Is the Earth Flat or a Globe

• Flat

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Globe

Votes: 87 89.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What shape do you think the earth is, be specific.

[pfftt]

Try and keep up, billy. I told you back on page 28 that the earth is a pyramid. WAKE UP TO THE TRUTH111

tumblr_inline_o1jlwxFE7a1qm33lj_540.jpg

Reactions: Bkocats
Save your time BigBlue, when you say it's round he's going to say from the North Pole to the equator is "uphill" because the diameter is greater.

Those are totally different issues. Relative to sea level in New Orleans it is still going downhill.

So, I have an app on my phone that tracks the ISS. It will alert me to when it will be visible at my location. It is so accurate that it tells me the minute it is visible, the starting elevation, the flare elevation, end elevation, and end time. And, in fact, on a clear night I can look up and see with my own two eyes a bright object tracking through the sky EXACTLY where I expect it to be.

Just curious how that works in your reality, Brushy.

MKiTn8e.jpg

Reactions: Dig Dirkler
Sea level is irrelevant, if N.O. is further away from the "center" of the earth than Minn. then the ocean would be flowing from N.O. to Minn and not the Miss. River flowing towards the ocean. It's not, because the earth is flat.
Is lake Itasca of higher elevation than New Orleans? The answer is yes. You can't comprehend everything involved but you should at least be able to understand relative altitude. Apparently you dont.

So, I have an app on my phone that tracks the ISS. It will alert me to when it will be visible at my location. It is so accurate that it tells me the minute it is visible, the starting elevation, the flare elevation, end elevation, and end time. And, in fact, on a clear night I can look up and see with my own two eyes a bright object tracking through the sky EXACTLY where I expect it to be.

Just curious how that works in your reality, Brushy.

MKiTn8e.jpg

Take a break billy, i got this one…

[pfftt]
[eyeroll]

fish i(Phone) lens

Sea level is irrelevant, if N.O. is further away from the "center" of the earth than Minn. then the ocean would be flowing from N.O. to Minn and not the Miss. River flowing towards the ocean. It's not, because the earth is flat.
Sea level is most certainly not irrelevant.

Reactions: augustaky1

BigBlueFanGA is correct. Rivers flow due to elevation changes. The miniscule difference in the acceleration of gravity at the equator and at the poles is inconsequential. Any noncompressible fluid of a given density and specific gravity would also flow downhill. Simple hydrodynamics.

Reactions: augustaky1
BigBlueFanGA is correct. Rivers flow due to elevation changes. The miniscule difference in the acceleration of gravity at the equator and at the poles is inconsequential. Any noncompressible fluid of a given density and specific gravity would also flow downhill. Simple hydrodynamics.
Actually, it was explained to me that it's like that stretch of road somewhere in Kentucky where your vehicle will roll uphill. A school bus crashed years ago killing all the children and their little ghost hands push stuff up hill for all eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT