a weeks vacation and pack up the moving truck for free.

I have two.

A better coach would make a huge difference.

Pride in defense.. the attitude that I am going to lock you up and you aren’t going to score on me.

Watch Reed after he turns it over or makes a mistake. Watch his effort comparative to the rest of the game. Whole different motor trying to make up for his mistake. Imagine him and everyone playing at that level the whole game.

Calipari "I'll take talent over experience every time. "

Kentucky nearly sixty (60) 5 stars in 15 years. 1 national championship.

Uconn six (6) 5 stars in 15 years. 3 national championships. Possibly 4 coming this year.

But you can be a great player without having to be a five star. The Huskies have done a great job over the years finding diamonds in the rough to mix in with a highly ranked player or two and then surrounding them with other really good players who were just outside of that elite-ranking.

Reactions: Catfan2226
But you can be a great player without having to be a five star. The Huskies have done a great job over the years finding diamonds in the rough to mix in with a highly ranked player or two and then surrounding them with other really good players who were just outside of that elite-ranking.
Absolutely agree. We had this once from 1991-1998. What a great period it was.

Absolutely agree. We had this once from 1991-1998. What a great period it was.

The 90’s were a great time for college basketball imo. And even the early 00’s. The whole feel of it was completely different than what it is now. I would also argue that every crowd no matter what arena you pick is still not as good as it used to be because of all the damn cell phones. The mass exodus of players going pro had not really exploded to the degree it is now. To me, there was much more of an “epic feel” to the games back then? (If that makes any sense-hopefully someone knows what I’m trying to say.)

The 90’s were a great time for college basketball imo. And even the early 00’s. The whole feel of it was completely different than what it is now. I would also argue that every crowd no matter what arena you pick is still not as good as it used to be because of all the damn cell phones. The mass exodus of players going pro had not really exploded to the degree it is now. To me, there was much more of an “epic feel” to the games back then? (If that makes any sense-hopefully someone knows what I’m trying to say.)
A much better product no doubt. For UK, we got 3 seasons of the Monster Mash which would be unheard of today.
A national title team in 1996 built on SENIORS with a very talented Ron Mercer added that in my opinion produced the best college team I ever saw play.
It was about winning the SEC, and national titles. It was simply a fun time to be a UK fan.

Reactions: Neue Regel
. . . .
My unequivocal answer: Nothing !
If they make Calipari stay at home from now on, and not come to any practices and not even be on the property for any games, these 'Cats might win it all. Taken out from under Calipari's influence, that is a real possibility. Otherwise ... there's just no way to overcome Calipari's negative impact.
Just MHO, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT