ADVERTISEMENT

*****"The List" aka "Why Kentucky is the #1 program of all-time"*****

Foul out record?

Because we use ten players, are we setting a record for the fewest players to foul out in a season?

I do not think we have had more than ten disqualification in our first 16 games. Does anybody know what the record is for a season in D1?

Originally posted by MdWIldcat55:
With the Alabama win, Kentucky is assured a winning season, adding to its record in that category, and in 'non-losing seasons.' (If Kentucky lost all 14 remaining regular season games, went 0-1 in the SEC tournament, then 0-1 in the CBI, the Cats would finish 17-16.)

This post was edited on 1/20 3:42 PM by MdWIldcat55
95 total winning seasons puts us in a tie with KU.
98 total non losing seasons again puts us in a tie with KU.
2 more ranking adjustments to #1 ( if only temporary). Ku cant lose that many big 12 games can they?

GBB

Originally posted by UKCaliCats27:

bump
UK Cali, the statement:

"Kentucky plays in the nation's largest basketball arena (Rupp Arena, capacity: 23,500), and has both the nation's largest radio and television affiliate networks."

Should that be changed "...... and television affiliate networks until the creation of the SEC Network". I don't think we have a TV networks as of this year.

Originally posted by Bert Higginbotha:

bump
UK Cali, the statement:

"Kentucky plays in the nation's largest basketball arena (Rupp Arena, capacity: 23,500), and has both the nation's largest radio and television affiliate networks."

Should that be changed "...... and television affiliate networks until the creation of the SEC Network". I don't think we have a TV networks as of this year.
Not sure,but the SEC network is pretty large though.

Originally posted by Bert Higginbotha:

bump
UK Cali, the statement:

Not sure,but the SEC network is pretty large though.
Last year IMG or something like that carried all the UK games that were not picked up by ESPN, FOX, CBS et.al. This year all those games are now on SEC Network.

I suggest that there is no more UK Basketball Network.

Any way the SEC Network is fantastic and is better; however, I would bet the deal going to the SEC Network included an agreement that SEC was required to carry all the UK games.

OK...maybe I'm just being a little dense here:

NCAA Final Four Appearances: 16 (NCAA rank #3)
NCAA Final Four Games Played: 28 (NCAA rank #3)
NCAA Final Four Wins: 20 (NCAA rank #2)

==================================================================
Can someone explain the above records to me? How can you play 28 final four games if you only appear in 16 of them? Are they counting the championship games as part of the final four?

Then how can we have 20 final four wins if we are only in 16 final fours? Unless we are again counting the championship games that follow. How many final four games did we lose and to whom? I believe UCONN is the only one I can recall...when we had Jorts and Knight. I'm sure there were others. Just wondering if anyone knows the answer. I'm not doubting the above numbers...I just wanted to verify so if some hater were to call these stats into question...I could explain it.

Originally posted by SLONER67:

OK...maybe I'm just being a little dense here:

NCAA Final Four Appearances: 16 (NCAA rank #3)
NCAA Final Four Games Played: 28 (NCAA rank #3)
NCAA Final Four Wins: 20 (NCAA rank #2)

==================================================================
Can someone explain the above records to me? How can you play 28 final four games if you only appear in 16 of them? Are they counting the championship games as part of the final four?

Then how can we have 20 final four wins if we are only in 16 final fours? Unless we are again counting the championship games that follow. How many final four games did we lose and to whom? I believe UCONN is the only one I can recall...when we had Jorts and Knight. I'm sure there were others. Just wondering if anyone knows the answer. I'm not doubting the above numbers...I just wanted to verify so if some hater were to call these stats into question...I could explain it.
67- UK has appeared in the championship game 12 times and won it 8 = 16 + 4 = 20 wins
Games played goes like this:

won it 8 times = 16
4 times ncaa runner up = 8
4 times losing in the FF semi =4 16+8+4 =28
UCla has the most wins in the FF (25). Ucla has 17 ff apperances, unc cheat has 18. IDK who has played more ff games than us probably the cheats and ucla. Could be Duke they used to play the 3 rd place game if you lost in the semi's. forgot when they stopped playing the consolation game. GBB
This post was edited on 2/3 3:42 PM by reignof cats

Man, I love this list.

I've read it several times but somehow missed the 7! Helms titles. I knew we had several but didn't know it was 7! More ammunition for when idiotic UL and KU fans use the ol' "NCAA championships haven't always been the biggest championship, so then we have almost as many" line.

Great win tonight = a bump back to the top.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

One correction: Kentucky lost the attendance title this year to Syracuse. Syracuse's final average home attendance was 23,854, and Kentucky's final average home attendance was 23,572. This would make the updated stats about attendance titles to Kentucky winning 17 of the last 20, and 8 of the last 10.

Those crap early season games when we only got around 22,000 in Rupp did in our chances for winning the attendance title this year, just as it did last season.

A few more corrections to reflect UK's SEC Awards today:

(1) UK now has 7 head coaches named SEC Coach-of-the-Year a total of 22 times.

(2) UK now has 138 players named All-Conference a total of 231 times.

(3) UK now has 7 players named Conference Freshman-of-the-Year.

(4) By the way, there is a new category to add to "The List,", as this particular category has not been added until today.

This new category is:

31 Players named to the All-Conference Freshman Team. (This listing should be listed near the middle, in the sub-category section.)

Simply look to the bottom of the Kentucky Wildcat Men's Basketball page on Wikipedia for any verification of these changes (or any changes). These recent changes are 100% accurate as of today and also listed in the proper order.

Thank you for all your updating and hard work on this. I must now go to my cabin and roll steel balls in my hands until I can go to sleep. Mr. Maryk has the Conn. Mr. Keith is the Officer of the Deck. Good night.

This post was edited on 3/11 1:34 PM by Captain Queeg

Committee just said that Kentucky would be the overall #1 seed no matter what. That makes 12 times being ranked #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. GBB

Originally posted by reignof cats:

Committee just said that Kentucky would be the overall #1 seed no matter what. That makes 12 times being ranked #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. GBB
That is not an official stat as of now, so it can't be listed until it is.

This post was edited on 3/14 11:21 PM by Captain Queeg

While that statistic cannot be listed as of yet, Kentucky now does now hold the overall longest winning streak for all SEC teams, past or present, and that can be added to "The List." In fact, that particular category has already been added near the bottom (in the "Kentucky Basketball cumlative all time statistics" section) of the Wikipedia Kentucky Wildcats Men's College basketball page. To the creator of this thread, take a look at the statistics section (aka "The List") at the bottom of the Wiki page, as several other categories have also been updated as well. Thanks for your hard work and help.

Go Big Blue!. More accomplishments to be added to "The List" tomorrow!

This post was edited on 3/14 11:23 PM by Captain Queeg

Originally posted by Captain Queeg:

While that statistic cannot be listed as of yet, Kentucky now does now hold the overall longest winning streak for all SEC teams, past or present, and that can be added to "The List." In fact, that particular category has already been added near the bottom (in the "Kentucky Basketball cumlative all time statistics" section) of the Wikipedia Kentucky Wildcats Men's College basketball page. To the creator of this thread, take a look at the statistics section (aka "The List") at the bottom of the Wiki page, as several other categories have also been updated as well. Thanks for your hard work and help.

Am I missing something?

Originally posted by new era cat:
Originally posted by Captain Queeg:

Am I missing something?
Well, technically, UK did actually break it's own SEC record (and also it's personal record) for an overall win streak today. Plus, that particular category was not listed on the Wikipedia version of "The List" (which is where this transferred version is updated from), but now it is, along with other things. Go Big Blue! Let's all eat us a Bar-B-Q pork sandwich tomorrow!

In short, no other SEC team (past or present) has ever won 33 straight games. Hope this helps.

This post was edited on 3/15 12:39 AM by Captain Queeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT