ADVERTISEMENT

Barney has to go.

Actually what we had for 70 or so years before Mitch were basketball dictators. Football was historically treated like the bastard stepchild before Mitch got here.

ADMB has caught heck since I have been posting here and I never understood why. I understand UK'BB program wasn't what it was 20-30 years ago, well guess what, several other teams aren't either. For decades UK was the only SEC team serious about BB. But Mitch has elevated the entire program, not sent the entire budget on one sport. He is an excellent AD, just look at the entire athletic program.

But like you said there is a group that thinks all the other sports do is waste resources that is rightfully the BB programs.

Reactions: childe
except for the vols,
Seems to be the conference consensus.

I do not expect Auburn and Bama to pull for one-another, or State and Ole Piss, but otherwise there seems to be a conference consensus of shared interest in building conference value.

But no one I know has UT as their second favorite team, in conference.

Seems to be the conference consensus.

I do not expect Auburn and Bama to pull for one-another, or State and Ole Piss, but otherwise there seems to be a conference consensus of shared interest in building conference value.

But no one I know has UT as their second favorite team, in conference.

Or nationwide, the absolutely ugliest colors in the country, and comical when they wear their alternate uniforms, that black looks like a Halloween party and the grays looks like too much bleach. But their orange is faded out too.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADMB has caught heck since I have been posting here and I never understood why.
You were not here for his first 5-10 years.

He was willing to piss off the Old Guard to fully monetize priority.

A personal example: my old girlfriend’s Mom lived next to a Lady who graduated with a woman who ran the ticket office.

My GF grew up in Florida, moved to Central Kentucky in the 90’s, did not attend UK, but suddenly had front row, upper deck tickets.

And paid a modest amount to the Blue Fund to keep them.

A few years ago, Mitch told everyone in the front row, that they had priority, but had to pony-up a pretty good Chunk of Change, or get moved back a couple of rows so that those willing to pay the $$ could have the front row.

She refused the offer, got bumped 3 rows back, still on the aisle, but only attended one game after being moved, sitting with her arms crossed, starring at the back of the folks three rows in front of us, saying “they are in my seats.”

He really monetized Rupp premium seating, raising millions off the front 5 rows that are “in front of the strap,” a security strap that an employee has to open to allow the wealthy to proceed.

I have a very wealthy friend who does 5 season tickets in the eighth row at Rupp, three rows behind the strap.

She invited me and a cynical married couple from Minnesota to see Kentucky throttle Arkansas a few years ago. The Yankee couple actually started bitching that Kentucky was beating the Hogs too badly.

I whispered to my friend, “how much are each of these tickets worth,” and she whispered back, “about $750.00.” I discretely let the near-Canadians know they were sitting on $1,500.00 worth of Kentucky real estate, and that was for one game.

They STFU!!

But as you might imagine, there were hundreds of folk at Rupp and maybe a couple thousand at Kroger who had some premium tickets from chance contacts, political influence, inheritance, and the good old boy network that had ruled Kentucky Sports for decades.

When they were priced out of their premium seats (even being given the chance to pony-up) Mitch earned several thousand haters who have never gotten over being tossed by sheer economic pricing.

And many of these folks have long memories, and posting privileges.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
He is an excellent AD, just look at the entire athletic program.
When we were ranked 9th in all sports, and first in the SEC, two years ago, I nearly shat my pants when I heard it.

Kentucky ain’t “Deep South” we can all agree: but almost all Kentuckians find any excuse they can to spend time in the Deep South, and I/we know how seriously ALL ATHLETIC activity is taken here.

UK was the first SEC school to win a Volleyball National Title!

WTF?

Kentucky Baseball is 11-1 in the SEC, to date?

Huh??

If healthy, two former UK track Stars will fill half of the USA’s Women’s 400 relay in the next Olympics?

Jesus!

At least one national commentator has listed Kentucky Football as a Dark Horse playoff contender!

Has Hell frozen over?

It’s real simple. He built our fb program from terrible to average at the cost of our championship basketball program. I love UK fb but what’s defined our athletics is basketball success. Extreme success. Something UK fb could never bring us. It’s nearly impossible for UK to compete for an sec title now in fb. We haven’t even been to a ny6 yet this clown at AD sinks our bb program and has used his philosophy with our fb coach the 10th highest paid in the game. You can’t make this up. The last two years of fb have been subpar. I mean it’s time for all uk fb bb or whatever fans to stand shoulder to shoulder and demand Barney go. You don’t get to spend big for mediocrity and keep the job. You don’t get and give mulligan after mulligan on coaching hires and keep your job the way the man has. We need bbn to come together to oust this guy. It’s about 7 years too long for him at uk. We need a unified movement to hold the man accountable who gave cal this ridiculous contract that has ripple effects through all programs.

Just stop.

And ftlop people please stop commenting on this thread and all of the others like it. Don't feed the trolls

I get your gist, but if posts like these cannot be taken down by the mods, I would prefer any of our visitors from other schools see the broadly shared denunciation of such outmoded ideas.
His ineptness is playing out in real time and you’re over here complaining about the veracity of my post. The guy has run his course. He sat there and lied that he and cal has a great relationship. Give it up.

His ineptness is playing out in real time and you’re over here complaining about the veracity of my post. The guy has run his course. He sat there and lied that he and cal has a great relationship. Give it up.

WTF are you talking about? Multiple posters on the BB board have been posting "make Hurley say no" well he did, and not it's ADMH fault he said no. Here is something you might need to start realizing, basketball is number 2 in college sports, the number 1 sport is and has been for a while is college football. Without the success of Mark Stoops UK would be joining Vanderbilt in the conversation about being included in the 65-70 group of schools that will make up the 2 super conferences.

One of if not the top ADs in the conference did exactly what the BB only crowd wanted at a saving of 33m dollars, thinking any coach they wanted would crawl to Lexington. We'll apparently the top 3 who ADMB was suppose to hire all said no and stayed put for less money and that is somehow ADMB's fault? Let's just say you have the wrong person/people that the rest of the country is thinking are "Bafoons".

WTF are you talking about? Multiple posters on the BB board have been posting "make Hurley say no" well he did, and not it's ADMH fault he said no. Here is something you might need to start realizing, basketball is number 2 in college sports, the number 1 sport is and has been for a while is college football. Without the success of Mark Stoops UK would be joining Vanderbilt in the conversation about being included in the 65-70 group of schools that will make up the 2 super conferences.

One of if not the top ADs in the conference did exactly what the BB only crowd wanted at a saving of 33m dollars, thinking any coach they wanted would crawl to Lexington. We'll apparently the top 3 who ADMB was suppose to hire all said no and stayed put for less money and that is somehow ADMB's fault? Let's just say you have the wrong person/people that the rest of the country is thinking are "Bafoons".
Hell bb is #3 at some SEC schools. I’ve lived in Lex most of my life and went to UK and NEVER understood the over-the top what fanaticism for basketball.

You were not here for his first 5-10 years.

He was willing to piss off the Old Guard to fully monetize priority.

A personal example: my old girlfriend’s Mom lived next to a Lady who graduated with a woman who ran the ticket office.

My GF grew up in Florida, moved to Central Kentucky in the 90’s, did not attend UK, but suddenly had front row, upper deck tickets.

And paid a modest amount to the Blue Fund to keep them.

A few years ago, Mitch told everyone in the front row, that they had priority, but had to pony-up a pretty good Chunk of Change, or get moved back a couple of rows so that those willing to pay the $$ could have the front row.

She refused the offer, got bumped 3 rows back, still on the aisle, but only attended one game after being moved, sitting with her arms crossed, starring at the back of the folks three rows in front of us, saying “they are in my seats.”

He really monetized Rupp premium seating, raising millions off the front 5 rows that are “in front of the strap,” a security strap that an employee has to open to allow the wealthy to proceed.

I have a very wealthy friend who does 5 season tickets in the eighth row at Rupp, three rows behind the strap.

She invited me and a cynical married couple from Minnesota to see Kentucky throttle Arkansas a few years ago. The Yankee couple actually started bitching that Kentucky was beating the Hogs too badly.

I whispered to my friend, “how much are each of these tickets worth,” and she whispered back, “about $750.00.” I discretely let the near-Canadians know they were sitting on $1,500.00 worth of Kentucky real estate, and that was for one game.

They STFU!!

But as you might imagine, there were hundreds of folk at Rupp and maybe a couple thousand at Kroger who had some premium tickets from chance contacts, political influence, inheritance, and the good old boy network that had ruled Kentucky Sports for decades.

When they were priced out of their premium seats (even being given the chance to pony-up) Mitch earned several thousand haters who have never gotten over being tossed by sheer economic pricing.

And many of these folks have long memories, and posting privileges.

It's that way everywhere Hack, you know I have admired the job he has done for all of UK's athletic programs. I understand the expectations of UKs BB program, but things are not what they were in the middle of UKs dominance, kids don't stay 4 years, 100's of kids capable of being college stars. Cal couldn't deliver what they wanted, but he won alot of games for UK. Only time will tell if the next one does better.

