ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero vastly improved

Not afraid of contact. Should live at the foul line and I'm all about it.
adou-thiero-defense-weight-room.png

Yes, looks much improved. Will play a big role on this year's team.
Going to be tough to keep him off the floor despite all the talented freshmen. That is, if he can keep this level of play going which I see no reason he can't. As another said, he is also way stronger and he uses that to his advantage. I'm pumped about him, hope I'm not getting too excited too soon.

But J-Ryan and UKAlum88 both told me I was way wrong when I suggested Adou had paid his dues and deserved a chance to start today.

I said he had some experience and was bigger and stronger plus a better defender and rebounder AT THIS TIME than Edwards.

So glad those 2 set me straight. I guess I just don’t understand UK basketball.

Cal keeps putting Theiro out there and actually started him. WTH? Guess he didn’t get the message from those 2 UK bball savants.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Ball handling better. Doesn't dribble like a goose as much. He had his moments last year with 7 & 5 vs Arkansas and some of the early nonconference games.

Reactions: ganner918
Edwards has a long way to go. I'm sure he's going to be a very good player but he's not there yet.
I liked his hustle, he seemed to play hard the whole way, and yeah it's one game, but aside from that slick drive and scoop shot he had I didn't see a single thing that woulda tipped me off to him being a top 5 HS guy.

I liked his hustle, he seemed to play hard the whole way, and yeah it's one game, but aside from that slick drive and scoop shot he had I didn't see a single thing that woulda tipped me off to him being a top 5 HS guy.
There was a play that really impressed me, he shot a 3 and missed it by about 6 feet high off the backboard and it resulted in a bit of a fast break for Germany the other way. He sprinted down the court and stole the pass to break up the play, so it was nice that he got back on defense so fast after missing a shot so badly. But his outside shot looks pretty broken to me. I don't love his form at all.

If not, first guy off bench. I've been telling people for 13 months this kid is going to be a star. It may not be this year but it will happen.
Hope it’s here at UK. We seem to lose a lot of good players that should stay. I agree that he is vastly improved and will only get better.

He looks like a complete player out there and playing with way more confidence than a year ago. Looks smooth on offense attacking the basket and is tough on defense. Really liking what I'm seeing from him so far.
His ceiling is high. I’m happy to see him developing. He could be a huge piece we aren’t quite expecting this year.

Reactions: ORCAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT