ADVERTISEMENT

The jokes about rivals thread

What did the UT Cheerleader say to her boyfriend during sex?

“Daddy get off me you’re crushing my cigarettes”
Cracking Up Lol GIF

How can you tell if a UT fan is married?
There is dried chewing tobacco on both sides of his pickup truck

Why did OJ Simpson move to Knoxville?
Everyone has the same DNA.
Lol, all these jokes have been retold to other SEC fans. Like the Vol fans who make fun of Kentucky coal miners. But they literally have a coal mining exhibit or something on campus.

Lol, all these jokes have been retold to other SEC fans. Like the Vol fans who make fun of Kentucky coal miners. But they literally have a coal mining exhibit or something on campus.
I don’t mind a good hick joke as we’re all from the South or near South so it’s basically “family” picking on each other. If a Yank does that well them’s fighting words.

But UT morons insulting people who keeps people’s lights on pisses me off. Half I’ve heard heard this in person because, well I’m not a man of violence, but I’d feel the need to do something about that. Those people work their ass off and risk their life to help other people survive.

I get no occupation is off limits but that one should be.

It's so hilarious to me how eager people who live in Glass Houses are to throw stones. Me? Wouldn't be caught dead doing that. But I live in a normal house with walls that aren't fragile.

I don’t mind a good hick joke as we’re all from the South or near South so it’s basically “family” picking on each other. If a Yank does that well them’s fighting words.

But UT morons insulting people who keeps people’s lights on pisses me off. Half I’ve heard heard this in person because, well I’m not a man of violence, but I’d feel the need to do something about that. Those people work their ass off and risk their life to help other people survive.

I get no occupation is off limits but that one should be.
I was confused about your near south comment. Then I remembered we let in Missouri. I still forget about them lol.

Yes except I’ve lived in both and have family in both and I can 100% say there is a difference in East Tennessee people and everyone else. As we’ve talked about before (I never forgo an opportunity) East Tennessee people are unique and strange in their own right. I realize lines are imaginary but I’ve had enough experience to know it might be in the water.

West Tennessee people are “middle of nowhere” people they get a little different too. I’d say middle Tennessee people resemble “Kentucky” people to me. Just mo.

Just look at the fanbases. Nothing is worse than Tennessee and that’s not just our opinion, it’s the entire SEC opinion. Always voted the worst. Look at how they act. UK fans don’t act that way. They are different.

Last edited:
I was confused about your near south comment. Then I remembered we let in Missouri. I still forget about them lol.

Aaaaaand you keep forgetting about southeast Missouri which is more southern than most parts of Kentucky. Go to Hayti sometime, it’s more redneck than Knoxville by miles. Sikeston has more Fords with confederate flags than most places in Alabama. Much of Missouri is easily more southern than some parts of Kentucky. For real, you can split their state into northern Missouri ( midwesterners) and southern Missouri (southerners).

Just sayin, we can still brag we stayed regional because of it. Now once we bring in North Carolina, eehhh. I know we might could stretch it and claim history there, but I’d say we are 100% not regional when they join. Bring in Virginia; it’s official. Although, there is a case to be made historically for them too, nothing is southern about Virginia. They had an awesome state until they decided….

At least we’re not bringing in California teams, yet.

Last edited:
It's so hilarious to me how eager people who live in Glass Houses are to throw stones. Me? Wouldn't be caught dead doing that. But I live in a normal house with walls that aren't fragile.
Lol. Dude, we are just having some fun laughing at jokes. No one really means anything by it. Meanwhile, you are literally pulling out the humble brag like a douche. You're the one with a problem and don't even realize. That's actually funnier than any of the jokes. Thanks!

Lol. Dude, we are just having some fun laughing at jokes. No one really means anything by it. Meanwhile, you are literally pulling out the humble brag like a douche. You're the one with a problem and don't even realize. That's actually funnier than any of the jokes. Thanks!

Yea tough to have some fun around here these days. Sht I laugh at myself more than anyone.

Aaaaaand you keep forgetting about southeast Missouri which is more southern than most parts of Kentucky. Go to Hayti sometime, it’s more redneck than Knoxville by miles. Sikeston has more Fords with confederate flags than most places in Alabama. Much of Missouri is easily more southern than some parts of Kentucky. For real, you can split their state into northern Missouri ( midwesterners) and southern Missouri (southerners).

Just sayin, we can still brag we stayed regional because of it. Now once we bring in North Carolina, eehhh. I know we might could stretch it and claim history there, but I’d say we are 100% not regional when they join. Bring in Virginia; it’s official. Although, there is a case to be made historically for them too, nothing is southern about Virginia. They had an awesome state until they decided….

At least we’re not bringing in California teams, yet.
Yeah sure. But we can't call the state southern because of one area. Just like you can't say Kentucky is midwestern because of NKY and Louisville. Or Arkansas because of NWA.

Reactions: Killswitch24
Yeah sure. But we can't call the state southern because of one area. Just like you can't say Kentucky is midwestern because of NKY and Louisville. Or Arkansas because of NWA.

Nah but to me if you’re a member of the SEC there needs to be something southern about your state Missouri has that covered in spades. We’ve already accepted non regional programs before Missouri. Oklahoma I mean nah. Missouri has an extremely southern part of the state it’s easier for me to allow it. Missouri isn’t Arkansas sure but it has elements. North Carolina, Virginia, Oklahoma, nah. Texas I’ll allow in the SEC for obvious reasons.

But we screwed up our conference a long time ago. I wouldn’t have even allowed Arkansas in if we were gonna be 100. Since not just at least have some southern historical significance. I guess we can stretch NC and Virginia but man eh. Maybe in the revolution days.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Nah but to me if you’re a member of the SEC there needs to be something southern about your state Missouri has that covered in spades. We’ve already accepted non regional programs before Missouri. Oklahoma I mean nah. Missouri has an extremely southern part of the state it’s easier for me to allow it. Missouri isn’t Arkansas sure but it has elements. North Carolina, Virginia, Oklahoma, nah. Texas I’ll allow in the SEC for obvious reasons.

But we screwed up our conference a long time ago. I wouldn’t have even allowed Arkansas in if we were gonna be 100. Since not just at least have some southern historical significance.
Lol, it's always funny how people define southern. Ask someone in New York and they include Maryland and Delaware. Ask someone In Alabama and the south is 6 states.

But I agree with your 1st point. And hey, Missouri's on the battle flag lol. The little dixe area of Missouri was settled by KY, TN, And Virginians. Jesse Jame's parents were from KY. That's good enough for me I reckon.

A Kentucky fan, a Duke fan and a Louisville fan walked into a bar.
"What can I get for you boys?" the bartender asked.
The Kentucky fan says, "I'll have an Old Fashioned".
The bartender quickly whips up the drink.
"How about you, Dukie?" asked the bartender.
"Give me a Harvey Wall Banger" replied the Dukie.
"And what about you, Card fan?" said the bartender.
The Louisville fan said, "Give me a Thirteen".
The bartender was puzzled. "Thirteen?" he said. "I've never made a Thirteen before. What are the ingredients?"
The Louisville fan replied, " You know. Seven and Seven."

But we screwed up our conference a long time ago. I wouldn’t have even allowed Arkansas in if we were gonna be 100. Since not just at least have some southern historical significance. I guess we can stretch NC and Virginia but man eh. Maybe in the revolution days.
Oklahoma shouldn't be in the conference. That's a plains state 100%. The others are all fine.

Lol, it's always funny how people define southern. Ask someone in New York and they include Maryland and Delaware. Ask someone In Alabama and the south is 6 states.

But I agree with your 1st point. And hey, Missouri's on the battle flag lol. The little dixe area of Missouri was settled by KY, TN, And Virginians. Jesse Jame's parents were from KY.

Southern to me, real southern? 3 team conference. I’m from tennessee so we only really count Tennessee,
Alabama, Mississippi as far as true southern states even today. Most of them don’t even like to say Kentucky is. But I’m from an area known for confederate graveyards, monuments, etc. Robert E Lee standing everywhere. Southern to them is a really small group. Still hard for me to accept Florida as southern. We arrogant about it.

I’ve always argued Kentucky is a true southern state to them but I’d say second tier. Louisiana just too mixed. Florida mixed. South Carolina mixed. Full blood southern is 3/4 states.

A Kentucky fan, a Duke fan and a Louisville fan walked into a bar.
"What can I get for you boys?" the bartender asked.
The Kentucky fan says, "I'll have an Old Fashioned".
"How about you, Dukie?" asked the bartender.
"Give me a Harvey Wall Banger" replied the Dukie.
"And what about you, Card fan?" said the bartender.
The Louisville fan said, "Give me a Thirteen".
The bartender was puzzled. "Thirteen?" he said. "I've never made a Thirteen before. What are the ingredients?"
The Louisville fan replied, " You know. Seven and Seven."
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Southern to me, real southern? I’m from
Tennessee so we only really count Tennessee,
Alabama, Mississippi as far as true southern states even today. Most of them don’t even like to say Kentucky is. But I’m from an area known for confederate graveyards, monuments, etc. Robert E Lee standing everywhere. Southern to them is a really small group. Still hard for me to accept Florida as southern. We arrogant about it. lol.
I've only ever heard this online. Most everyone irl I've met from TN doesn't say that.

But those 4 states (plus LA) are the only states left that don't have some ''midwestern'' or northeastern areas of their states. Texas has west texas. Arkansas NWA. Kentucky has NKY and Louisville. Virginia has NOVA. NC has the triangle. Florida has everything past lower Alabama. Georgia has Atlanta.

My hometown in KY has a confederate statue and confederate generals and colonels buried in the cementaries. My home county gave 700 men (plus my grandfather) to the south.

I've only ever heard this online. Most everyone irl I've met from TN doesn't say that.

But those 4 states (plus LA) are the only states left that don't have some ''midwestern'' or northeastern areas of their states. Texas has west texas. Arkansas NWA. Kentucky has NKY and Louisville. Virginia has NOVA. NC has the triangle. Florida has everything past lower Alabama. Georgia has Atlanta.

My hometown in KY has a confederate statue and confederate generals and colonels buried in the cementaries. My home county gave 700 men (plus my grandfather) to the south.

Man if you go into Deep South towns in Tennessee or Mississippi they most definitely take issue with Kentucky being southern. I’ve heard it my entire life. My grandfather on my mother’s side would give my dad hell about calling Kentucky a natural southern state. My Gdad in western, Ky would get offended if you called them anything but southern. My dad from ky always said southern.

I sort of go by a tier system. Like yea the town you’re from must be southern Kentucky close to Tennessee so it’s gonna be historically significant to the south. But state to state in general, you can almost call it by slave family heritage.

Tier 1 southern - Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama

There are parts of Kentucky no different than Tennessee. But there are parts of Missouri no different than Tennessee, just not as much. I’m referring to culture, history, and modern peoples. Those 3 are pretty much it there. If I’m just being general I definitely call Kentucky southern. But if you get really deep into it yea lots of Tennessee folks take issue with labeling Kentucky southern like say Mississippi. I’ve always been blue so I’ve argued them for years.

Nashville is going to destroy Tennessee anyway so

Man if you go into Deep South towns in Tennessee or Mississippi they most definitely take issue with Kentucky being southern. I’ve heard it my entire life. My grandfather on my mother’s side would give my dad hell about calling Kentucky a natural southern state. My Gdad in western, Ky would get offended if you called them anything but southern. My dad from ky always said southern.

I sort of go by a tier system. Like yea the town you’re from must be southern Kentucky close to Tennessee so it’s gonna be historically significant to the south. But state to state in general, you can almost call it by slave family heritage.

Tier 1 southern - Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama

There are parts of Kentucky no different than Tennessee. But there are parts of Missouri no different than Tennessee, just not as much. I’m referring to culture, history, and modern peoples. Those 3 are pretty much it there. If I’m just being general I definitely call Kentucky southern. But if you get really deep into it yea lots of Tennessee folks take issue with labeling Kentucky southern like say Mississippi. I’ve always been blue so I’ve argued them for years.

Nashville is going to destroy Tennessee anyway so
Upper southern vs deep southern. Kentucky isn't like Alabama. It's like Virginia and Middle TN. I think that's where the disconnect comes from lol.

I bought a new mower off a UT fan. But it has a weird issue.

When I start it, it doesn't mow. It just tells me how it's gonna mow next year.

Reactions: natchezrule
Upper southern vs deep southern. Kentucky isn't like Alabama. It's like Virginia and Middle TN. I think that's where the disconnect comes from lol.

I’ve always said to me Kentucky is southern. I just think there are a few levels to it. But Tennessee is about to go anyway Nashville is turning quick.

That family slave line through Tennessee Alabama and Mississippi is what it is for a reason. Also politically these days, Kentucky voting D in elections man, it’s hard to make the case they’re as southern as the 3 I named the culture is just so mixed. just my opinion I’d say breaking it down yes Kentucky has parts just as southern as the 3 naturals.

Reactions: cat tat2
Yes except I’ve lived in both and have family in both and I can 100% say there is a difference in East Tennessee people and everyone else. As we’ve talked about before (I never forgo an opportunity) East Tennessee people are unique and strange in their own right. I realize lines are imaginary but I’ve had enough experience to know it might be in the water.

West Tennessee people are “middle of nowhere” people they get a little different too. I’d say middle Tennessee people resemble “Kentucky” people to me. Just mo.

Just look at the fanbases. Nothing is worse than Tennessee and that’s not just our opinion, it’s the entire SEC opinion. Always voted the worst. Look at how they act. UK fans don’t act that way. They are different.
I like the people of Gatlinburg but that’s about the only place I’ve spent a lot of time in Tennessee. As far as fans go they are some of the worst though. For some reason they believe they are elite in football and basketball without the resume to back it up.

But I agree with your 1st point. And hey, Missouri's on the battle flag lol. The little dixe area of Missouri was settled by KY, TN, And Virginians. Jesse Jame's parents were from KY. That's good enough for me I reckon.
My dad was from sw Georgia (20 miles from FL) my mom from Murfreesboro (exact geographic center of TN). When they got married my Georgia relatives claimed "Eddie's done gone married some northern woman"

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT