ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

I am still wondering why people in Amererica would risk thermonuclear war for any country in the Eastern bloc? Especially Ukraine. Yeah, it sucks that this is happening, but do you really think that Russia is trying to take over Europe?

Don't worry, bro. You've got this!

I’m not leaving anything buddy. You bring the propoganda like that article. The only thing promised is 14 tanks from Germany the rest is speculation except for the abrams which are a year away.

If you don’t see an escalation to ww3 if you don’t see there is no off ramp at this point, if you don’t see nato direct involvement then you’re blind. Nato is directly involved! There’s no argument. You’re statement they are sending 80 tanks is proof enough. It really is that simple. Because 4-5 guys on a message forum think this thing isn’t headed to ww3 doesn’t mean squat man. I think everyone else sees where it’s going but don’t want to get into it with your vocal minority.

This time last year I was arguing with your same clown crew whether Russia would invade or not. You guys thought they wouldn’t. It was “saber rattling” by Putin. Now we are a year in and a quarter of a million dead on both sides and you think I’m wrong bc ww3 didn’t start overnight. Don’t worry man it’s trending heavily towards all out nato v Russia. Thinking otherwise is dangerous.
Bwahahaha, that isn't whats promised. You're a riot.

Reactions: CastleRubric
I am still wondering why people in Amererica would risk thermonuclear war for any country in the Eastern bloc? Especially Ukraine. Yeah, it sucks that this is happening, but do you really think that Russia is trying to take over Europe?
There is zero risk of nuclear war. Good grief.

Yeah, mistake in my opinion. Should not provoke the Bear in such a manner.

However, training Ukrainian troops on M1 tanks will probably require a few months. Having said that, M1's can make a helluva difference on the battlefield.

Also wonder if this move might be a ruse?

Ok, so let's continue our discussion outside the politics thread. Let's do our best to keep it within the rules this time. Me included.

Has anyone seen the various video clips of film crews working in Ukraine -- apparently filming "war stuff" - simulated responses to
shelling and the like?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcats1st
Nearly zero if that makes you feel better.

removed the lengthy text again--

I 100% believe tactical nuclear weapons HAVE been used in recent conflicts but the public is not aware of it - and low yield weapons would be easy to escape major media attention when detonated (Yemen was one)

Last edited:
Giving up and letting Russia take a country, unprovoked, is a much greater risk to that. Putin thrives on being enabled man.

Honestly ask yourself - who has toppled and
taken over (or attempted) more sovereign governments ?

Specifically since the end of the CW

Russia
or
The Western Powers?

Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Tunisia, attempts in Syria , Iran - others

Expansion of military alliances and
forward deployed military hardware from NATO
nations -- into the former Eastern Block

And the usurping of
national bank of systems + cultural institutions

Thats all been George Soros themed Anglo-Israeli-US (now pitiful NATO jumping in) -- not
Russia

Can't you see how this
appears as a threat to the Russians?

I won't include mentioning crossing cultural red lines here - but we have

Russia has a legitimately centered concern and
cause for pushing back

We have NO REASON to fight them however
And we're not equipped to win that fight either

Its tragic how its all unfolding

Yes, I have no issue with the Russian people.
The only issue I have with them is their conditioning to be ruled. Their culture seems to desire rulers rather than leaders, someone to tell them what to do. They don’t have much interest in politics at the man-on-the-street level, assigning that responsibility to those in power.

Reactions: 1_Cool_CAT
The only issue I have with them is their conditioning to be ruled. Their culture seems to desire rulers rather than leaders, someone to tell them what to do. They don’t have much interest in politics at the man-on-the-street level, assigning that responsibility to those in power.
Long term culture

Honestly ask yourself - who has toppled and
taken over (or attempted) more sovereign governments ?

Specifically since the end of the CW

Russia
or
The Western Powers?

Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Tunisia, attempts in Syria , Iran - others

Expansion of military alliances and
forward deployed military hardware from NATO
nations -- into the former Eastern Block

And the usurping of
national bank of systems + cultural institutions

Thats all been George Soros themed Anglo-Israeli-US (now pitiful NATO jumping in) -- not
Russia

Can't you see how this
appears as a threat to the Russians?

I won't include mentioning crossing cultural red lines here - but we have

Russia has a legitimately centered concern and
cause for pushing back

We have NO REASON to fight them however
And we're not equipped to win that fight either

Its tragic how its all unfolding
I don't agree with your overall assessment. In fact, it's wrong. What do you mean we aren't equipped to win that fight? Russia can't beat Ukraine or Ohio for that matter. What are you talking about?

Our Atlas (or was it Jupiter?) IRBMs (intermediate range nuclear missiles fm the 50-60s) -- used to go online armed when there were ground lightning strikes in Turkey --

DEFCON 2 was attained once during the
Cold War as I recall _ during the
cuban missile crisis as soviet ships were steamed towards our
naval blockade

Soviet ships had the green light to use tactical nuclear weapon to eliminate our navajo assets - decision was granted to theater officers

i don't believe we've ever been back to DEFCON 2 since - not even 9/11

one of my former employers received a
major contract - well after the
end of the CW - to revitalize NORAD / Cheyenne Mountain etc

Finally - I 100% believe tactical nuclear weapons HAVE been used in recent conflicts but the public is not aware of it - and low yield weapons would be easy to escape major media attention when detonated (Yemen was one)
Do you have a shred of evidence of that use?

Has anyone seen the various video clips of film crews working in Ukraine -- apparently filming "war stuff" - simulated responses to
shelling and the like?

Thoughts?

Also -
anyone else heard that the German foreign minister declared war on
Russia recently?

haven't fact checked that myself but
noticed an article
You're falling for Russian propaganda.

I don't agree with your overall assessment. In fact, it's wrong. What do you mean we aren't equipped to win that fight? Russia can't beat Ukraine or Ohio for that matter. What are you talking about?

Edited my lengthy post as it was a space eater

What would be our military goal in Ukraine?

Last edited:
There is zero risk of nuclear war. Good grief.

Hope you're right

Tactical nuclear weapons (and "micro nukes") are seen as a viable option in certain cases because of the limited blast yield and
collateral damage - also plausible deniability on having actually used them

Wish we could put the genie back in the
bottle and just magically make them ALL disappear fm the planet but - that ain't realistic

It would take a serious industrial level of cluster-fk for us to get into a situation where there's a strategic exchange of ICBMs -

Hopefully - NATO / The West stand back and honor Russias original offer of utilizing the Minsk agreement as a basis for dialogue and an end to hostilities -

It makes sense that the Slavic people within that region of the world should be the ones to manage the negotiations and terms for settlement

News surfacing tonight of possible Israeli strikes within Iran - sources are Arab news outlets - lets see how that looks in the morning

Last edited:
Hope you're right

Tactical nuclear weapons are seen as a
viable option in certain cases because of the limited blast yield and
collateral damage

I THINK President Trump even made a comment about having that grade of technology as an
option is good because it specifically enables us to use that higher level of bunker penetration / industrial target elimination?
Depends on who employs. I'd wager if a tactical nuke is released, Ivan will be the first.

I also believe USA working hard as hell via back-channel to prevent such a release.

Reactions: CastleRubric
It’s impossible to take you seriously with statements like this.

The word escalation is in our language for a reason.
Yes, I rephrased it later. There is very little risk. Since no one is directly attacking Russia, all they have to do is leave Ukraine - which they will whether they want to or not - and that is why there is very little risk of this going nuclear.

You do realize the way this will end, right? It will end with the assassination of Putin. I figured that would come before Christmas but I was wrong. It will happen though. His inner circle isn't going to continue with this much longer. Their wealth and power is at stake and they will do whatever is necessary to preserve it.

Reactions: Catemus
Depends on who employs. I'd wager if a tactical nuke is released, Ivan will be the first.

I also believe USA working hard as hell via back-channel to prevent such a release.
I also think that we know the precise locations of all their missile silos as well as their mobile launch capabilities and submarines. If it comes down to an exchange of nukes, I think we could stop most or all of their missiles before they could reach their targets here.

I’m less confident that Europe could defend themselves from a Russian nuclear attack simply because of their close proximity. We would have more reaction time than Europeans would. Still, I think most of the Russian missiles would be shot down.

Russia’s claim of having hypersonic missiles is misleading, I think. True, they have them but they are not ramjet types which can launch low and stay low. They have to ascend to a high altitude and then glide to their targets. That presents a vulnerable window to intercept them before they achieve hypersonic speeds.

We, on the other hand, do have scramjets that can launch low and achieve hypersonic speeds without having to launch high and then glide.

Yes, I rephrased it later. There is very little risk. Since no one is directly attacking Russia, all they have to do is leave Ukraine - which they will whether they want to or not - and that is why there is very little risk of this going nuclear.

You do realize the way this will end, right? It will end with the assassination of Putin. I figured that would come before Christmas but I was wrong. It will happen though. His inner circle isn't going to continue with this much longer. Their wealth and power is at stake and they will do whatever is necessary to preserve it.
An assasination of Putin won’t end it, it will escalate it. There isn’t some democratic voice of reason waiting in the wings. The guys lined up to fill Putin’s shoes are hardliners far more so than Putin. And you’re right they will do what they have to in order to preserve it which means deployment of tactical nukes. Russia is all in buddy and you don’t want to see it. They aren’t going to lose the way you think. In the end they may lose, hell everyone may lose.

I also think the previous analysis is correct. I don’t remember the op for it but Russia turns to the strong man. They tried democracy and power was seized by an autocrat. You know what. They liked it.

An assasination of Putin won’t end it, it will escalate it. There isn’t some democratic voice of reason waiting in the wings. The guys lined up to fill Putin’s shoes are hardliners far more so than Putin. And you’re right they will do what they have to in order to preserve it which means deployment of tactical nukes. Russia is all in buddy and you don’t want to see it. They aren’t going to lose the way you think. In the end they may lose, hell everyone may lose.

I also think the previous analysis is correct. I don’t remember the op for it but Russia turns to the strong man. They tried democracy and power was seized by an autocrat. You know what. They liked it.
“They tried democracy and power was seized by an autocrat. You know what. They liked it.”

Regrettably this seems to be true about the Russian culture. All the more reason that that rogue society be contained.

Reactions: 1_Cool_CAT
“They tried democracy and power was seized by an autocrat. You know what. They liked it.”

Regrettably this seems to be true about the Russian culture. All the more reason that that rogue society be contained.
That’s the direct threat they perceive to their czarist culture. That’s why this won’t end well because they look at the west as imposing its values. Our politicians make these comments all the time so the Russian leaders do view it as an existential threat. This isn’t Iraq with an inocuos military we can steamroll and not worry about their delivery systems to the USA. Anyone thinking the usa can take out enough of Russias nuclear capabilities to prevent the leveling of America are delusional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT