ADVERTISEMENT

The Natty

CatFanOverseas

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2016
Played out as I suspect many of us expected. Defensive battle between Mich and Bama, and an offensive battle between Washington and Texas. Gotta give credit to Washington's defense though. They dominated that game (Texas penalties didn't help). Snap problems and bad O line play hurt Bama. Should be a fun game to win it all. All-in-all though, turns out the committee got it right for once. Fun night of semi-finals

If Washington's O Line can semi handle Michigan's D Line and blitz I agree. I am taking The Huskies and the points

Penix does well at picking up the blitz and getting passes out quickly. Michigan will have its hands full trying to contain him and Odunze.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Wait, didn't Michigan have a turnover that led to Bama's first score, a missed extra point because of a bad snap, a bad punt that gave Bama a short field that led to a TD, a botched trick play that killed a drive and led to a missed field goal, and a moronic decision to field a punt on the 4, only to fumble it and pick it up on the one? That sure was a lot of lucky breaks that went their way.

Michigan overcame a lot to win that game. Bama didn't give it to them. Michigan earned it. Should be a great game with Washington. There aren't any 'lucky' teams in the Title game.

Great games last night. If nothing else, it proved to me that, this year, there was no clearly superior team and everyone else was playing for second. All 4 teams (and Georgia plus perhaps a few others) have their warts and could win or lose vs the others on any given day. The past two years, Georgia was clearly just better than everyone else.

Washington will give MI fits as they will score points. If MI plays clean, they should win but I don't think 20 points is nearly enough. MI will need to score 27+, imo.

I expect an exciting game next Monday. Thank goodness I live in MST so I don't have to stay up late to watch the conclusion.

Michigan has that lame team of destiny thing going on and seemed to get every lucky break last night when needed. No way I'm picking Washington.

This. It sure feels that way. First piece of it was milroe and bama playing their best game of the year to beat a wounded Georgia team. If Georgia wins that game, they come into the playoffs pretty healthy and win this thing.

The second and crazier sign was that huge late game conversion by Michigan where the QB pass was tipped but it didn't even effect the ball at all. Not only did it not change the trajectory, it didn't even slightly effect the spiral. Not sure how that's even possible but it happened.

Washington won't be able to handle the Michigan run game. Michigan might not throw a pass all second half again. Washington will need to score every possession to make a game of it. Penix might be able to do just that because dude is incredible

Last edited:
Penix is way better than I thought, How did Indiana sign him to begin with??

Both games went down to the last play. Which means the committee got it right.

Bama QB tripped over his own guy or else I think he could have punched it in. Some folks aren't pleased with the play call from the OC, but Milroe is the guy who's got to have the ball in that situation.

Sark is here, and Texas is back. Been a long time coming for both. Sark's been one of the best coaches, recruiters and offensive minds in the game since he was an assistant at SC.

Will be interesting to see what the ratings are for playoffs overall and championship game.

On paper it was kind of the perfect playoff. West coast team, Midwest team, Southeast power, Texas...covered essentially every market and demographic.

Ready somewhere Washington had trouble selling their ticket allotments, but who knows. Looked and sounded like a full house to me.

Reactions: CatFanOverseas
Rough day for the SEC. Bama gets beat and then a future SEC team gets beat by a future B10 team.

Bama QB tripped over his own guy or else I think he could have punched it in. Some folks aren't pleased with the play call from the OC, but Milroe is the guy who's got to have the ball in that situation.

Sark is here, and Texas is back. Been a long time coming for both. Sark's been one of the best coaches, recruiters and offensive minds in the game since he was an assistant at SC.

Will be interesting to see what the ratings are for playoffs overall and championship game.

On paper it was kind of the perfect playoff. West coast team, Midwest team, Southeast power, Texas...covered essentially every market and demographic.

Ready somewhere Washington had trouble selling their ticket allotments, but who knows. Looked and sounded like a full house to me.

Think they said 68,000, a capacity crowd, more Texas for sure though

I was at the game, definitely a larger contingent of Texas fans, there was a lot of burnt orange on the Washington side. Even walking the streets you could see Texas fans significantly outnumbered Washington.

Rough day for the SEC. Bama gets beat and then a future SEC team gets beat by a future B10 team.
Don't think people realize the playoff was set up for an all Big 10 final.

But here we are. Get used to it. TV money talks loud and clear, and the Big 10 has passed the SEC in a big way.

Don't think people realize the playoff was set up for an all Big 10 final.
LOL, yeah, sure it was, both games were fixed. Just like the 2020 election was rigged. Probably by the same people! 🤣🤣🤣

LOL, yeah, sure it was, both games were fixed. Just like the 2020 election was rigged. Probably by the same people! 🤣🤣🤣
Not the point of my post at all. Big 10 teams were seeded in opposite brackets to set up the possibility of an all Big 10 final.

And here we are.

And you need to get over the 2020 election. Biden has been president for 3 years.

This is a sports board. Take that political BS to the other board.

Not sure how the committee set it up for 2 B10 teams to play each other. MI was #1 and WA was #2 due to both being unbeaten. TX beat AL so they were #3, leaving AL at #4. Very logical seeding. How was that 'set up' for B10 teams to play each other?

Not sure how the committee set it up for 2 B10 teams to play each other. MI was #1 and WA was #2 due to both being unbeaten. TX beat AL so they were #3, leaving AL at #4. Very logical seeding. How was that 'set up' for B10 teams to play each other?
Missed the point of my post entirely. Seeding not "set up" as something nefarious.

But the way the teams were seeded with Mich 1 and Wash 2 "set up" the possibility of an all B10 final game.

If Bama and Texas had won, then the seeding made it possible for an all SEC final.

My statement was I'm not sure everyone recognized that possibility based on conference realignment for next year.

SEC and Big 10 money will weigh heavily on 12 team playoff going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT