ADVERTISEMENT

*****"The List" aka "Why Kentucky is the #1 program of all-time"*****

bttt.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Captain Queeg:

Originally posted by new era cat:

Originally posted by reignof cats:

Committee just said that Kentucky would be the overall #1 seed no matter what. That makes 12 times being ranked #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. GBB
While that statistic cannot be listed as of yet, Kentucky now does now hold the overall longest winning streak for all SEC teams, past or present, and that can be added to "The List." In fact, that particular category has already been added near the bottom (in the "Kentucky Basketball cumlative all time statistics" section) of the Wikipedia Kentucky Wildcats Men's College basketball page. To the creator of this thread, take a look at the statistics section (aka "The List") at the bottom of the Wiki page, as several other categories have also been updated as well. Thanks for your hard work and help.

Go Big Blue!. More accomplishments to be added to "The List" tomorrow!

This post was edited on 3/14 11:23 PM by Captain Queeg
Am I missing something?
Well, technically, UK did actually break it's own SEC record (and also it's personal record) for an overall win streak today. Plus, that particular category was not listed on the Wikipedia version of "The List" (which is where this transferred version is updated from), but now it is, along with other things. Go Big Blue! Let's all eat us a Bar-B-Q pork sandwich tomorrow!

In short, no other SEC team (past or present) has ever won 33 straight games. Hope this helps.

This post was edited on 3/15 12:39 AM by Captain Queeg
On wiki.....

"league best 46 SEC Regular Season Championships, a league best all time SEC Tournament record of 124-25 (.832),[2] and a league best 28 SEC Tournament"

needs to be 48 SEC Regular Season Championships, and 29 SEC Tournament Championships.

Originally posted by UKCaliCats27:

Originally posted by new era cat:

Originally posted by reignof cats:

Committee just said that Kentucky would be the overall #1 seed no matter what. That makes 12 times being ranked #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. GBB
While that statistic cannot be listed as of yet, Kentucky now does now hold the overall longest winning streak for all SEC teams, past or present, and that can be added to "The List." In fact, that particular category has already been added near the bottom (in the "Kentucky Basketball cumlative all time statistics" section) of the Wikipedia Kentucky Wildcats Men's College basketball page. To the creator of this thread, take a look at the statistics section (aka "The List") at the bottom of the Wiki page, as several other categories have also been updated as well. Thanks for your hard work and help.

Go Big Blue!. More accomplishments to be added to "The List" tomorrow!

This post was edited on 3/14 11:23 PM by Captain Queeg
Am I missing something?
Well, technically, UK did actually break it's own SEC record (and also it's personal record) for an overall win streak today. Plus, that particular category was not listed on the Wikipedia version of "The List" (which is where this transferred version is updated from), but now it is, along with other things. Go Big Blue! Let's all eat us a Bar-B-Q pork sandwich tomorrow!

In short, no other SEC team (past or present) has ever won 33 straight games. Hope this helps.

This post was edited on 3/15 12:39 AM by Captain Queeg
On wiki.....

"league best 46 SEC Regular Season Championships, a league best all time SEC Tournament record of 124-25 (.832), and a league best 28 SEC Tournament Championships."

needs to be 48 SEC Regular Season Championships, and 29 SEC Tournament Championships.
Nope, not correct. UK has 46 SEC Regular Season Conference Championships, and 2 other Regular Season Conference Championships from the Southern Conference (in 1926 and 1932). There was no SEC before the 1933 season. That makes a total of 48, but only 46 of them while UK was in the SEC.

Further, your other stat is also incorrect. UK has 28 SEC Tournament Championships, and 1 SIAA Conference Tournament Championship in 1921. That makes a total of 29, but only 28 of them while UK was in the SEC.

You need to correct this. Thank you.

This post was edited on 3/17 2:47 AM by Captain Queeg

There have been more updates today on "The List", and should be added here. First, UK's all time AP Poll numbers, including total weeks ranked in the top-20/25, top-15, top-10, top-5, and at #1 have been updated. Further, UK finished for the 10th time ranked at #1 today in the season final AP Poll today. This category was also updated.

In addition, a small addition was added to one of the bottom sub-categories of "The List." It's regarding UK be only one of 2 SEC teams in history to go 21-0 for an entire SEC season (18-0 record in the SEC Regular Season, plus a 3-0 record in the SEC Tournament).

OP, take a look at the UK Wiki page (as always) and you will see these new updates. Thank you again for your hard work in keeping "The List" accurate and updated on here. Go Big Blue!

(By the way, more categories will be added to "The List" within the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for them on the bottom of the UK Wiki page.

This post was edited on 3/17 3:22 AM by Captain Queeg

One more change needs to be added:

UK now has a SEC school record of 35 straight victories, not 34. This statistic will go up with every consectutive UK win, by the way.

Once again, thanks for keeping "The List" updated. Go Big Blue!

Bumping "The List" because I needed info for a Facebook fight and I knew where to get the info.

OP,

"The List" has now been completely updated at the bottom of the Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball Wikipedia page. It now can be completely updated here. Sorry for me being a bit late in doing this. Was at work until very late last night.

By the way, a new category has been added to the NCAA records section. That section now lists UK's current 36-0 record as the best start in NCAA history for a team in any season. Simply take a look and you will see it.

Once again, thanks for your help on this.

This post was edited on 3/22 7:49 AM by Captain Queeg

I think "Only team to start a season 36-0 should be on the list. We hope that number grows to 40. But it is already a unique distinction.

OP, and yes, this is nitpicking, but there needs to be a space between the 36-0 section (after the 38-win reference) and a comma in the bottom section. Take a look and you will see what I mean. Look at the NCAA records section at the bottom, and you will catch it.

In short, I thank you once again for what you have transferred and updated here. "The List" is legendary.

This post was edited on 3/24 7:27 PM by Captain Queeg

OP,

"The List" has now been completely updated on the bottom of the Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball Wikipedia page (as always.) It is now ready to be updated on here. I think the only things you have missed are Kentucky's updated all time winning percentage against AP-ranked opponents and Kentucky's all time average of victories per season played.

Once again, thanks for your help on this.

This post was edited on 3/27 9:50 AM by Captain Queeg

OP, time to completely update "The List." I have already done it on Wikipedia. Look at my above post for things you need to update.

Thank you, and Go Big Blue!

Look for more updates tonight, in the following weeks, and in the following months. Most of the categories will be updated, and a few more will be added.

Thanks for all you do. Go Big Blue!

Kentucky's all time winning percentage against AP-ranked opponents should be .615, not .614. This should be corrected and will be updated again later tonight.

This post was edited on 3/28 12:50 PM by Captain Queeg

11 players named NCAA Regional Most Outstanding Player a total of 12 times

12 players named NCAA Regional Most Outstanding Player a total of 13 times

Who got this?

I just don't who.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by UKCaliCats27:

It's Gameday!!!

Hopefully more update's after the game tonight.

3dgrin.r191677.gif
"The List" has now been completely updated at the bottom of the Wikipedia Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball page. It is now ready to be completely updated here.

However, I can't find if any Kentucky players were named to the All-Regional team or named Regional MOP. Does anyone know this? I will update this stat once I can confirm.

OP,

"The List" has now been 100% updated on the Wikipedia Kentucky Men's Basketball page. This most recent update now includes the addition of 3 UK players on an All-Regional Team, and the addition one UK player being named the MOP of an NCAA Regional. Look closely at the bottom section.

Hope this helps, and thanks for all your hard work on this. It's much appreciated. Remember, accuracy is the key, as is constant research and updates. May "The List" live on forever.

Go Big Blue!

(More updates and additional categories will be coming next week, so keep an eye out.)

OP,

Since Willie was a First Team Consensus All-American, those stats need to changed as well. UK how has 20 total players named First Team Consensus All-American (which still ranks 2nd all time in NCAA history), and 25 total First Team Consensus All-American Selections with 25 (which now moves UK up to #2 all time in this NCAA category).

Further, your listing of UK's rank in total categories should also be changed.

It should now read:

(Of the 71 major categories listed above, Kentucky is #1 in 50 of them, #2 in 16 of them, #3 in 3 of them, #4 in 1 of them, and #8 in 1 of them.)

Thanks for your help in keeping "The List" updated and accurate on here. Once again, you can refer to the bottom section of the Wikipedia Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball page if you need any verification or questions about new statistical updates.

This post was edited on 3/31 8:15 AM by Captain Queeg

OP,

Since Willie was a First Team Consensus All-American, those stats need to changed as well. UK how has 20 total players named First Team Consensus All-American (which still ranks 2nd all time in NCAA history), and 25 total First Team Consensus All-American Selections with 25 (which now moves UK up to #2 all time in this NCAA category).

Further, your listing of UK's rank in total categories should also be changed.

It should now read:

(Of the 71 major categories listed above, Kentucky is #1 in 50 of them, #2 in 16 of them, #3 in 3 of them, #4 in 1 of them, and #8 in 1 of them.)

Thanks for your help in keeping "The List" updated and accurate on here. Once again, you can refer to the bottom section of the Wikipedia Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball page if you need any verification or questions about new statistical updates.

This post was edited on 3/31 8:15 AM by Captain Queeg
Bump for OP.

Coach Cal was also named National Coach of the Year by the NABC today, so that particular statistic (in the middle section) needs to be changed as well (should now be 6 coaches chosen 14 times).

This post was edited on 3/31 2:17 PM by Captain Queeg

Captain or OP,

Who is ahead of us in these 2 categories?

1 NCAA Final 4 Win %? We are ranked 8th.
2 Ncaa Tournament win %? We are ranked 4th.

TIA, I cant find this info anywhere. GBB

Kentucky (and I just caught it today) is now 4th in NCAA Tournament Winning Percentage. The teams that are ahead of us in this category are Duke, UCLA, and Florida. We passed UNC this year.

Further, in NCAA Tournament Final Four Winning Percentage, the teams ahead of us are are UConn, North Carolina State, San Francisco, UCLA, Indiana, Holy Cross, and LaSalle.

This all came from the NCAA Men's Basketball Division I Records Books, including the NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four Records Book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT