ADVERTISEMENT

The Office

Way too soon. It's bad enough there are no original ideas but to reboot something so recent is just pathetic.

Comedy is just basically dead for the next little bit until the social pendulum swings back a bit

jim-dwight.gif

It's hard to imagine being able to make The Office in today's world. For starters you have the recent fake-outcry from the actors in the Benihana Christmas, several main actors saying how they could never make this again, etc etc.

There's a reason why the comedy genre has basically went extinct back in the mid 2010s. No one wants to go through the hassle and trouble of trying to make a true adult comedy.

As for the original, it's simply perfect. I don't know any show that I can leave on on the background indefinitely, the way I do The Office. There's enough characters and character development to keep you entertained long after seeing the same episode for the 100th time.

It's hard to imagine being able to make The Office in today's world. For starters you have the recent fake-outcry from the actors in the Benihana Christmas, several main actors saying how they could never make this again, etc etc.

There's a reason why the comedy genre has basically went extinct back in the mid 2010s. No one wants to go through the hassle and trouble of trying to make a true adult comedy.

As for the original, it's simply perfect. I don't know any show that I can leave on on the background indefinitely, the way I do The Office. There's enough characters and character development to keep you entertained long after seeing the same episode for the 100th time.

100% agreed.

If they did a spin off with some returning characters I would give it a chance. Some 100% new character reboot is a no. The Office is perfection and should not be messed with.

I'll just wait around for seasons 7 through 9 of superfans and hope they do a blue ray release for that 9a season version.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
I don't love remakes (especially a remake of a remake), but the American Office was SO good, it's worth watching just to see how they pay homage to it at times, bring in past actors, etc.

I agree it’s impossible to re-create something that was so well done and only sets it up for dissapointment.

That IS what they said about the American remake.. and I'd say that's now far surpasses the British version, right? I feel like the american version is as close to a perfect show as you can get, and I remember being a hater of it when it first aired.

But yeah, I just dont know how they will navigate today's sensitive climate. So many jokes couldn't be done today.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
That IS what they said about the American remake.. and I'd say that's now far surpasses the British version, right? I feel like the american version is as close to a perfect show as you can get, and I remember being a hater of it when it first aired.

But yeah, I just dont know how they will navigate today's sensitive climate. So many jokes couldn't be done today.
That may have been true but not near as many people had watched the British version of the office so the American version was new to a vast majority of people. Now nearly everyone anticipating if there’s a remake has seen the nbc version.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
That may have been true but not near as many people had watched the British version of the office so the American version was new to a vast majority of people. Now nearly everyone anticipating if there’s a remake has seen the nbc version.

Thats true. It is funny to me though, that at one point the Brithish version was untouchable, and the American version was going to bomb. Even the actors and writers were skeptical it would work..

And here we are, with the American version not only being better, but is actually one of the greatest comedy of all time. It was damn near perfect save for a season or two that weren't quite at the level as previous season.

Reactions: Wesley91581
I never watched it until syndication. What I watch is choppy at best as far as season continuity goes, but this show is extremely funny. I'm sure I'm missing inside jokes and stuff but I'll still watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT