ADVERTISEMENT

There is reason for optimism....

I agree with all of Brian’s points but I don’t expect SGA, Knox, Diallo or Vanderbilt here next year

Wonder if Green sees himself heading to the bench and transfers. Just have to see overall how bad the attrition really will be this year

Feel bad for Baker. He would have played a bunch of minutes if he can shoot like we have been hearing.

Could have really used him.
yea, sounds like he could have been the difference in a season with optimism versus what we have now.

I agree with all of Brian’s points but I don’t expect SGA, Knox, Diallo or Vanderbilt here next year

Wonder if Green sees himself heading to the bench and transfers. Just have to see overall how bad the attrition really will be this year
I asked this last night - has Cal ever put a 5 star starter from the year before on the bench?

My hope is that Shai is smarter than Diallo and those giving Vanderbilt advice.

Shai's numbers have dropped - 35% from 3 (Mocks loved him at 44%) and averaging almost 3 TO's per game.

Here are the PGs for the NBA draft:

Doncic- No brainer
Young - No brainer
Sexton - No brainer
Shamet - 6'4 avg 15/5 46% from 3
Carr - 6'5 avg 19/5 46% from 3
Milton - 6'6 avg 18/5 44% from 3

Anfernee Simmons?
Duval?

All these guys will not go 1st Round, is SGA ok going 2nd Round?

Diallo nor Vanderbilt are going 1st Round either.

Shai's numbers have dropped - 35% from 3 (Mocks loved him at 44%) and averaging almost 3 TO's per game.

Doncic- No brainer
Young - No brainer
Sexton - No brainer

Anfernee Simmons?
Duval?

SGA is still mocked in mid first round on a lot of sites. I have heard from someone close to him if he's top 25 he'll go.

I just have a felling that the roster may implode for non draft reasons. There has to be something among the group that they play this bad. They get worse every game.

SGA is still mocked in mid first round on a lot of sites. I have heard from someone close to him if he's top 25 he'll go.

Mocks, especially this year are not reliable. Shai shot up with a very high 3pt average on few attempts at high profile KY.

He is now under 35% with 120 turnovers. He's not a true PG or SG.

I think that once tryouts begin you will see players at less visible programs blow past him...

Shake Milton, Landry Shamet, and Tony Carr are all tall PGs shooting 3's in the mid 40's, athletic and are true PGs.

Jaylen Adams at St Bonaventure is the real deal shooting 50% from 3 and an outstanding PG posting 21/5 per game.

You may see Brown of Miami (combo) and Duval go on athleticism - although Im not a big Duval fan.

Who knows about Anfernee Simmons?

Not to mention Doncic, Young and Sexton will already be off the board. How many PGs will go round 1?

Shai is not a natural point guard, and doesnt create for his jumper well enough. Im not sure how well his drive in the lane will translate at the next level.

I dont see Shai or Diallo in the 1st Round, could be wrong, but just dont see it.

I will say that with IQ coming next season that Shai's stock may not get much higher than this season as a PG, but I'd love to see him come back.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Mocks, especially this year are not reliable. Shai shot up with a very high 3pt average on few attempts at high profile KY.

He is now under 35% with 120 turnovers. He's not a true PG or SG.

I think that once tryouts begin you will see players at less visible programs blow past him...

Shake Milton, Landry Shamet, and Tony Carr are all tall PGs shooting 3's in the mid 40's, athletic and are true PGs.

Jaylen Adams at St Bonaventure is the real deal shooting 50% from 3 and an outstanding PG posting 21/5 per game.

You may see Brown of Miami (combo) and Duval go on athleticism - although Im not a big Duval fan.

Who knows about Anfernee Simmons?

Not to mention Doncic, Young and Sexton will already be off the board. How many PGs will go round 1?

Shai is not a natural point guard, and doesnt create for his jumper well enough. Im not sure how well his drive in the lane will translate at the next level.

I dont see Shai or Diallo in the 1st Round, could be wrong, but just dont see it.

I will say that with IQ coming next season that Shai's stock may not get much higher than this season, but I'd love to see him come back.
This ^^^^ is what I love about this site. I don't know squat about players on other teams or incoming recruits...but there's people on here that do...which saves me from having to worry about it. Nice work Guys and Gals! [thumb2]

Reactions: brianpoe

Doncic- No brainer
Young - No brainer
Sexton - No brainer

Anfernee Simmons?
Duval?

Yes. Where the hell could Vanderbilt go?
Why on earth woud anyone remotely take a chance on him? I love the kid... but he is not a pro prospect, not even close; right now.
Hopefully for him and us fans, he turns out to be a great junior or senior player

Yes. Where the hell could Vanderbilt go?
Why on earth woud anyone remotely take a chance on him? I love the kid... but he is not a pro prospect, not even close; right now.
Hopefully for him and us fans, he turns out to be a great junior or senior player

We seem to have posters that think Jared will go because he is so scared of being injured here, yet they think the NBA isnt aware of this and will use a flyer 1st rounder pick on him....????

Played half a season.
Does not start.
Back to back foot injuries.
Cannot shoot.
Giovany already stated they dont see him getting drafted period this season...

But it's Cal's way and he will push him out the door..... :rolleyes:

Knox, Diallo, Vanderbilt, and Gilgeous-Alexander leave, IMHO.

Love to see us get Montgomery or Wiseman.

G Quickley/Green
G Johnson/Baker
F Washington/Herro
F Montgomery(or Wiseman)/Gabriel
F Richards/Killeya-Jones/Wynyard

Completely agree with everything you said (as usual) except that Cal can not do a worse job. Has he been perfect? Absolutely not and there are some things that I would do different, similar to your post earlier today about the team. I think we are pretty close to agreeing on that front. However, we did see Quade running the point down the stretch tonight without much success but I'd like to see more of it.

But back to Cal, I'm beginning to think that this may have been too much of a job for even the best in the business with young talent. We are just too young to be successful. I don't think that it can all be blamed on Cal. Not saying you are but slot of folks on here on throwing the bus at Cal. I mean, his track record is too good for too many years with young teams to make me believe that it's his fault. I doubt he is doing much different than he has in the past but maybe just a bit more coaching. The players must be willing participants in this process and must buy in to the teaching and coaching .I think there are a few players that haven't bought in and are simply here for themselves. They don't understand that everyone eats if they just buy into the process and buy into the team. Diallo is the obvious choice here as I just don't see any teamwork or unselfish decisions from him .He's not the only one but he's definitely the glaring problem at the moment. If the players don't buy into the process, the team doesn't succeed and I think that's what we are seeing this year. I'm not saying Cal is innocent but I think it's alot more on the players than it is on Cal. He's just been through this too many times and been successful too many times for me to think it's on him .I believe it's just too tall of a task for any coach to have this young of a team and expect excellence. He just bit off more than he could chew this year. The good thing is, I think it will benefit us next year because it's looking like we will only lose Knox, Hami, and possibly SGA. That sets us up well with the incoming guys we have coming and I think they'll be at least 1 more added. I don't think Cal will take any chances on being anything but awesome next year and he goes out and gets a really good transfer to solidify the roster next year .Just my 2 cents anyway.
I think the fault with Cal is in the makeup of the team. I agree he’s probably coached them about as well as you could. This is simply a really, really flawed roster in numerous ways. I’m not sure pushing some different buttons would get us any better results.

I just have a felling that the roster may implode for non draft reasons. There has to be something among the group that they play this bad. They get worse every game.
Just for perspective.....We played a Top 10 team on the road last night and had the lead with five minutes to go in the game. This wasn’t our worst performance by a long shot.

Reactions: Blueaz and brianpoe
Knox, Diallo, Vanderbilt, and Gilgeous-Alexander leave, IMHO.

Love to see us get Montgomery or Wiseman.

G Quickley/Green
G Johnson/Baker
F Washington/Herro
F Montgomery(or Wiseman)/Gabriel
F Richards/Killeya-Jones/Wynyard

Where is Vanderbilt going?

You think he’s ok not being drafted?

Agree but Knox is gone, cant blame him if 10th. Shai who I would love to get back is gone if he is what they show around 15th, how could he not, unless he wants to be here, which I hope. Hami left last year, 1st rd or not he will Briscoe it and just get out of here.Then theres the real concerns, Vanderbilt might go and I saw one board had him at 30th. I hope not but with his foot injuries it might be a concern for him and if he thinks he gets 1st rd he might bolt. I dont think anyone else has the option, at least not 1st rd. So I would guess best case 2-3 leave, worst case 4.

Then theres the whole Baker thing, if Shai comes back does he want to stay here with 5 other guards who are better than him, (maybe not Green Lol)? Hopefully he has the 4 year plan, but these days every time I think that they go after 1 year or transfer.

Agree but Knox is gone, cant blame him if 10th. Shai who I would love to get back is gone if he is what they show around 15th, how could he not, unless he wants to be here, which I hope. Hami left last year, 1st rd or not he will Briscoe it and just get out of here.Then theres the real concerns, Vanderbilt might go and I saw one board had him at 30th. I hope not but with his foot injuries it might be a concern for him and if he thinks he gets 1st rd he might bolt. I dont think anyone else has the option, at least not 1st rd. So I would guess best case 2-3 leave, worst case 4.

Then theres the whole Baker thing, if Shai comes back does he want to stay here with 5 other guards who are better than him, (maybe not Green Lol)? Hopefully he has the 4 year plan, but these days every time I think that they go after 1 year or transfer.
IF Vanderbilt is drafted, its official, the NBA will be strart gradually putting out a shit product. Unless, they are expanding the D league...then they will go to the straight outa HS.
Most on here, seem to think it will be remove the OAD problem. But, interviews I've seen with Silver, he never says straight from HS or 2 or 3 years removed. Just, straight from HS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT