ADVERTISEMENT

The irony and no win situation we are in now.

Every game we are on upset alert...then when we win...we didnt beat anybody

Who cares?

I’m still trying to figure out why Seth Davis’ and Kenny Smith’s opinions should matter?

UK just needs to take care of itself. This isn’t a political campaign. This is a scorched earth policy, where the only thing that matters is UK hitting its targets with appropriate amounts of napalm, psychological death, and torment on all haters.

Just win.

Everyone on the left side of the bracket is imploding. Our bracket has us at the top seed left and below us it looks like all there is going to be is Michigan at #3

99% of basketball fans couldn't tell you UNCs full path from last year's tournament. Give me the easiest teams every time. I couldn't care less what the nerdy wannabe writers or NBA focused former players say, the banner would look just like the other 8 already in the rafters.

True, we won't get any respect until we at least get to the title game, because we don't have any truly legit teams until then. But who cares. Listening to FSU just win, who knows, we may not any legit teams at all. History books won't show all tbat, it will only show who wins the title.

Reactions: howercat
We are the only blueblood left in our bracket I get what umm is saying. Damned if we do damned if we don't. If we in its expected but if we lose it's the upset of the century because we are kentucky

Just win. Who cares what anyone outside of BBN thinks. We'll appreciate the 2017-18 banner as much as any banner.

We are the only blueblood left in our bracket I get what umm is saying. Damned if we do damned if we don't. If we in its expected but if we lose it's the upset of the century because we are kentucky

I get it, too. However, that only really applies WHILE the tourney is running. If the Cats advance to the Final Four and even win it all without facing a seed higher than 7, people may remember next year, but after that, no one will care.

“No win situation” [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]
Haha that is funny. I say it's about time we caught a break. If we handle buisness, we should be favorites until the title game. This season is a pleasent surprise and the best part? Teams that are loaded with upperclassman have maxed out what they can do, as ALL or top 6 freshman , we just keep getting better when right now were already better than 90% of the teams left.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This isn’t a political campaign. This is a scorched earth policy, where the only thing that matters is UK hitting its targets with appropriate amounts of napalm, psychological death, and torment on all haters.

knocks_breaking_bad.gif

I could care less. Give me St. Marys of the Plains for the next 4 games. The record book will still say that the 2018 NCAA Mens Basketball Champion is the University of Ky Wildcats.

Paraphrasing George Forman on Johnny Carson when Forman was asked, "the guy you are fighting is he any good?" Response, "I hope not."

I will take every easy opponent I can get for Kentucky. Duke won the Championship with an easier path. Wisconsin spent a lot of energy to beat Kentucky and two night later had to play Duke. Anyone crying for Duke? It's OK.

You might also conclude that the better teams win in the tourney and thus full year records don't hold as much meaning as who is playing now. That team that beat Virginia looked way better than a 16 seed against Kansas State. They would have been a pesky opponent but looked a little worn down near the end. Nevada coming back like they did, maybe they are the better team. Kentucky is set up well but nothing is a sure thing.

I guess you put a lot of stock into what guys like Jay Williams and Pete Thamel think, eh?

Have fun with that.
I have no idea where you're going with that answer. I was simply implying that from here on out because we are the highest seed left in our bracket it will be monumental if we win or lose. The Kentucky effect if you will. 2 weeks ago nobody expected us to make it out of the first weekend but we have stepped up our game and playing team basketball. I don't see how the two douches you named have anything to do with my post

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I have no idea where you're going with that answer. I was simply implying that from here on out because we are the highest seed left in our bracket it will be monumental if we win or lose. The Kentucky effect if you will. 2 weeks ago nobody expected us to make it out of the first weekend but we have stepped up our game and playing team basketball. I don't see how the two douches you named have anything to do with my post

Fair enough, but I’m merely saying that it’s only “damned if we do” from voices like Thamels and Williams; in other words, opposing fans/”pundits” who don’t matter.

I’ll gladly take a path of nothing but 10-16 seeds if it means a UK Final Four or championship. There is no “damned if we do” in any scenario that ends with UK in the Final Four. Did UNC complain when they advanced through referee calls last season?

Winning is all that matters in this thing. The narratives are meaningless. The same “experts” who “damn us if we do” would hate on Cal/UK if UK beat the Warriors in the NCAA Title game.

When we win, we win. That’s the only thing that matters in the Big Dance. Survive and advance.

By the way, so many delicious tears flowing right now.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT