ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero vastly improved

Thiero started at the four, a clear standout on both ends of the floor. He finished with nine points on 3-6 shooting while adding seven rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks .

Calipari credits the growth to his commitment to the game.

“He is so much better and so much more aggressive,” he said. “So much more committed to the game, which has made him more confident. If he rebounds the way he does, he’s gonna be on the court. Just what it is.”

Reactions: Fox2monk
He looks like a complete player out there and playing with way more confidence than a year ago. Looks smooth on offense attacking the basket and is tough on defense. Really liking what I'm seeing from him so far.
Makes sense why he was starting Tues

Reactions: ORCAT
I got to watch a little bit of the game today and I was impressed to see him finish after contact.

Thiero started at the four, a clear standout on both ends of the floor. He finished with nine points on 3-6 shooting while adding seven rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks .

Calipari credits the growth to his commitment to the game.

“He is so much better and so much more aggressive,” he said. “So much more committed to the game, which has made him more confident. If he rebounds the way he does, he’s gonna be on the court. Just what it is.”
Good to hear, I know Cal values Rebounding and playing defense so I hope he has a big role. Now wether that will overcome wanting the five stars to show out is another story but I think we rely on him and Reeves quite a bit.

A year of growing and maturing when you are 18-19 years old, with instruction, weight room, and good diet, can produce results. Good on him and the UK staff.
Joe B used to say that players needed until mid-year of their sophomore season to become the player they could be. I think that was aimed at impatient fans who expected the impossible.

He is a grown ass man this year. The block at half showed some athleticism he didn’t have last year. A lot of work has been put in.

Love Thiero!! Can’t imagine him in one more year if that was a possibility.

He is a grown ass man this year. The block at half showed some athleticism he didn’t have last year. A lot of work has been put in.
He was also our player who most tried to play by the new rules. He would try to bat away shots after they'd hit the rim.

We are flying under the radar, as much as that is possible with UK.
All this top 15 talk is hog wash though.
When fully healthy no one hangs with these guys; no one.

Free throw might be a strength this year.Thiero was one of the best getting to the line last year.

Last edited:
Thiero reminds me a bit of Erik Daniels. He was about the same size (6’7, 215 lbs.) and a tenacious player. Thiero has a better handle, by far, though.

He looks like a complete player out there and playing with way more confidence than a year ago. Looks smooth on offense attacking the basket and is tough on defense. Really liking what I'm seeing from him so far.
The main difference is that he was given a chance to play against Germany and he wasn't forced to play out of position. He should have been getting more of the minutes that Livingston was getting.

Because Edwards has more potential being the #1 player on some rankings.
If Kentucky wants to win, Cal needs to prioritize producers over potential. Potential might do the NBA a lot of good but not so much for Kentucky if players aren't hanging around long enough for their potential to matter.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT