ADVERTISEMENT

The core 7 guys have a chance to help UK make a run

Sep 3, 2022
We’re starting to see how this team, as oddly assembled as it is, can become the best version of itself.

Dilly, Shep, Reeves, Thiero, and Ugo is the bet lineup. But you know DJ and Edwards will play and the two of them actually play good D.

Thiero provides much needed physicality and D. Ugo is an excellent defensive deterrent and can change the game a bit…and isn’t a statue so he can run the floor and allow the Cats to still push the tempo. And I’m liking how the core 7 is rotating on D and even switching effectively.

This 7 man rotation is how UK will live and die. But I’m seeing glimpses of its potential.

Reactions: EliteBlue
This will have to turn into an 8 man rotation because I don't see a world where Mitchell is healthy and not getting minutes.

And.. and this is no knock to Burks and Z.. but when they went in, we played some of our worst basketball. We really need to settle on these 7. If we can build a lead in the Vandy/LSU game, then I'd like to see them get minutes.. but there's 6 or so games left.. we can't be tinkering with lineups.

Agree on Mitchell. He will and should play. But the reality is that this team as constructed needs a less “talented” Thiero to play more than Mitchell. It is what it is in terms of physicality and motor and D. This team and roster just doesn’t have the luxury of Mitchell due to its interior limitations physically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT