ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero must be banged up or sick

I don't believe he is out. Happy to see he was noticed by the scouts and us too. If you haven't checked out Joey before he came to UK there are some highlights that will make you go whoa that is chapmanish
Will he get any playing time with the guards we have now? Plus in blowouts Cal plays the starters the whole game and doesn't put anyone in till a minute left.

If I was Cal I would demand high tops at this point at the very least. Start taping feet if we have too.

Knowing the corruption in this sport, and our past with Nike.. I'd be sending someone over there to keep a keen eye on the shoes sent our way.

Just pull off several boxes of a generic D1 collegiate shoe off the production line, and tell them we will rebrand them ourselves. Leave no doubt.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If I was Cal I would demand high tops at this point at the very least. Start taping feet if we have too.
The high top vs. low top issue has been researched a few times. Results say that there is no difference in the shoe being used when sprained ankles occur. I assume most or all of our players have their ankles taped before every practice. Not trying to disagree . Just pointimg out what the research shows.

The high top vs. low top issue has been researched a few times. Results say that there is no difference in the shoe being used when sprained ankles occur. I assume most or all of our players have their ankles taped before every practice. Not trying to disagree . Just pointimg out what the research shows.
Maybe not but it seems like when High Tops were the style that not as many guys on one team at least got as many significant ankle injuries. Maybe it doesn’t stop them overall but I’d like to see the damage done Vs. Each style. One of my friends who played basketball and football in high school used to wear these ankle supports when he played, maybe that would help, it was kinda like a neoprene wrap.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Maybe not but it seems like when High Tops were the style that not as many guys on one team at least got as many significant ankle injuries. Maybe it doesn’t stop them overall but I’d like to see the damage done Vs. Each style. One of my friends who played basketball and football in high school used to wear these ankle supports when he played, maybe that would help, it was kinda like a neoprene wrap.
Yeah our bball coach in high school made every player on the team wear lace up ankle wraps. We never had any major ankle sprains.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Taping and ankle flexibility...that's the only defense for a basketball player. Strengthen and support. Only way to "strengthen" an ankle is to increase the mobility. There's a reason all those old assed basketball coaches did ankle walks before practice.

I was wondering about this the other day. Someone needs to check with the team and see how many does tape up for games.
At UK it is cooler to be injured than it is to play. Cal and most of the players seem to look for a reason to sit out and to string out injuries for as long as possible. This has been the case for the past 4 or 5 years.

That just moves the sprain further north. Taping is the best thing you can do, but assume they all get taped. I'd be shocked if they don't.
They need to tape better because we have had way too many ankle injuries lately. At least it feels like it. There has to be a way to stop so many severe injuries outside bad luck.

At UK it is cooler to be injured than it is to play. Cal and most of the players seem to look for a reason to sit out and to string out injuries for as long as possible. This has been the case for the past 4 or 5 years.
They really do it's like they love the attention it garners.

Watched Adou nail a 3 from the left corner of the hoop near visiting bench during the SEC Network broadcast, so must have gotten banged up after that. Form looked a lot better and smoother. Joey Hart was highly talked about within the NBA guys in building-wondering who he was because he was the best looking shooter/shot maker on the team at the Workout.

The SEC Network show was great:

Interviewed Antigua, Martin, Cal, Ulis, Darius Miller, S&C Coach, Reed Sheppard and Antonio Reeves. Show focused on the players on the court and program. Well done from SEC Network.

They really do it's like they love the attention it garners.
Yeah, that explains all the cheering and high-fives on the bench when a player gets injured. Coaches serve champagne. It's the most amazing thing to happen to a player. Even the KY bashers love it, as they are still talking about the tournament where we had three guards injured.

They need to tape better because we have had way too many ankle injuries lately. At least it feels like it. There has to be a way to stop so many severe injuries outside bad luck.
Flexibility man. That's about the only defense for an ankle. All tied together though. Most kids, especially boys, have super tight hamstrings. Affects the knee, calf, ankle...pretty much anything on the lower half. But there's a happy middle ground in there too. Need flexibility, but too much flexibility limits the load you can carry (weight you can push/pull/drag...you get it). I coach HS hoops. We do ankle walks daily. I beg our strength and conditioning guy to work on ankle mobility in the weight room too. (Knocking on wood) We don't have big issues with ankles. Idk if it's a coincidence or not.

Reactions: kybassfan
Flexibility man. That's about the only defense for an ankle. All tied together though. Most kids, especially boys, have super tight hamstrings. Affects the knee, calf, ankle...pretty much anything on the lower half. But there's a happy middle ground in there too. Need flexibility, but too much flexibility limits the load you can carry (weight you can push/pull/drag...you get it). I coach HS hoops. We do ankle walks daily. I beg our strength and conditioning guy to work on ankle mobility in the weight room too. (Knocking on wood) We don't have big issues with ankles. Idk if it's a coincidence or not.
Yes! High schools and AAU for the most part, do a pathetic job of preparing athletes to compete at the next level. Poor conditioning, poor training (thus the injuries) and even worse skills development. The emphasis is on athleticism and cheap offensive skills. When these guys get to college, they are poorly prepared for the physical rigors of competition. It’s getting worse. Another reason why our young teams are diminishing on the international stage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT