ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

Perhaps or perhaps Russia runs out of their neo-nazi mercenaries and old men. Large numbers of poorly trained, poorly equipped and unmotivated "fighters" is a recipe for a blood bath all right.
That’s not who’s being sent in this new mobilization. You may want to become educated what you discuss. Read the Russian shill NYT article I linked. If you don’t see there is a major shift occurring then you are not an honest person. fFs the NYT is telling you there has been a major shift and Russia is 2 weeks away from sending another wave of 300000 on different fronts.

Rubble - waste or rough fragments of stone, brick, concrete, etc., especially as the debris from the demolition of buildings.
Example: "two buildings collapsed, trapping scores of people in the rubble.”

Seems appropriate as a nickname for Russian currency that has been reduced to debris in the world market.
It would be more appropriate if you didn’t pretend that everybody who disagreed with you was a Putin supporter.

Yeah, well the fact remains that an unprovoked Russia invaded the sovereign nation of Ukraine and occupies its eastern provinces. Russia is headed by a dictator who wants to “get the band back together” and play the USSR anthem.
How does stating the obvious help anything?

How are we encouraging a blood bath? The combatants are Russia and Ukraine, with Russia being the initiator of the war.
We are supplying the means to prolong it. Please don’t pretend you don’t know that.

We SHOULD be forcing them to the table instead. Arming Ukraine after that point would make at least a little sense.

We’ve been saying since day 1 that Putin is a bad actor but that DOES NOT make this our war.
He’s admired as a great leader by many Americans, mostly alt right, I would say.

We’re part of the world and are honoring our commitment to Ukraine.

How are we encouraging a blood bath? The combatants are Russia and Ukraine, with Russia being the initiator of the war.
The blood bath involves Ukrainians as well. Civilian and military. End the bloodbath now zelensky go to the table. Maybe another 150000 dead Ukrainians before he realizes he can’t win? The war isn’t about how many Russians you can kill. It’s about keeping your country and sparing your people too.

Btw there is something far worse than appeasement. Fighting back with all you’ve got and in the end getting your ass handed to you. You don’t think that would embolden Putin and his ambitions?

We are supplying the means to prolong it. Please don’t pretend you don’t know that.

We SHOULD be forcing them to the table instead. Arming Ukraine after that point would make at least a little sense.
Forcing them to the table? To do what, make Ukraine let Russia have the provinces that it has occupied? Something else?
What’s to be gained by “forcing them to the table” at this stage of the war?

That’s not who’s being sent in this new mobilization. You may want to become educated what you discuss. Read the Russian shill NYT article I linked. If you don’t see there is a major shift occurring then you are not an honest person. fFs the NYT is telling you there has been a major shift and Russia is 2 weeks away from sending another wave of 300000 on different fronts.
I know and the sheer numbers are a problem. The other issues I listed still exist though.

Forcing them to the table? To do what, make Ukraine let Russia have the provinces that it has occupied? Something else?
Give them Donbas and in a few years they will just want more. They want Ukraine. They have made it clear and our anti-war at all cost friends on here just refuse to accept that.

Reactions: Catemus
Give them Donbas and in a few years they will just want more. They want Ukraine. They have made it clear and our anti-war at all cost friends on here just refuse to accept that.
Maybe so BUT if Ukraine really has moved past corruption they should be able to build a military to defend themselves and nato make it clear in any agreement they will do more to aid Ukraine if Russia attacks again. The problem Ukraine faces is now is the window to only give up Donbas. I think by the comments made today by the Wagner leader the aspiration is to go all the way to the dnipro river.

Maybe so BUT if Ukraine really has moved past corruption they should be able to build a military to defend themselves and nato make it clear in any agreement they will do more to aid Ukraine if Russia attacks again. The problem Ukraine faces is now is the window to only give up Donbas. I think by the comments made today by the Wagner leader the aspiration is to go all the way to the dnipro river.
Getting there and staying there, 2 very different things.

For starters, the bloodbath that was mentioned in the posts preceding that.

The greater gain will be in heading off the cascading negative effects that will surely happen the longer it goes on.

Losing reserve currency status ALONE will be catastrophic for us.

For starters, the bloodbath that was mentioned in the posts preceding that.

The greater gain will be in heading off the cascading negative effects that will surely happen the longer it goes on.

Losing reserve currency status ALONE will be catastrophic for us.
And just how does Vladimir Putin get forced to the table? Maybe by the record-breaking and continuing sanctions against him and his oligarch allies? Maybe by supplying Ukraine with advanced weapons to resist Putin’s land-grabbing invasion?

You would say?
I participate in discussions about the war on several sites. At the beginning of the war there was much more open support for Putin, but when Ukraine began kicking Russia’s butt the overall sentiment changed to, “I just don’t want my tax dollars going there. It’s not our war!”
LOL

Last edited:
And just how does Vladimir Putin get forced to the table? Maybe by the record-breaking and continuing sanctions against him and his oligarch allies? Maybe by supplying Ukraine with advanced weapons to resist Putin’s land-grabbing invasion?
Concessions from Ukraine, obviously. Unless you believe we should fight to the last Ukrainian.

I participate in discussions about the war on several sites. At the beginning of the war

I participate in discussions about the war on several sites. At the beginning of the war there was much more open support for Putin, but when Ukraine began kicking Russia’s butt the overall sentiment changed to, “I just don’t want my tax dollars going there. It’s not our war!”
LOL
It’s poor logic to assert than being against this war means being pro-Putin.

The reality is as it’s always been: it has nothing to do with our strategic interests.

We stand to lose more than we gain by prolonging it. If you can prove otherwise, have at it.

The reality is as it’s always been: it has nothing to do with our strategic interests.

We stand to lose more than we gain by prolonging it. If you can prove otherwise, have at it.
I’m not interested in proving anything to you. You seem interested only in talking to yourself, and your logic is circular.

It isn't up to us. Get that through your head, its up to Ukrainians who are 10x the man you are.
Wrong. It would have been over by now without our involvement.

I’ll leave your usual insults to the mods…other than to point out that it’s been a year and you aren’t in Ukraine.

I’m not interested in proving anything to you. You seem interested only in talking to yourself, and your logic is circular.
Nothing circular, friend. I’m asking YOU to show HOW the interests of the US will be at risk if there is a forced concession from Ukraine. This shouldn’t be too much to ask.

Good lord you're dense. Along with stabilizing the worlds food supply (vitally important to us), Ukraine has abundant energy reserves, rare earth reserves, titanium and much more.

Even you can figure out why that is important.

Wrong. It would have been over by now without our involvement.

I’ll leave your usual insults to the mods…other than to point out that it’s been a year and you aren’t in Ukraine.
No it wouldn’t have been over. You got that part wrong. “We” don’t decide anything other than if and how much to help. Ukraine fights because they feel they have no choice, as an imperial neighbor wants to erase their homeland. It really is as simple as that.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Nothing circular, friend. I’m asking YOU to show HOW the interests of the US will be at risk if there is a forced concession from Ukraine. This shouldn’t be too much to ask.
I’m not interested in answering your questions either. I don’t owe you a thing.

You’ve already decided everything and have your own thoughts as evidence that you’re right.

I’m not interested in answering your questions either. I don’t owe you a thing.

You’ve already decided everything and have your own thoughts as evidence that you’re right.
He spends most of his day hiding under a desk.

ADVERTISEMENT