If the allegations in this lawsuit prove true, he'll be done. Firing him for performance was apparently never happening, despite hiring joker and Billy g back to back. But this is an entirely different animal. Especially in today's climate.

The civil complaint is pretty specific too about dates and times of communication. That usually means those facts must have solid proof. If they can prove the actual sexual stuff occurred he's probably done.

If Barnhart is out, then we need a FOOTBALL- focused AD to take his place.

I mean no harm by this and are not saying you are not correct, but if that happens UK will be in a civil war with itself.

I personally think an AD has to be in full support of his main source of revenue, I can't say for a fact it's football at UK but I suspect it is. I know it is at UGA and several other programs. But he has to also make sure every other program gets what they need, in terms of facilities, coaching and monies. It's not an easy job because every program wants more than they need. But the monies is the easiest part, facility and upgrades is an arms race, or was and may not be with NIL anymore. Hiring coaches isn't all on the AD, sure he is part of the process but normally that has to be approved at a higher level.
I just think Mitch has done a good job with the athletic program as a whole, if he has gotten himself in trouble with a member of the opposite sex, at least he wasn't stopped with her red panties on his head, UGA had one that happened to, in the afternoon. Of course he was immediately fired, and is now the AD at a Big10 school.

I mean no harm by this and are not saying you are not correct, but if that happens UK will be in a civil war with itself.

I personally think an AD has to be in full support of his main source of revenue, I can't say for a fact it's football at UK but I suspect it is. I know it is at UGA and several other programs. But he has to also make sure every other program gets what they need, in terms of facilities, coaching and monies. It's not an easy job because every program wants more than they need. But the monies is the easiest part, facility and upgrades is an arms race, or was and may not be with NIL anymore. Hiring coaches isn't all on the AD, sure he is part of the process but normally that has to be approved at a higher level.
I just think Mitch has done a good job with the athletic program as a whole, if he has gotten himself in trouble with a member of the opposite sex, at least he wasn't stopped with her red panties on his head, UGA had one that happened to, in the afternoon. Of course he was immediately fired, and is now the AD at a Big10 school.
At UK, the main source of revenue is undoubtedly football.

I can't say for a fact it's football at UK but I suspect it is.

By a multiple, Grumpy.

Men’s Basketball is profitable at a high level compared to many schools, but FB far outpaces it.

We’ve done a good job for decades monetizing everything that football touches. I don’t remember seeing many university owned parking spots leased to fans near the stadiums in Athens or Tuscaloosa. When our new stadium was built in the middle of a 400 acre, flat corn field, someone got the bright idea of blacktopping much of it, and getting 30,000 fans to pays hundreds per year to park close by.

We raise more University money off football parking than most schools have for an athletic budget (if you include NAIA, etc.).

Those red and blue parking passes become a valuable and frequently traded commodity each September.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
It’s real simple. He built our fb program from terrible to average at the cost of our championship basketball program. I love UK fb but what’s defined our athletics is basketball success. Extreme success. Something UK fb could never bring us. It’s nearly impossible for UK to compete for a sec title now in fb. We haven’t even been to a ny6 yet this clown at AD sinks our bb program and has used his philosophy with our fb coach the 10th highest paid in the game. You can’t make this up. The last two years of fb have been subpar. I mean it’s time for all uk fb bb or whatever fans to stand shoulder to shoulder and demand Barney go. You don’t get to spend big for mediocrity and keep the job. You don’t get and give mulligan after mulligan on coaching hires and keep your job the way the man has. We need bbn to come together to oust this guy. It’s about 7 years too long for him at uk. We need a unified movement to hold the man accountable who gave cal this ridiculous contract that has ripple effects through all programs.
When Cal was ripping through the NCAA through 2015, MB didn’t get credit for hiring Cal. The lifetime contract was stupid and he deserves to be held accountable.

Stoops is the best coach we have had since Collier. Bat Cats have made multiple super regionals and are 29-5/12-1 this year. Volleyball title, rifle, individual titles, he hired DeMoss and Mitchell.

Our facilities are world class. I wish MB would retire, but UK is not just a bb school and I will be damned if I want a Cliff Hagan-type to prop up basketball.
And I love the Pope hire!

• Love
It’s real simple. He built our fb program from terrible to average at the cost of our championship basketball program. I love UK fb but what’s defined our athletics is basketball success. Extreme success. Something UK fb could never bring us. It’s nearly impossible for UK to compete for an sec title now in fb. We haven’t even been to a ny6 yet this clown at AD sinks our bb program and has used his philosophy with our fb coach the 10th highest paid in the game. You can’t make this up. The last two years of fb have been subpar. I mean it’s time for all uk fb bb or whatever fans to stand shoulder to shoulder and demand Barney go. You don’t get to spend big for mediocrity and keep the job. You don’t get and give mulligan after mulligan on coaching hires and keep your job the way the man has. We need bbn to come together to oust this guy. It’s about 7 years too long for him at uk. We need a unified movement to hold the man accountable who gave cal this ridiculous contract that has ripple effects through all programs.
You’re not even a Kentucky fan, the football coach should be the highest our campus because our product produces the most money. You’re obviously a basketball fan go back to Rupp Rafters. Really excited for Coach Pope but you know what you almost make me not wanna be with this kind of attitude from a small portion of BB fans never been a big fan of Mitch’s, but the last two years he has made all the right decisions.

Last edited:

It wouldn’t be the Civil War don’t go by this message boards. There’s a lot more football fans than you think. The only difference between here and a lot of schools a bad hire in either sport will get you fired..

When Cal was ripping through the NCAA through 2015, MB didn’t get credit for hiring Cal. The lifetime contract was stupid and he deserves to be held accountable.

Stoops is the best coach we have had since Collier. Bat Cats have made multiple super regionals and are 29-5/12-1 this year. Volleyball title, rifle, individual titles, he hired DeMoss and Mitchell.

Our facilities are world class. I wish MB would retire, but UK is not just a bb school and I will be damned if I want a Cliff Hagan-type to prop up basketball.
And I love the Pope hire!
He gets credit for hiring cal. Then the blame for the contract. Now he hired a sex predator as coach because the man can’t walk and chew gum at the same time. He’s done

you’re just being a troll makes no sense but go ahead and waste your time. You’re not changing anybody’s mind.

you’re just being a troll makes no sense but go ahead and waste your time. You’re not changing anybody’s mind.
Well I don’t have to. I think the perception of what happens in the swim program speaks for itself.

The drama this year to date
Stoops leaving (tamu caved to fans)
Coen leaves
Bb fails
The interview with cal
Cal leaves
Replaced hastily with questionable hire
Next day new drop of a sex assault scandal in the swim program

I don’t care about the small arguments this dude needs to go.

He went to Ole Miss.

And he’s an Ex-Pat, living in Latin America, coaching (or following) his true sports passion: soccer.

Notice when he lists Olympic sports complaining of funding priorities, he never lists soccer.

I think Barnhart has been of benefit to soccer, as well as the other minor, non-revenue sports at UK.

Last edited:
And he’s an Ex-Pat, living in Latin America, coaching (or following) his true sports passion: soccer.

Notice when he lists Olympic sports complaining of funding priorities, he never lists soccer.

I think Barnhart has been of benefit to soccer, as well as the other minor, non-revenue sports at UK.
Devil take soccer. What a ridiculous sport, average score is 0 to 0. I'd sooner visit the dentist than watch that rubbish.

Where do I blame fb? I blame a man ad who is willing to trade a championship basketball program in order to be average in fb. It’s about Barney. Do better with your comprehension and stop being sensitive and defensive.

You’re the one failing to comprehend. You do this same thing on the basketball board.

Calipari is the sole reason UK basketball has been hot garbage the last 5 years and why Kentucky has become a G League. Calipari. Not Mitch.

Give it up. Or at least stick to one board when you throw these tired tantrums. We understand you don’t like Mitch and there may be some merit to that but he is not the reason Kentucky basketball is where it’s at (before Pope of course who I’m very excited about).

By a multiple, Grumpy.

Men’s Basketball is profitable at a high level compared to many schools, but FB far outpaces it.

We’ve done a good job for decades monetizing everything that football touches. I don’t remember seeing many university owned parking spots leased to fans near the stadiums in Athens or Tuscaloosa. When our new stadium was built in the middle of a 400 acre, flat corn field, someone got the bright idea of blacktopping much of it, and getting 30,000 fans to pays hundreds per year to park close by.

We raise more University money off football parking than most schools have for an athletic budget (if you include NAIA, etc.).

Those red and blue parking pa
ses become a valuable and frequently traded commodity each September.

You are absolutely correct about Athens parking. Parking is a huge money maker for almost every HS booster club in Ga. But it has to be done by a booster club, school can't. Unless it changed in the last 20 years tax money can't be spent on the sports programs other than coach's salaries and facilities because there is enough gray area that the fields can be there for PE classes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT