ADVERTISEMENT

There’s only one thing standing between Z and greatness

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
Crossfit Strength GIF by KingsBox_Equipment

Reactions: delk4three
Well I can think of a couple more things... but yes the weight room is the biggest.

He can still work on not biting on the fake and when he gets the ball he's shoot happy. Had a couple bad shots in that 2nd half.

Well I can think of a couple more things... but yes the weight room is the biggest.

He can still work on not biting on the fake and when he gets the ball he's shoot happy. Had a couple bad shots in that 2nd half.
The fadeaway on the block when he was winded was bad. And maybe 1 of his 3s. But the other 3s was open and he can hit them as well as Mitchell so I was ok with them

The fadeaway on the block when he was winded was bad. And maybe 1 of his 3s. But the other 3s was open and he can hit them as well as Mitchell so I was ok with them

It's hard to tell sometimes on the T.V. dude is 7'2 so naturally most shots look pretty open to him.

Since hunches are flying around so often now, I have a hunch Z comes back next year. It’s been said his mom is a big “school” guy and no one looks like they have more fun out there.
Sure hope you are right.

Since hunches are flying around so often now, I have a hunch Z comes back next year. It’s been said his mom is a big “school” guy and no one looks like they have more fun out there.
I hope your hunch is on the mark!! I don't even want to think about the possibilities if Z AND Reed both came back. I don't think I could stand it!!🥴🤪 My cardiologist would be a nervous wreck for the entire season, because he's always warning me about getting really upset, nervous, etc. But it sure would be fun the think about and watch!!

Reactions: dezyDeco
Agreed. It wouldn't hurt Edwards to pound some iron too. I know he's been working on his shooting in the gym, but dang dude, just shadow Thiero for about 3 months and he'd be pretty ripped. Did you see MSU's point guard's shoulders and arms? Can we hire their trainer?

Reactions: Rockfly78
I read somewhere he cannot test draft again. He has already done it twice.

Reactions: Smashcat
He needs to go to the Big Man camp out west. Have some of the best bigs of all time show him how to play down low, not to bite on fakes and develop the inside to go with the outside.

Otherwise, he needs to transfer to Gonzaga to play outside at 7-2. He is not ready for the NBA.

Agreed. It wouldn't hurt Edwards to pound some iron too. I know he's been working on his shooting in the gym, but dang dude, just shadow Thiero for about 3 months and he'd be pretty ripped. Did you see MSU's point guard's shoulders and arms? Can we hire their trainer?
I have a theory about this having been close to it. Kids are starting to specialize at a much younger age now and basketball is the one sport where this happens the most. These kids really needed to play multiple sports, namely football and they need to get in the weightroom early on. AAU basketball is being played all summer now and these kids are not in the weight room in the off season (because there is no offseason). I'm not sure about the culture in European countries but it's pretty common of the euro kids to come over here physically underdeveloped for competitive play.

Reactions: DraftCat
Z is a kid that is 7'2". If his body holds up as he gets older he will make $,$$$,$$$.00.'s. He handled a full grown man last night. That full grown man isn't going to the league.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I'll say that and energy. He just hasnt learned yet the energy/activity level it takes at this level. He's getting better at it all the time but still gets caught loping a little bit and sometimes lazy with the ball. But he's already got all the skills in buckets. If he just goes out with a little more buzz in his game he's going to put up numbers.

And he's already got the enthusiasm and attitude too. Did anyone see his reaction to Reed's shot last night. He was next to Chin and he started to celebrate and then stopped and turned to Chin like he was saying "I told you Coach!!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockfly78
He took a few shots to the mouth from Jimmy Bells big head that would knock some people out, but he kept playing hard. I don't know what Smith was thinking when he just plowed into Z there at the end, Z got right back up. He's got some toughness I didn't know he had already.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Love his potential. One huge deficiency though is his rebounding. His timing is awful. Often he is flat footed when others are junping in the air for the ball.

Z is a kid that is 7'2". If his body holds up as he gets older he will make $,$$$,$$$.00.'s. He handled a full grown man last night. That full grown man isn't going to the league.
I don't know if he handled anyone. He may have gone a long way in growing up last night but I don't think I have ever seen a man that big get thrown around the way Z got thrown around. I really want him to stick around another year and get his body right.

he doesn't need more weight or muscle. you need neither in the nba where you aren't allowed to touch anyone. much skinner and weaker players do just fine. he does need to work on his cardio.

The only thing standing between him and greatness is playing time. I would start him the rest of the season.

What he brings to the table offensively outshines what his defensive deficiencies are.
In other words, I trust him defensively more than I trust Ugo and Bradshaw offensively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT