ADVERTISEMENT

The transfer rule changes on Monday! Unlimited transfers

I'm not mistaken transfer portal college closes at the end of the month but if you want an international player you can take them anytime all the way through the summer am I correct?
I've heard Pope has international connections cuz of the Mormon loving.

I think the Robinson guy from byu has been at several schools but I’d take him in a heartbeat. Something happened with Mitchell, whether it be misuse or lost confidence.
Mitchell was hurt, he finally got healthy a bit toward the end and was actually one of the only performers in our tourney game. I think mainly he was misused because he crushed it as a small ball 5.

Hope we learned our lesson with Mitchell. We shouldn’t ever at UK have to resort to anybody that is a serial transferer.
Mitchell was a big positive until he got hurt and he and Antonio were the only ones that showed in the tourney debacle.

What is that we were supposed to be learning?

So pretty much anything goes now with college athletics. Someone remind me again the reason for the existence of the NCAA.
Oh they’re on their way out. I’ve been saying this since the formation of the super conferences. The NCAA doesn’t do anything for football and all they do is throw a cool tournament for basketball. That’s it.

This just might play Into THE POPE assignment we have a road scholar for a coach and you're going to have to sort this mess out that's now college sport too win and win big the more I here this the more I like our hire you need a need to lead and we got one THE POPE

You cannot play for what’s on the front of the jersey until you find one you like !! 😎

Hope we learned our lesson with Mitchell. We shouldn’t ever at UK have to resort to anybody that is a serial transferer.

Now a cereal transferer, that's a horse of a different color....

vrMDNO.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Anyone surprised that the NCAA went in the exact opposite direction they should have gone?

I know it won't be easy, but they have to figure out a way to slow down the transfers, put onus on the players, and allow coaches to properly construct rosters..

Problem is that the NCAA couldn't do anything. The courts keep intervening and shutting down their rules. Only way that it seems it'll be fixed is a collective bargaining agreement with players, which means unionization. And that step doesn't happen until there's a super league of schools. And at that point forget anything remotedly resembling the college game we grew up with. It'll be like the XFL or USFL or G-League.

I'm just waiting until a player tries to transfer mid-season. Academically that probably can't happen but I want to see someone try and have the courts grant some b.s. injunction just to make things more laughable.

What's also sad are cases of some of these guys transferring 4-5 times and not getting a degree because their credits don't transfer well to different institutions. Such a waste of not getting a degree when your talent is giving you a free education as other Americans take on debt to get theirs. Great example of letting "the system" use you rather than the other way around.

The college game is nothing more than free agency at its best. We might as well get used to it because that's the way it's gonna be moving forward. Players can change teams at will with no strings attached with free scholarships.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Anyone surprised that the NCAA went in the exact opposite direction they should have gone?

I know it won't be easy, but they have to figure out a way to slow down the transfers, put onus on the players, and allow coaches to properly construct rosters..
I don't know the rules well enough to say what can and can't be done but it seems logical that NIL could be tied to longer term "contracts" for the players along with performance incentives, both on the court and in the class room.

Maybe 2 year deals..or even 4, but with incentives as well as buyouts etc, similar to pro athlete contracts. NIL should also be contingent on performing in class as well.

What I'm thinking is similar to a multi year scholarship CONTRACT, where both sides have obligations to perform and I like incentives for performing well, too.

I don't like where any of this appears to be heading but it is what it is and we have to play within the rules and do it better than others to succeed. I also think we are currently way behind other programs in terms of being a leader in the NIL era. I blame Cal as well as Barnhart for this...and the boosters. While they were having a power struggle, aka pissing match for the last few years, the program is now paying the price for it.

I hope we hire a dedicated NIL administrator that knows the rules, processes and intent from maybe the NCAA...someone that has been involved in NIL from day one at the NCAA. Maybe someone who has dealt with these issues in the pros, too, in the front office of a nba or other pro team. Bottom line, people with expertise in paying players. We have a lot of ground to make up in this area, I think and I think the programs that work the NIL best will be very successful.

Starting on Monday it looks like you can transfer as much as you want but just not in the middle of the year.
This means there should be another huge influx of players that were stuck because they couldn't transfer that second time without sitting out.
Starting on Tuesday I guess?

This would be good news for say somebody that's looking to build a team.......
I thought this was the case already honestly. So, the transfer portal is going to get MORE ridiculous and not less ridiculous? Greeeaaaatttt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT