ADVERTISEMENT

THE MASTERS

Just moved to the ESPN+ option that's showing 4, 5 and 6 so as to watch Koepka and Rahm.

Tomorrow at Augusta is dry, but it's going to be cold and very windy so whoever wins this week can be very proud.

Tiger about to go to +7 after spinning a short one back into the water on 13. You KNOW he wants to withdrawal tomorrow and it wouldn't be shocking with the conditions tomorrow.

Completely asinine they are playing in this mess. This is nothing but pure ego for the pretentious Augusta asshats.

Reactions: Tskware
Tiger about to go to +7 after spinning a short one back into the water on 13. You KNOW he wants to withdrawal tomorrow and it wouldn't be shocking with the conditions tomorrow.
I always thought Tiger owned 16 but he splashed it while looking like he just doesn't care.

It irritates me to see Tiger stumbling around. I wish he would either be healthy and play or stay home and heal. It is insulting to the other players to have Tiger out there acting like he can't even walk. Just stay home if you're hurting, Tiger. The tournament will be fine and let's let another able bodied player have a shot.

I'd also like to see The Masters modify the lifetime pass thing. If you miss 3 straight cuts then you're off the list. We don't need to see Larry Mize until he's 90.

Hard to root for Brooks but he really seems like a whole new Brooks. A calmness of some kind I don't usually associate with him. I'm sure at some point he'll become the unbearable "Majors Whisperer" again, but he seems to be in the zone. Most of us wrote him off when we saw how batshit crazy his wife and life were in that golf reality show. He looked like a trainwreck in that.

Hard to root for Brooks but he really seems like a whole new Brooks. A calmness of some kind I don't usually associate with him. I'm sure at some point he'll become the unbearable "Majors Whisperer" again, but he seems to be in the zone. Most of us wrote him off when we saw how batshit crazy his wife and life were in that golf reality show. He looked like a trainwreck in that.
Not for me, dudes a stud and an absolute mental assassin. Plus, he played golf at FSU

I couldn't be paid to watch that. So is Jenna Simms crazy?

Reactions: LOL_Man
Let’s go Brooks Koepka!

His cameo was pretty good as this was a sweet commerical.

Koepka up by 4. He looks solid and has a very complete game without any abvious holes in it. I think he wins tomorrow, even with john rahmbo on his heels

Pretty cool Tiger tied another record. The conditions are just too awful for him to play well today.

In my opinion he’s been a so so to bad wet weather player most of his career. Add cold, ridiculous wetness, one of the hardest walks on tour plus a soggy walk, there’s no way he can score.

Give him a hard fast golf course and 80 plus degrees he can at least get around.

Sad to see him like this.

Reactions: parrott
Dress code seems to have relaxed at The Masters as there's a couple of wild print shirts out there this morning. No idea what Kokrak has on.

I see McClean has faded already.
I don’t like that some of these guys are out there in old Nike basketball shoes. Looks like shit. They don’t even have spikes . Whatever huh?

Go Brooks Go!! Would love to see the madness that would ensue. Could you imagine if a LIV guy won all 4 majors 😂😂
Would be fantastic after Monohan and Rory trying to act like they are holier than thou all last year.
Guarantee Jay has some dark skeletons. Can tell just by looking at him.
Go Brooks go. Really? What are you, 8? I hope to God no Liv player wins it, especially that prick Koepka.

Go Brooks go. Really? What are you, 8? I hope to God no Liv player wins it, especially that prick Koepka.
Stud Brooksie is probably gonna win. I’m going to enjoy it. Kids a throw back, hard working baseball type. Very refreshing

If Tiger never had the car wreck he wins another major and breaks the all time wins mark. If he had stayed healthy like Phil has and not had the 08 scandal he would have shattered Jack’s record and would still be a Top 10 player at 47. After seeing what his leg really looks like it’s a miracle he can even walk let alone play Golf now.

Reactions: cawoodsct
If Tiger never had the car wreck he wins another major and breaks the all time wins mark. If he had stayed healthy like Phil has and not had the 08 scandal he would have shattered Jack’s record and would still be a Top 10 player at 47. After seeing what his leg really looks like it’s a miracle he can even walk let alone play Golf now.
Lots of ifs….what if Jack had not had 5 kids or come in second in majors 20 times. Jack was a badazz. Better than tiger off the tee by a long shot.

Reactions: Dirt Sammich
Jack and Tiger. Jack more majors, Tiger more wins.

Nicklaus and I were watching Tiger play on TV," Tom says. "I can't remember where it was. I think it was at the Senior Skins Game. So we were in Hawaii. I said, 'Bear, he's the best, isn't he?' Jack said, 'Yeah, he's the best.'"

Jack and Tiger. Jack more majors, Tiger more wins.

Nicklaus and I were watching Tiger play on TV," Tom says. "I can't remember where it was. I think it was at the Senior Skins Game. So we were in Hawaii. I said, 'Bear, he's the best, isn't he?' Jack said, 'Yeah, he's the best.'"
That’s what a gentlemen would say.

Jack’s length and accuracy off the tee would be hard for Tiger.

I'd also like to see The Masters modify the lifetime pass thing. If you miss 3 straight cuts then you're off the list. We don't need to see Larry Mize until he's 90.

Mize, Langer, and Lyles are playing their last Masters this year.

No major still has lifetime exemptions for ex-champions. The US Open always had only a 10 year exemption for winners. The Open age limit is now 60. The PGA and Masters set 65 years old as the cutoff.

The Masters does allow ANY ex-champion, regardless of age, to return for practice rounds, the Champions Dinner, and the Par 3 Contest. I'm OK with seeing the old guys. It's part of the tradition. 65 is about right. Couples (63) made the cut this year. Watson damn near won The Open at age 59 and followed it up with a T18 finish at the Masters the following year when he was 60.

Reactions: LOL_Man
Mize, Langer, and Lyles are playing their last Masters this year.

No major still has lifetime exemptions for ex-champions. The US Open always had only a 10 year exemption for winners. The Open age limit is now 60. The PGA and Masters set 65 years old as the cutoff.

The Masters does allow ANY ex-champion, regardless of age, to return for practice rounds, the Champions Dinner, and the Par 3 Contest. I'm OK with seeing the old guys. It's part of the tradition. 65 is about right. Couples (63) made the cut this year. Watson damn near won The Open at age 59 and followed it up with a T18 finish at the Masters the following year when he was 60.
I agree with you on every single point except that for the actual Masters I only want to see the best players in the world play, This continued sprinkling of players that have no shot dilutes the field. Sure, you have Freddy making the cut but there was no chance on earth he was actually going to win.

Tiger limping around like he can't walk and Freddy looking like he's 9 months pregnant is NOT a selling point for golf nor the full advertisement The Masters can deliver.

Also, Augusta National is the best selling point golf has. The Masters is golf's most prestigious event and maybe the most prestigious in all of sport so I'd like to see the players dress like it. They were a bunch of wild print shirts out there this year and it is disheartening to me to see the players that act like they don't understand the amount of work that goes into making Augusta National look like it does. I think somebody needs to remind the players about the importance of the Masters being different and maybe dress accordingly out of respect.

Reactions: CondorCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT