ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

NK is laughable. But they do have nukes. So it gets messy there.
They do have a lot of bodies to throw at a war. This would help China or Russia in any type of larger conflict. China is posturing big time toward Taiwan. That one is scary from a global economic view.

They do have a lot of bodies to throw at a war. This would help China or Russia in any type of larger conflict. China is posturing big time toward Taiwan. That one is scary from a global economic view.
Means nothing. They'd get slaughtered. But they have tons of artillery to level Seoul. And they'd 100% launch nukes at the West Coast, SK, and Japan if they get surrounded.

Sure. Russia has nukes. Net, they don't want to flatten, they want to rule. Not hard.

So you don't think Russia will seek to rule Ukraine when we pull out? Seriously?

I agree the focus should be on China. But why NK? They're less capable than your Russia.

They do. If Putin was Hitler, he would've used them. Taking a city by force would flatten it either way.

I mentioned nk only because you used the standard of bad intentions. Nk has plenty bad intentions. Just no effective plan. China has both in spades.

• Haha
Reactions: vhcat70
TFk2lLU.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Funding the Ukraine war is literally the biggest no brainer in history. If you trust Peter Zeihan (a fellow Grehan alum along with myself and probably many others on here), if the Ruskies are successful in colonizing Ukraine, they are heading for Poland next. That would require the United States to fight a hot war with Russia -- something Putin may be banking on as that lunatic prepares to exit this mortal coil.

So I don't really know what you momos are raving about. We are killing the foot soldiers of the nearest thing to Hitler the world has seen in a while, getting to experiment with what happens when near peer nations fight, and doing it relatively cheaply.

I consider that to be about the only good part of a conflict that seems inevitably poised to expand and, potentially, become intertwined with the Israel/Gaza/Iran war. If Ukraine is run by crooked deviants or whatever, I don't really care. Their citizens are doing the Lord's rok and we ought to support the hell out of them, imo.
I used to follow him but he missed so much stuff on this war that I stopped. He clearly has a blind spot when Russia comes up. He predicted Crimea would be encircled back in the fall that Russia would have over 100K troops encircled. Ukr never even broke the first line of defense in the south. Misses like that are just too big.

Admitting that you are OK with ukr men going to die by the thousands just to take some Rus with them... Doesn't make you the good guy... Ukr will be a failed state after this even if they win. They have lost an entire generation of men. They had 35 million pop before the war. Most experts say they have less than 20 million left in the country and most say they will never return regardless of outcome.

Who has demonstrated more military incursions and aggression in the last 20 yrs?

Russia
Or
The US / British alliance thingy

honest question that hopefully lessens the tendency to frame Russia as an unquestionable belligerent. - while ignoring all the military incursions , coups / color revolutions and economic sanctions that the "West" has launched

Do you think Russia has more cultural ties with Ukraine - or would you say the US has more cultural ties and cred?
The US has over 800 bases in 80ish countries. We have toppled several government in just the last 20 years. It's time we live up to the words of John Adams, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. If you think the men were men to revere then revere their words about getting involved in foreign entanglements.

Reactions: CastleRubric
NK is laughable. But they do have nukes. So it gets messy there.
I had a buddy stationed there in the 90's. He was told that if war kicked off again that NK could kill over 1 million people with just artlllery in the first hour of the war.

OIP.ckabbXG1Kppay8OWHpdvuAAAAA

Seoul is well within arty range. If NK strikes first they'd kill millions before we could take that out.

Reactions: RunninRichie
At this point Poland would kick the shit out of Russia from a defensive position in a conventional war. No way Putin attempts that in the near future. He will be long dead before they’re capable.
That is part of the reason Putin isn't going past Ukraine's eastern half. Too many former warsaw countries would get antsy if Poland got invaded and then Rus would have to worry about attacks from 3 sides.

Reactions: WildcatofNati2
Funding the Ukraine war is literally the biggest no brainer in history. If you trust Peter Zeihan (a fellow Grehan alum along with myself and probably many others on here), if the Ruskies are successful in colonizing Ukraine, they are heading for Poland next. That would require the United States to fight a hot war with Russia -- something Putin may be banking on as that lunatic prepares to exit this mortal coil.

So I don't really know what you momos are raving about. We are killing the foot soldiers of the nearest thing to Hitler the world has seen in a while, getting to experiment with what happens when near peer nations fight, and doing it relatively cheaply.

I consider that to be about the only good part of a conflict that seems inevitably poised to expand and, potentially, become intertwined with the Israel/Gaza/Iran war. If Ukraine is run by crooked deviants or whatever, I don't really care. Their citizens are doing the Lord's rok and we ought to support the hell out of them, imo.
Why in the world would Putin suddenly decide to invade Poland, after 25 years of not doing so, when Poland would likely wipe them out in a conventional war (assuming Poland doesn't have nukes themselves and I would NOT make that assumption), even without NATO assistance which would be inevitable, and which would ultimately require nuclear war? Exactly how does some ludicrous attack on Poland benefit Russia?

There are few comparisons imaginable that as are as laughable as to compare Putin and Hitler by the way. Utterly laughable. Putin is an unpleasant character, but far less unpleasant than any single USSR leader other than Gorbachev. Hitler was a genocidal manaic. Of course, neocons liked to also compare Saddam Hussein and anyone else they want to bomb to Hitler.

Why in the world would Putin suddenly decide to invade Poland, after 25 years of not doing so, when Poland would likely wipe them out in a conventional war (assuming Poland doesn't have nukes themselves and I would NOT make that assumption), even without NATO assistance which would be inevitable, and which would ultimately require nuclear war? Exactly how does some ludicrous attack on Poland benefit Russia?
Plus... I don't think people realize how empty and big Russia actually is. They don't need land and they don't have the resources to man long hostile border. They are giving land away to people to settle in their eastern half because they are scared to death China will just move into it.

What happens if we don’t “pull out? Seriously.

The two nations had already worked out a post cold war agreement that allowed Russian military forces to remain in certain key positions

Return to the Minsk Agreement - establish a forum and allow the UKR/RUS sides to isolate & update the Minsk Agmt for 2024

Consult/Confer with the NATO rep's and develop their immediate shut down & relocation of any previously deployed assets etc

There would need to be a reset within UKR though
Both sides agree that UKR will be divested of Foreign Mercenaries, Foreign Intelligence and Military - ensure that the damage done to Orthodox church organization or members - is made whole

Ukraine would be encouraged to establish new elections

Returning or not returning to the same arrangement regarding Russian military presence in UKR would be tricky

It would have to be established that the US and NATO forces became engaged later and have no tangible stake or claim within Ukr

And whatnot--

Last edited:
Glad to see Putin's puppet make it's return. That and Russian disinformation are the two favorites that everyone falls back to once their logic inevitably fails.

Why not allow the Slavs to work it out after we return home and have our ENTIRE Military readiness and resourcing systems - to return to a sane manner of function?

But how would politicians like their own pockets and the pockets of their supporters?

Just as you said, if we stopped our nonsense there would be peace. Russia already wanted to negotiate a few times but somehow that wasn't good enough. The west wants Russia to totally concede despite knowing they encroached numerous times on very clear boundaries.

I had a buddy stationed there in the 90's. He was told that if war kicked off again that NK could kill over 1 million people with just artlllery in the first hour of the war.

OIP.ckabbXG1Kppay8OWHpdvuAAAAA

Seoul is well within arty range. If NK strikes first they'd kill millions before we could take that out.
Yeah thats the big issue with NK. They could level Seoul with just artillery.

Glad to see Putin's puppet make it's return. That and Russian disinformation are the two favorites that everyone falls back to once their logic inevitably fails.

But how would politicians like their own pockets and the pockets of their supporters?

Just as you said, if we stopped our nonsense there would be peace. Russia already wanted to negotiate a few times but somehow that wasn't good enough. The west wants Russia to totally concede despite knowing they encroached numerous times on very clear boundaries.

Point taken, wildcat-fan
And we conveniently check off two more boxes of alignment with Mussolini's fascism

1) There will be a tier of elite cadre of experts and government reps that decide what is considered moral of immoral - rank & file citizens should not concern themselves with such decisions

2) War - Glory !!!! Snarrrlll - war is peace, citizen

3) Also. - corporations ascending into pseudo government roles and decisions - tech companies working for The State etc

Have a good night
Ge stubbornly optimistic tomorrow ANYWAY!

US sending tons of stuff to Taiwan. They must really think China is coming.

This stuff but I've also heard rumors that we are sending 200 old f16's for Taiwan to upgrade.

Pretty sure The PLA had an exercise going this weekend that saw higher unit counts deployed against Taiwan -- but at one point I believe Taiwan was literally surrounded?

Heres a link to this wK's CHICOM mobilization exercise-

China's Communist mouthpiece said this was "punishment" to Old-Formosa for having the unmitigated gall to elect the leader They-Damn-Well-Choose -

The PLA leadership says he's a troublemaker - so - they'll revisit this little Sino-Civics-Lesson again soon i

BBC Link

Last edited:
Reactions: hmt5000
Pretty sure The PLA had an exercise going this weekend that saw higher unit counts deployed against Taiwan -- but at one point I believe Taiwan was literally surrounded?

May still be happening?
Yea. I thought they were just using pressure but wouldn't go until aroun '35. Been hearing cia and nsa guys say '35 is the year China had penciled in for invasion. Maybe they just see Bidens weakness as too good to pass up.

Yea. I thought they were just using pressure but wouldn't go until aroun '35. Been hearing cia and nsa guys say '35 is the year China had penciled in for invasion. Maybe they just see Bidens weakness as too good to pass up.

- -

Air combat

Lord have mercy, yall

Last edited:
You posted that US-Taiwan arms sale link , right?
I mean I KNOW I just looked but - checked out mentally for a sec

That one was definitely pulling fm my last two employers - LM & RMS

The AAMRAM's were on there - I was definitely supporting those folks - purchased / sub-k's for the Inertial Measurement related components to the overall guidance system

Believe Raytheon's HAARM missile was part of the sale -
Those are Radiation seeking cruise missiles - when target RADAR is activated - The USAF pilot will release the HAARM and have it eliminate or seriously degrade that capability for the enemy

Theres also an Electronic Warfare round that RMS designed to fly in low & paint the sky with false radar profiles & ghost bogeys -

That could also result in their Radar locking onto the phantom B52s approaching tm the SE -- which quickly earns another HAARM that's hauling ass to the suddenly intense Radar radiation source

If China attacks Taiwan - i believe you'll see the first major war featuring a significant Air-Air combat aspect

Lord have mercy, yall
It looks like someone wants a wider war
And if the guys I heard saying that we sent 200 decommissioned f16's... They apparently are planning on it being lots of air to air but probably want to be able to bomb ships approaching the island. Dude said they were upgrading their own radar and targeting systems on the f16's we've been sending.

And if the guys I heard saying that we sent 200 decommissioned f16's... They apparently are planning on it being lots of air to air but probably want to be able to bomb ships approaching the island. Dude said they were upgrading their own radar and targeting systems on the f16's we've been sending.
It will be a massive air war. Both sides will lose tons of pilots.

I should look at the sale of those F16s & see if we are actually sourcing "decommissioned" Fighting Falcons fm the Boneyard outside of Tucson, AZ

May take another week to deliver if so
Misawa AB , Japan used to have F16s
Kadena is on Okinawa and used to have F15s?
South Korea has additional AF Bases

Other regional allies that would hopefully support us against the Chinese-Live-Organ-Harvesters:

Australia - Thailand - Guam

After getting electronic warfare & surveillance units airborne , i would get the B52s @ Anderson on alert and make sure we have a nuclear option available with some B52s outfitted with ALCMs

Pssst - Navy, get in here

Have a hunch that a hot war over Taiwan may just trip & trigger N Korea into a the fray

I should look at the sale of those F16s & see if we are actually sourcing "decommissioned" Fighting Falcons fm the Boneyard outside of Tucson, AZ

May take another week to deliver if so
Misawa AB , Japan used to have F16s
Kadena is on Okinawa and used to have F15s?
South Korea has additional AF Bases

Other regional allies that would hopefully support us against the Chinese-Live-Organ-Harvesters:

Australia - Thailand - Guam

After getting electronic warfare & surveillance units airborne , i would get the B52s @ Anderson on alert and make sure we have a nuclear option available with some B52s outfitted with ALCMs

Pssst - Navy, get in here

Have a hunch that a hot war over Taiwan may just trip & trigger N Korea into a the fray
I would have thought 200 would be too high for sending them recent decommissioned stuff. Is the stuff at the boneyard basically just drained of fluid and stripped of Electonics and then parked?

What worries me with China is drone swarms. With their manufacturing capabilities they could send 5000 drones per day at Taiwan and our ships and they could do that non stop for a year. They could basically just drain us and Taiwan of defenses without having to use a human.

I would have thought 200 would be too high for sending them recent decommissioned stuff. Is the stuff at the boneyard basically just drained of fluid and stripped of Electonics and then parked?

What worries me with China is drone swarms. With their manufacturing capabilities they could send 5000 drones per day at Taiwan and our ships and they could do that non stop for a year. They could basically just drain us and Taiwan of defenses without having to use a human.

Honestly - I had NO idea we still manufactured the F16 ?

And I can't believe I was swapping texts about this last night & didn't trip over that immediately

-- sheeit

PS : 10 wins in football this year

Reactions: hmt5000
Also thought i saw the Taiw
Surely our politicians wouldn't lie to us. Surely they aren't moving out a bunch of stuff so their contractor donors (where they probably sit on boards) make a ton of money.

Worth quoting again

Anyone else recall who did the piece detailing how SEVERAL of our humble lawmakers snapped up Lockheed (RMS etc) stock shortly before the The Great Eurasian Liberation Campaign cranked into a US sponsored war?

Thete's something that happens with a Lockheed , Northrop or Raytheon employee when they hit the VP level. - they're generally a different species

But - I'm also 60/40 with my glasses on so - could be steering yall astray

No I’m shocked any American would defend us sending money to support it while pretending we’re “protecting democracy” in the region.
Not aware of any posters stating the objective is to “protect democracy”. Anyone here say that?

Most folks minus geopolitical simpletons would agree keeping Russian imperialism in check without boots on the ground is in the best interests of the region.

Quick google of “Joe Biden Ukraine democracy”

Faced with a threat — (applause) — faced with a threat to the peace and stability of the world, to democratic values we hold dear, to freedom itself, we did what we always do: The United States stepped up. NATO stepped up. Our partners in Europe, in the In- — and then the Indo-Pacific stepped up. All across the world they stepped up.

There’s five pages of results if you search the word “democracy” in this thread, though I’ll acknowledge some of those are people mocking warhawks, like Biden, who’ve pretended this war is about protecting “democratic values” in Ukraine.

Quick google of “Joe Biden Ukraine democracy”

Faced with a threat — (applause) — faced with a threat to the peace and stability of the world, to democratic values we hold dear, to freedom itself, we did what we always do: The United States stepped up. NATO stepped up. Our partners in Europe, in the In- — and then the Indo-Pacific stepped up. All across the world they stepped up.

There’s five pages of results if you search the word “democracy” in this thread, though I’ll acknowledge some of those are people mocking warhawks, like Biden, who’ve pretended this war is about protecting “democratic values” in Ukraine.
---
That old mummified fossil should save "democracy" by serving on the Ukrainian front lines. I'd pay to watch that.

Most folks minus geopolitical simpletons would agree keeping Russian imperialism in check without boots on the ground is in the best interests of the region.
NATO was engineered for the interests of the region. Now, though, non-NATO MEMBER Ukraine’s interests are our interests.

Haven’t you questioned this contradiction?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT