ADVERTISEMENT

The Office

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
NBC's been saying that it's going to reboot the American version of The Office for years now, but I reckon it just made it official.

To sum up my thoughts on that -- considering the zeitgeist, it's gonna be interesting to see how well it's allowed to stick to the style of the previous iteration. XD

NBC's been saying that it's going to reboot the American version of The Office for years now, but I reckon it just made it official.

To sum up my thoughts on that -- considering the zeitgeist, it's gonna be interesting to see how well it's allowed to stick to the style of the previous iteration. XD
Hopefully it's better than what I have watched of the Justified reboot since I am obviously a fan.

Reactions: GeraldV
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Stay Calm The Office GIF

You can get by with a lot more on cable channels than you can networks like CBS, NBC, etc.
Zero chance CBS, NBC and ABC would do this. The sitcoms out there now are so dumb and trying way to hard to fit the narrative of the people that cant laugh at anything thats funny without being a sensitive b****.

Office and Seinfeld are two shows that would not make it now. Its a shame.

I went to a friends house for supper after he had gotten remarried later in life. The entire meal he and his new wife called each other babe. Aside from the choking hazard, I was dying inside waiting for his new plasma TV to have a Dundy thrown through it. How's your steak babe? Just like I like it babe! Sorry my house flooded and I need to go...but you live on a hill. Parnold Schporzenegger. Katie Holmes.

Last edited:
So? It's being shown. Unless you can't afford cable or streaming, you can still watch. Why care if it's not on any of the networks?.
I'm just saying they can get by with things on cable they couldn't with a new show on NBC. They won't allow the f-bomb on CBS but drop it every 30 seconds on Paramount.

Reactions: WTF Cat
I'm just saying they can get by with things on cable they couldn't with a new show on NBC. They won't allow the f-bomb on CBS but drop it every 30 seconds on Paramount.
I understand that. I just don't know why anyone would care if the networks won't air it.

I understand that. I just don't know why anyone would care if the networks won't air it.
Not everyone can afford or want channels like Comedy Central, etc what it runs on right now. Some cant watch the show b/c its too insensitive to a select few.

Not everyone can afford or want channels like Comedy Central, etc what it runs on right now. Some cant watch the show b/c its too insensitive to a select few.
Well, it's been included in every streaming platform or cable system I've had since it first came on the air. Love that they air The Office and Parks & Rec. It never gets old watching the reruns.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Angela's engaged to a gay man. As a gay man, I'm horrified. As a friend of Angela's, horrified. As a lover of elegant weddings, I'm a little excited.
Maybe my favorite short clip of the entire series was when Oscar had done something that would be considered illegal and was worried he might go to prison. In a panic, Oscar said..."I can't go to prison"....and Kevin gave that sneaky smile, raised those eyebrows like he does and said..."you'd probably like prison"...

Maybe my favorite short clip of the entire series was when Oscar had done something that would be considered illegal and was worried he might go to prison. In a panic, Oscar said..."I can't go to prison"....and Kevin gave that sneaky smile, raised those eyebrows like he does and said..."you'd probably like prison"...
Michael: It is a colonoscopy.
Oscar: Okay.
Michael: In your experience, what should I be expecting, in terms of sensation. Or, emotions. Is there anything I can do to make it more pleasurable for me or for Dr. Shandri? My main concern is should I have a safe word?

Michael picks up Japanese waitress and has to mark her arm. Hilarious. But today, nope.

Because people are stupid and don't realize the joke is that Michael Scott is an idiot. The person that played the waitress complained a decade later that she wouldn't have done it if she'd known it would be a joke. She said it was a hurtful Asian stereotype. Then she was in a show called "Kung Fu Bitches" which I'm sure was 100% authentic and they had historians on set making sure everything was proper.

Because people are stupid and don't realize the joke is that Michael Scott is an idiot. The person that played the waitress complained a decade later that she wouldn't have done it if she'd known it would be a joke. She said it was a hurtful Asian stereotype. Then she was in a show called "Kung Fu Bitches" which I'm sure was 100% authentic and they had historians on set making sure everything was proper.
Problem is Michael hits on Cindy who is much hotter, but takes a lesser waitress back with him. They kind of goofed not going into more detail with that. Still almost my favorite. Dwight telling Cindy how to butcher a Goose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT