ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

America is the greatest country on earth. But I do not agree with American expansionism through military conflict. We need to mind our own business.

I think GW was very prescient when he warned of foreign alliances and political parties
So it’s understandable that the culture of the greatest country on earth would be appealing to the populaces of countries that are not the greatest.

Kind of like the prettiest girl in school. Some of the other girls dislike her but want to be like her at the same time.

Reactions: Catemus
The merchant of death is an arms trader. Russia is already above that level.

He is a notorious arms dealer.

Sent back to the area & region were we are sending record numbers of arms & ammunitions too.. Why would we release a notorious arms dealer back to Russia in the middle of a war with them?

Are you blind ?

He is a notorious arms dealer.

Sent back to the area & region were we are sending record numbers of arms & ammunitions too.. Why would we release a notorious arms dealer back to Russia in the middle of a war with them?

Are you blind ?
No, I just don't think he's changing anything for Russia. If you're inferring he'll gain access to what we're sending Ukraine, that is possible but I don't think there are too many Ukrainians in the mood to help Russia. Should we have let him go? No, Biden is an idiot. Literally a babbling idiot.

America is the greatest country on earth. But I do not agree with American expansionism through military conflict. We need to mind our own business.

I think GW was very prescient when he warned of foreign alliances and political parties
George Washington said that in the 1790's, in a very different world that was generally unstable. He was right at the time but the world has changed. Just look who our biggest ally is, Great Britain. Some things from that time period simply aren't applicable today.

To what degree should we "mind our own business"?

No, I just don't think he's changing anything for Russia. If you're inferring he'll gain access to what we're sending Ukraine, that is possible but I don't think there are too many Ukrainians in the mood to help Russia. Should we have let him go? No, Biden is an idiot. Literally a babbling idiot.

Let’s see.. Ukraine is winning & advancing but they need more!

But now Russia is winning, they need more!

It’s like as we send more advanced weaponry, it flips backwards & forth. It is almost like one side keeps advancing its technology along the way.

It couldn’t be Russia & Putin tho, their military is old & outdated, I heard we could even kick their a$$ real quick with our military advantage that we are sending to Ukraine.

Hold on, if they have the advantage of all our high technology weaponry, why is this thing not over as quick as we would & could do it?

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
The same number you have of Russian flags.
lol yes, because that's obviously the only other alternative there could be for someone who doesn't suck Ukraine's balls and goes along with their corruption.

I mean, if we don't root for Duke then we must root for UNC, right?

Actually, he says a lot but it's usually pretty superficial. He said an EMP effect would not be created by this type nuke explosion. That is incorrect and isn't a technicality. Much of the gamma would have gone into the ground but not all of it. You're welcome to believe what you want but this was not a nuclear explosion.

I don't mind constructive criticism at all --- I welcome feedback and never take the approach of trying to 'win' a conversation

Recently someone on here (Dionysys? Can't recall) -- was talking about Russian propaganda and active efforts on US soil ......I thought they were just deflecting at first but I followed their links and used other sources and learned a thing or two about certain operatives appearing publicly as the head of both "Left" and "Right" wing organizations

So I'm not trying to be superficial because I'm avoiding content or discussion --
It's two things:

1) I have a bad habit of getting too wordy (you've noticed - and HELPED with that recently)
2) Up until last month I've been an active member of the MIC with a security clearance and assigned to pgm's with classified designations

So - to be clear -- I've NEVER posted anything here that was classified or proprietary or otherwise restricted

But I have tried to kickstart conversations on certain topics to share interesting information with a certain population of people that I freaking love --- Kentuckians / UK fans

This is the only website I post on and although I've resigned from a certain position and the industry. as a whole -- I DO still hold a clearance for 2 more years & have to be careful about some details --

I try hard to be clear on any post where I'm speaking about an opinion or theory vs a conviction or fact

My experience with nuclear weapons stems from 2 tours of duty in Air Force Space command (Nebraska and California) -- my AFSC wasn't specifically associated with nuclear weapons BUT I got to sit next to officers who bore the '13S XXX' AFSC and had spent time down in ICBM silos --

So you get to ask questions and get t know ppl - all while learning about how the squadron you're in does its job

Later with --private contractors --- I learned a LOT more about certain weapon pgm's---- again -- those are periods where you learn the specifics of your job but also travel with / eat with and drink with HIGHLY SKILLED patent carrying engineers who know even more

Speaking of EMP - at one point I learned that Boeing was developing a cruise missile (initially dubbed "black magic") that was designed to penetrate target airspace and release an EMP effect without a kenetic detonation -- not sure if that went into production or not ........

probably best they just focus on their commercial aircraft right?

:)

Last edited:
No, it's an escalation on the Ukraine side. I don't believe it will lead to a nuclear escalation from the Russians.

An escalation on one side of a hot war isn't an escalation to the conflict at large?
What do you think they're going there to do?

That hardware is being sent to --- >> Fight --->> right?

Defend/attack -- irrrespective of whether we believe the fight is right .....
and regardless of HOW they fight ....
the intent is to have that hardware added to the fight that's happening - blow shit up

Why are they supposedly needed?
Take pictures of them and show the Russians and scare them away?
New civil transportation options?

They are there to fight -- fight who?
Fight the Russians right?

It's an escalation and not the first -

.....the outcome of that escalation remains to be seen

I won't chase you on this one -- but calling this a 'one sided escalation' makes no sense

BUT - the exchange IS helpful

This is a good example of a conversation where you get a chance to test the intellectual honesty of the person you're speaking with ---- that's why I've responded 3 times

So you remain convinced that this is NOT an escalation of the military conflict in Ukraine right?

Let’s see.. Ukraine is winning & advancing but they need more!

But now Russia is winning, they need more!

It’s like as we send more advanced weaponry, it flips backwards & forth. It is almost like one side keeps advancing its technology along the way.

It couldn’t be Russia & Putin tho, their military is old & outdated, I heard we could even kick their a$$ real quick with our military advantage that we are sending to Ukraine.

Hold on, if they have the advantage of all our high technology weaponry, why is this thing not over as quick as we would & could do it?
Air power.

lol yes, because that's obviously the only other alternative there could be for someone who doesn't suck Ukraine's balls and goes along with their corruption.

I mean, if we don't root for Duke then we must root for UNC, right?
I answered your inane question in kind.

An escalation on one side of a hot war isn't an escalation to the conflict at large?
What do you think they're going there to do?

That hardware is being sent to --- >> Fight --->> right?

Defend/attack -- irrrespective of whether we believe the fight is right .....
and regardless of HOW they fight ....
the intent is to have that hardware added to the fight that's happening - blow shit up

Why are they supposedly needed?
Take pictures of them and show the Russians and scare them away?
New civil transportation options?

They are there to fight -- fight who?
Fight the Russians right?

It's an escalation and not the first -

.....the outcome of that escalation remains to be seen

I won't chase you on this one -- but calling this a 'one sided escalation' makes no sense

BUT - the exchange IS helpful

This is a good example of a conversation where you get a chance to test the intellectual honesty of the person you're speaking with ---- that's why I've responded 3 times

So you remain convinced that this is NOT an escalation of the military conflict in Ukraine right?
That isn't what I meant. I have a bad habit of not fully expressing my thought because I know what I'm thinking so everyone else should...nope. I simply meant that I don't think Ukraine's escalation will lead to a nuclear escalation by Russia. Russia may escalate as well, if they can, but it won't go that far. Not in my opinion.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Air power.

Exactly.. Great Point.. With things escalating & intensifying, at some point desperate times can become even more desperate.

We sure wouldn’t to start sending that kind of weaponry over there with a chance of it falling into the hands of a notorious arms dealer in the region & area that we released to be there in the first place?

So, if it comes to that point or reaches that point, are we going to be the air power ourselves?

If we know what’s good for us we’ll let Putin have his way with Ukraine. He has those Soviet era ICBMs, after all, and he’s said over and over that he’ll use them if he loses in Ukraine.

If anyone remembers 1991 after the USSR collapsed - they QUICKLY moved to settle an agreement with Ukraine

The infamous "Black Sea Fleet' resided there and featured enough nuclear fire power to transform Ukraine into the worlds 5th largest nuclear weapons holder over night

Hence the agreement to allow RUS presence back into the country -

Not really going anywhere with that point -- it just felt congruent to your post ....and I'm a sucker for 'missile speak'

Every time I think about Soviet era nukes I think about their mobile launchers -- MAYBE they were the SS20's?
I know they caused a lot of sweeplress nights for our side

I ***THINK*** their YARS missile is the best example of a modern Russian ICBM --
Updated to feature MIRV capability whereas our Minuteman IIIs no longer do
The YARS is their SS29 IIRC and features 6-10 MF'ing independently targetable warheads - linked below

NATO Link About the SS20

Military Today - the YARS

I always wondered what would happen if we found intelligent life on another planet, but then found out that they enslaved and tortured each other. Would you libs want to declare war on Planet XZ-1421 and send a bunch of my tax dollars there too? What if you thought they helped get Trump get elected through a couple of tweets? I know the answer to the second part. Wink wink.

I always wondered what would happen if we found intelligent life on another planet, but then found out that they enslaved and tortured each other. Would you libs want to declare war on Planet XZ-1421 and send a bunch of my tax dollars there too? What if you thought they helped get Trump get elected through a couple of tweets? I know the answer to the second part. Wink wink.

Are the slaves on XZ-1421 cheaply hand digging rare elements they could send to power EVs? Open to being used as billionaire pleasure toys? If so, let’s just stay focused on funneling money to the MIC through a proxy war and not impose our culture on the migrants? Immigrants? What nonsensical term would they use for actual space aliens so as not to offend them?

Reactions: hmt5000
That isn't what I meant. I have a bad habit of not fully expressing my thought because I know what I'm thinking so everyone else should...nope. I simply meant that I don't think Ukraine's escalation will lead to a nuclear escalation by Russia. Russia may escalate as well, if they can, but it won't go that far. Not in my opinion.

There ya go
And I hear you - the internet isn't a perfect medium for exchage

and I agree with what you said above

TECHNICALLY - an escalation in available firepower that tips the balance to one side COULD de-escalate the fight itself (peace through deterrence right?)

In this case I don't think it will -- but we can safely agree to disagree and still hate the Florida Gators together

What part of GA are you from?
My in laws are fm there and I spent about 15 years between Atlanta and Dublin, GA

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Are the slaves on XZ-1421 cheaply hand digging rare elements they could send to power EVs? Open to being used as billionaire pleasure toys? If so, let’s just stay focused on funneling money to the MIC through a proxy war and not impose our culture on the migrants? Immigrants? What nonsensical term would they use for actual space aliens so as not to offend them?
What if XZ-1421 was 170 light years away? Would you send my tax dollars there as reparations because even though the slavery was happening 170 years ago, we're observing it now?

[laughing][laughing]
Made my day 34% better

Reactions: Bill Cosby
Exactly.. Great Point.. With things escalating & intensifying, at some point desperate times can become even more desperate.

We sure wouldn’t to start sending that kind of weaponry over there with a chance of it falling into the hands of a notorious arms dealer in the region & area that we released to be there in the first place?

So, if it comes to that point or reaches that point, are we going to be the air power ourselves?
I hope it doesn't reach that point. That would be out of control escalation and all bets would be off.

Reactions: 1_Cool_CAT
There ya go
And I hear you - the internet isn't a perfect medium for exchage

and I agree with what you said above

TECHNICALLY - an escalation in available firepower that tips the balance to one side COULD de-escalate the fight itself (peace through deterrence right?)

In this case I don't think it will -- but we can safely agree to disagree and still hate the Florida Gators together

What part of GA are you from?
My in laws are fm there and I spent about 15 years between Atlanta and Dublin, GA
I'm from Corbin, I live one county north of Savannah now. Corbin will always be home.

Maybe it’d sooth your psyche for you to think that your tax dollars are going to equipment for Ukraine but also to the multitudinous welfare programs for disabled fat people, stay-at-home single mothers, millions of illegal aliens, foreign aid to every craphole nation in the world like Tuvulu, and SSI for every lazy bum who chooses not to work and lives in the streets. Think that might distract you from the ache of aid to Ukraine. That aid pales in comparison to welfare in this nation.

Maybe it’d sooth your psyche for you to think that your tax dollars are going to equipment for Ukraine but also to the multitudinous welfare programs for disabled fat people, stay-at-home single mothers, millions of illegal aliens, foreign aid to every craphole nation in the world like Tuvulu, and SSI for every lazy bum who chooses not to work and lives in the streets. Think that might distract you from the ache of aid to Ukraine. That aid pales in comparison to welfare in this nation.

How many Ukrainians are going to cut checks to the IRS to repay the debt we’re piling on? None? Just my kids and grandkids?

Let’s cut all the waste and start by taking the foreign aid budget to zero and allowing the grifters to submit requests for funding.

Let's cut that too! And btw, a lot of the "aid" we're giving is going to Raytheon to build bombs to blow stuff up.

Reactions: hmt5000 and SDC888
How many Ukrainians are going to cut checks to the IRS to repay the debt we’re piling on? None? Just my kids and grandkids?

Let’s cut all the waste and start by taking the foreign aid budget to zero and allowing the grifters to submit requests for funding.
I’m for it but I would elevate welfare cuts above foreign aid in priority because it is much more. 60% of Americans receive welfare in some form, 51% would be in poverty without it, 47% don’t pay taxes, every alien gets a 5-year free ride when they come to this country (including food, shelter, transportation, phones, etc.), 20% of Kentuckians are “disabled” and get SSI and other aid, 50% of all children born in the US start out life on welfare in the form of WIC, and so on.

Vote farming has brought about the welfare/nanny state and it has grown into a monster. We are $31 trillion in debt and a whole lot of that money we owe China.

So when I hear complaints about aid to Ukraine I have to wonder how much the complainers know about the welfare spending crisis in this country. If they did, I think they’d be yelling a lot louder about it than about Ukraine.

So it’s understandable that the culture of the greatest country on earth would be appealing to the populaces of countries that are not the greatest.

Kind of like the prettiest girl in school. Some of the other girls dislike her but want to be like her at the same time.
No. It’s. Not. Countries take pride in their culture. It works for America because it’s multicultural. You’re assuming what people want and what’s best for them. My opinion of America isn’t shared by the people in other countries. You can’t apply high school psychology to geo politics or the social condition of a nation. Makes you look like an ignorant American that many countries despise. Countries absolutely hate those types of Americans who’s designs are to bend the culture to their way of thinking. Ticos here tolerate Americans because it brings money. They cannot stand it though when Americans suggest this or that based on their experience to change the culture. Even to add a sidewalk or fix a pothole. Or an American bitches because things don’t start on time, how you renew a drivers license, banking, etc,etc. They hate being told what they should do or how to do by Americans. And honestly when the ignorant American shows up to tell them how to do it it’s friggin embarrassing. I’ve seen it time and time again. When i travel I assimilate. I sit back and what the Americans be ridiculed by the locals for how they dress, their attitude, the way they organize.

Every country on earth has its own culture and want to keep it that way. Like I’ve said about you and bbga neither of you have traveled outside the USA much. You sit back in your chair and think the world wants your values. The fact is the usa and europe are the same people by in large. The rest of the world doesn’t want Euro/American values. Even in the USA many who move there from other countries hang on to their homeland identity for as long as they can before assimilation takes over.

It’s like the bedouins. The Egyptian government builds these apartment building for the bedouins. What do they do? They set their tents up next to the apartments and live there. They refuse the apartment. America is the biggest offender of imposing its will on others. Countries are sick of it. They don’t want multiculturalism they don’t want americanism. Get it through your thick skulls. It’s why there is war right now in Europe. It’s why China is on the verge of taking Taiwan. It’s why America is a perceived threat. Because America is coming to tell you how to do it. If China were on the move to impose its values which they think are the best for the world you would hate it.

Btw I was just reading this expat group fight going on fb. “Why don’t they announce when they are going to cut off the water for a couple hours, they do it in my neighborhood”. You should see the fight going on. Like I say you guys like some of the people in that chat have a very narrow worldview. Arrogant stuck up Americans that’s what the world thinks when they see this crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDC888
George Washington said that in the 1790's, in a very different world that was generally unstable. He was right at the time but the world has changed. Just look who our biggest ally is, Great Britain. Some things from that time period simply aren't applicable today.

To what degree should we "mind our own business"?
It’s only different because we didn’t heed his warnings. The two big drivers of American problems today. Politics that’s already led to one civil war and has created a massive fissure in todays America and our self proclaimed position as worlds police that has created antipathy toward America and swelled the debt by massive numbers. I guess you think the Monroe doctrine is out dated too. Or hell the constitution because as you say “the world is different”.

Reactions: hmt5000 and SDC888
For those actually interested in not just having a Facebook comment section red herring-filled slapfight, i found this interesting:

No. It’s. Not. Countries take pride in their culture. It works for America because it’s multicultural. You’re assuming what people want and what’s best for them. My opinion of America isn’t shared by the people in other countries. You can’t apply high school psychology to geo politics or the social condition of a nation. Makes you look like an ignorant American that many countries despise. Countries absolutely hate those types of Americans who’s designs are to bend the culture to their way of thinking. Ticos here tolerate Americans because it brings money. They cannot stand it though when Americans suggest this or that based on their experience to change the culture. Even to add a sidewalk or fix a pothole. Or an American bitches because things don’t start on time, how you renew a drivers license, banking, etc,etc. They hate being told what they should do or how to do by Americans. And honestly when the ignorant American shows up to tell them how to do it it’s friggin embarrassing. I’ve seen it time and time again. When i travel I assimilate. I sit back and what the Americans be ridiculed by the locals for how they dress, their attitude, the way they organize.

Every country on earth has its own culture and want to keep it that way. Like I’ve said about you and bbga neither of you have traveled outside the USA much. You sit back in your chair and think the world wants your values. The fact is the usa and europe are the same people by in large. The rest of the world doesn’t want Euro/American values. Even in the USA many who move there from other countries hang on to their homeland identity for as long as they can before assimilation takes over.

It’s like the bedouins. The Egyptian government builds these apartment building for the bedouins. What do they do? They set their tents up next to the apartments and live there. They refuse the apartment. America is the biggest offender of imposing its will on others. Countries are sick of it. They don’t want multiculturalism they don’t want americanism. Get it through your thick skulls. It’s why there is war right now in Europe. It’s why China is on the verge of taking Taiwan. It’s why America is a perceived threat. Because America is coming to tell you how to do it. If China were on the move to impose its values which they think are the best for the world you would hate it.

Btw I was just reading this expat group fight going on fb. “Why don’t they announce when they are going to cut off the water for a couple hours, they do it in my neighborhood”. You should see the fight going on. Like I say you guys like some of the people in that chat have a very narrow worldview. Arrogant stuck up Americans that’s what the world thinks when they see this crap.
I have done no such thing. The little I've been out of the country and my future plans involve their culture, not mine. Some things may confuse me, like, why wouldn't they want to fill a pothole, but I try my best to adjust to their culture. Show me where where I've said the world wants our values? If you're trying to twist my support for Ukraine into forcing our values on them you're mistaken. I'm for it because we are responding to a call for help.

BTW, you are simply awful in your superiority complex towards pretty much anything outside the US.

Reactions: Catemus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT