ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

ron-burgundy-escalated-quickly.gif

Reactions: Wildcats1st
No, he isn't. That's like saying the Polish or Lithuanian leaders are pro-Russian.

He's simply one of the few leaders with the integrity to call a spade a spade. Very encouraging to see for those who care about peace.

As usual, you're dead wrong. It takes 30 seconds to find dozens of his thinly veiled statements supporting Russia.

This one is interesting.

Reactions: vhcat70
It isn't a kill list. We went over this 6 months ago.
Haha.

As usual, you're dead wrong. It takes 30 seconds to find dozens of his thinly veiled statements supporting Russia.

This one is interesting.

Ofcourse you have links telling you what you already wanted to believe in the first place. All pro-war politicians are dead wrong: left/right/cent or Western/Ukranian/Russian.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
You're a fanatic. You started this new thread after causing the previous one to get nuked, and now your temper is out of control again. Why are you so hellbent on war, anyway? This isn't our deal.
All pro-war people have their "reasons." They aren't all the same, but none of them is that they genuinely care for the people of that forsaken region.

All pro-war people have their "reasons." They aren't all the same, but none of them is that they genuinely care for the people of that forsaken region.
They're Jingos. In fairness, Jingos can help build great powers like what happened here during the Mexican War Spanish American War. Jingos can also get a nation destroyed like what happened in France in 1970 and in Germany and Japan in 1945. They may yet cause a nuclear war as well.

What's interesting is that the same minority of conservatives what wet the bed over "Covid" tend to be the warmongers. Terrified of a glorified flu and fearless about Armageddon.

Hilarious.

Exactly. I never really got it, how people could go so crazy historically as they did in Germany WW2 and the Communist world, but I do now. The virus and this war is perspective into the human condition I never would've thought I'd live to see.

You're a fanatic. You started this new thread after causing the previous one to get nuked, and now your temper is out of control again. Why are you so hellbent on war, anyway? This isn't our deal.
Yes, it is most definitely our deal. We committed, along with Britain and Russia to aid Ukraine if they were invaded.

“On December 5, 1994 the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Britain, and the United States signed a memorandum to provide Ukraine with security assurances in connection with its accession to the NPT as a non-nuclear weapon state. The four parties signed the memorandum, containing a preamble and six paragraphs.”

Yes, it is most definitely our deal. We committed, along with Britain and Russia to aid Ukraine if they were invaded.

“On December 5, 1994 the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Britain, and the United States signed a memorandum to provide Ukraine with security assurances in connection with its accession to the NPT as a non-nuclear weapon state. The four parties signed the memorandum, containing a preamble and six paragraphs.”

It is most certainly not our deal. You are misinterpreting the language of that memorandum, which I've read in full. Our obligation is to refer it to the UN.

With that said, nothing prevents you from joining the foreigners fighting for the big Z. You go and show 'em, chief. I'll mind my business, if that's ok with you? If you like war, I submit you go join it.

Huh? Lol, where have I shown any temper, let alone "out of control". Thats laughable and it was actually warriorpoet who caused the last one to be nuked.

A fanatic? This is a huge global story with far reaching implications everywhere. It should be talked about.

Now, back to your lie about my temper, you should just apologize or leave the thread. Its you who are trying to create a fight. You won't get one, now run along.

Reactions: Catemus
It is most certainly not our deal. You are misinterpreting the language of that memorandum, which I've read in full. Our obligation is to refer it to the IN.

With that said, nothing prevents you from joining the foreigners fighting for the big Z. You go and show 'em, chief. I'll mind my business, if that's ok with you?
And nothing prevents you from emigrating to Russia which has the form of government you seem to admire. Just be mindful that once you get there you will probably be conscripted and sent immediately to the Donbas to fight for Putin.

Hey, if I go to fight for Ukraine and you emigrate to Russia, we might see each other there. Well, I might see you.

The US is supplying Ukraine with night vision technology and sophisticated drones. Russians don’t have that so I guess you won’t see me.

Haha.

Ofcourse you have links telling you what you already wanted to believe in the first place. All pro-war politicians are dead wrong: left/right/cent or Western/Ukranian/Russian.
He has supported Russia all the way. Interestingly, he mimics much of what you say. No wonder it annoys you when I show what he is, Pro-Russian.

Reactions: vhcat70 and Catemus
He has supported Russia all the way. Interestingly, he mimics much of what you say. No wonder it annoys you when I show what he is, Pro-Russian.

It doesn't annoy me one iota. I am fully aware that to you anti-war is pro-Russia; that's part and parcel to your worldview, evidences how little you understand.

It's proof-positive. I know you don't get it.
Obnoxiously wrong.

Your cognitive dissonance is showing.

They're Jingos. In fairness, Jingos can help build great powers like what happened here during the Mexican War Spanish American War. Jingos can also get a nation destroyed like what happened in France in 1970 and in Germany and Japan in 1945. They may yet cause a nuclear war as well.
You and your cabal are simply hilarious. A correctly defined “jingo” professes war against other countries in the name of patriotism. No one is saying it’s America’s patriotic duty to defeat Russia, which is seen as a regional threat rather than a direct threat to the United States. Haven’t even seen one poster in the old Ukraine thread even say that. By the properly defined definition, a lot of folks in Russia would be considered jingos.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
And nothing prevents you from emigrating to Russia which has the form of government you seem to admire. Just be mindful that once you get there you will probably be conscripted and sent immediately to the Donbas to fight for Putin.

Hey, if I go to fight for Ukraine and you emigrate to Russia, we might see each other there. Well, I might see you.

The US is supplying Ukraine with night vision technology and sophisticated drones. Russians don’t have that so I guess you won’t see me.
I have no more admiration of the Russian government than I do of the Ukrainian government. Both are less desirable than here. Neither are even close to the world's worst. I have no particular passion about either.

I have no interest in going to fight for Russia. As a matter of fact, I don't really give a rat's ass who ends up owning the Domb Ass. I just don't. You apparently do. So, why not get moving and you go and show 'em.

Reactions: SDC888
I have no more admiration of the Russian government than I do of the Ukrainian government. Both are less desirable than here. Neither are even close to the world's worst. I have no particular passion about either.

I have no interest in going to fight for Russia. As a matter of fact, I don't really give a rat's ass who ends up owning the Domb Ass. I just don't. You apparently do. So, why not get moving and you go and show 'em.

If they actually had to do any of the fighting, or sacrifice antyhing other than higher gas prices, their tune would change quickly.

And they project that reality on to you. That you must be fearful too, that you must be pro-Russia. There's no clearer sign they haven't a clue than their genuine belief that you are "pro-russia."

Reactions: WildcatofNati
BTW, can we get back to receiving daily or weekly war/peace updates or regional geopolitical updates in the Ukraine war? It would be nice to just receive updates instead of lengthy 4-paragraph rambling anti-American diatribes from Wildcats1st that consumes most of the page.

It is most certainly not our deal. You are misinterpreting the language of that memorandum, which I've read in full. Our obligation is to refer it to the UN.

With that said, nothing prevents you from joining the foreigners fighting for the big Z. You go and show 'em, chief. I'll mind my business, if that's ok with you? If you like war, I submit you go join it.
Russia vetoed the security council vote. So, what do suggest, the world just kick rocks because the invading force has the ability to veto any action? Is that really what you're saying? Rofl

BTW, can we get back to receiving daily or weekly war/peace updates or regional geopolitical updates in the Ukraine war? It would be nice to just receive updates instead of lengthy 4-paragraph rambling anti-American diatribes from Wildcats1st that consumes most of the page.
Good point, that would be better.

I'm from Corbin, I live one county north of Savannah now. Corbin will always be home.

I'm from Middlesboro - how about that
Only thing I used to do in Corbin growing up was travel there with the M'Boro Yellowjackets & get our asses kicked

You're near Brunswick then it sounds like -

Brandi introduced me to Jekyl Island years ago for vacation - went there 3 timers or so while living in ATL

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA

So why are you posting in a thread about the war in Ukraine? Just to have something to do, maybe?

Reactions: jameslee32
Trying to advocate against Armageddon, that's all. I'm a peacenik, if you will. I'm just trying to do my best for peace, humble as my efforts may be.
Well, that’s admirable. Too bad you don’t have the ear of Mr. Putin or his minion Mr. Pregozhin, however. They could really use a good talking to.

I'm from Middlesboro - how about that
Only thing I used to do in Corbin growing up was travel there with the M'Boro Yellowjackets & get our asses kicked

You're near Brunswick then it sounds like -

Brandi introduced me to Jekyl Island years ago for vacation - went there 3 timers or so while living in ATL
Had some fun times on Laurel Lake, fishing and boating. Corbinites are very possessive over their treasured lake, remember a couple of buddies from down there that referred to it as “OUR” lake and called us folks from Lex “damn northern Yankees” 😆

Reactions: CastleRubric
Yes, yes, you're too old.

That's part of it too, vicarious valor, the fetishization and romaticization of this needless war.

I don't think it's any coincidence whatsoever that a president from a country with recent memory ofwar, like posters in this thread who have actually servde in the military, think one was even in vietnam, are the only ones who are anti-war.

Trying to advocate against Armageddon, that's all. I'm a peacenik, if you will. I'm just trying to do my best for peace, humble as it may be.

I don't think there's any reasoning with them. They won't/wouldn't realize the magnitude of their error until it was too late, which I don't think everhappens thankfully. Nothing functionally happens/changes here except lots of money is made as lots of lives are lost and otherwise ruined; russia eventually wins the part of Ukraine they want, and they have to figure out some way to keep living next to each other relative harmony after more and more hatred is engendered.

It's that or we are sleep-walking our way into WW3, which the pro-war camp would post-hoc rationalize away as necessary like everything else they have to this point.

Hopefully they/we figure it out. This is absurd.

I’m for it but I would elevate welfare cuts above foreign aid in priority because it is much more. 60% of Americans receive welfare in some form, 51% would be in poverty without it, 47% don’t pay taxes, every alien gets a 5-year free ride when they come to this country (including food, shelter, transportation, phones, etc.), 20% of Kentuckians are “disabled” and get SSI and other aid, 50% of all children born in the US start out life on welfare in the form of WIC, and so on.

Vote farming has brought about the welfare/nanny state and it has grown into a monster. We are $31 trillion in debt and a whole lot of that money we owe China.

So when I hear complaints about aid to Ukraine I have to wonder how much the complainers know about the welfare spending crisis in this country. If they did, I think they’d be yelling a lot louder about it than about Ukraine.
The complainers know pretty well about our welfare crisis.

The bigger question is why half of Americans vote for the 31 trillion hole we’re in.

We’ll soon be paying a trillion dollars a year on the interest alone. The collapse will happen fast once we get to that point.

We should be combing federal spending with a fine tooth comb and removing everything that remotely smells like pork.

How can we worry about Ukrainian “democracy” when you just made clear that OUR republic is as weak as it has been since the the early 19th century.

No, he isn't. That's like saying the Polish or Lithuanian leaders are pro-Russian.

He's simply one of the few leaders with the integrity to call a spade a spade. Very encouraging to see for those who care about peace.

Don’t worry man if they aren’t all in with mainstream American media propaganda they are pro Russian. This is what you get from that crowd everything is black and white. I mean they can’t even understand why they don’t want to be Americanized.

He doesn’t admire their form of government he just respects their right to stay free of American influence something you believe everyone should adapt to. Let’s see guy who respects sovereignty vs guy who likes to impose values? You tell me which is right? Your views seem to verify the usa is the imperialist in all of this.

Had some fun times on Laurel Lake, fishing and boating. Corbinites are very possessive over their treasured lake, remember a couple of buddies from down there that referred to it as “OUR” lake and called us folks from Lex “damn northern Yankees” 😆

Man - I've NEVER been down to see Lake Cumberland or any of the hiking trails in that area
Growing up - I just didn't get up that way -- mostly down to Knoxville etc
I DID go fornicate with an ex-girfriend in Corbin while on leave once -- so THAT was cool

But (speaking of women I love and respect) - my wife really wants us to get down there and check it all out

Norris Lake in TN was always my spot when we hit the water locally
Still go there with my brother fairly often

I can't fish worth a damn though - pretty convinced ppl who have certain ways to become better fishers -- are a vast network of dirty lying whore-faces

[laughing]

You're always welcome to go help fight. Yes, yes, you're too old. Then go help with clerical work. That will still be appreciated. Or, don't go- you just leave me out, you read me?
You're an oddball, thats for sure. I never included you. We live in a Republic. Our representatives are doing this. If you don't like it, tell them to leave you out. Read me?

That's part of it too, vicarious valor, the fetishization and romaticization of this needless war.

I don't think it's any coincidence whatsoever that a president from a country with recent memory ofwar, like posters in this thread who have actually servde in the military, think one was even in vietnam, are the only ones who are anti-war.

I don't think there's any reasoning with them. They won't/wouldn't realize the magnitude of their error until it was too late, which I don't think everhappens thankfully. Nothing functionally happens/changes here except lots of money is made as lots of lives are lost and otherwise ruined; russia eventually wins the part of Ukraine they want, and they have to figure out some way to keep living next to each other relative harmony after more and more hatred is engendered.

It's that or we are sleep-walking our way into WW3, which the pro-war camp would post-hoc rationalize away as necessary like everything else they have to this point.

Hopefully they/we figure it out. This is absurd.
Everyone, almost, is anti-war. However we don't live in a utopia and sometimes war is an unnecessary evil. You guys don't care what happens to Ukraine. You think its better that they concede, become part of Russia and you can sleep better at night.

And what if what you want isn't what they want. What if they'd rather die than become part of Russia? What then?

Very good to see the reference to 'jingoism'

I remember the 'traditional left' in this nation pointing out that the Bush Admin used this approach a lot (they were right)

Eric Blair (aka "George Orwell") wrote quite a bit about the relationship between language and thought

"Demotic Speech" is the formal term for what we call jingoism

I've linked 2 eases from him on this topic - his approach and the content aren't aligned towards any political angle that a reasonable person would reject

Hope its useful / interesting to some

Orwell Foundation - Demotic Speech

Propaganda & Demotic Speech

Everyone, almost, is anti-war. However we don't live in a utopia and sometimes war is an unnecessary evil. You guys don't care what happens to Ukraine. You think its better that they concede, become part of Russia and you can sleep better at night.

And what if what you want isn't what they want. What if they'd rather die than beco.e part of Russia? What then?

Agree that sometimes war IS unavoidable and even necessary

Doesn't it seem like we have a large population of politicians that are almost ALWAYS eager for (others) to go though?

On that topic as well -- NO politician should be able to trade shares/play the Stockmarket while in office

There have been a fair amount of our politicians (both major parties) making shrewd (BUY LOCKHEED!!!!) stock decisions in the near term leading up to some of our 'recent conflicts'

Reactions: hmt5000 and SDC888
ADVERTISEMENT