ADVERTISEMENT

The Chemistry is Off

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Just got a text from my source close to the program. This is what he basically had to say

The chemistry has been off in practice these past couple of weeks, players simply do not know their roles on the team and some are even growing unhappy with Cal. The pressure within the program is at an all time high and you can feel the tension in the building……..

I think anyone can see that this is true, Cal doesn’t stick with certain lineups and will play whoever at any given time.

This is part of what happens when you can't just commit to some form of roster consistency. Every single game, each player is out there with a new lineup around them, and just when things start to click between a guard and a forward.. one gets pulled out (or injured), and that player is left trying to figure things out with someone different.

We talk about other rosters being experienced and grown, but a lot of that is just having some consistency with who you play with.

Some guys probably didn't expect other guys to be as good as they are. The players clearly don't have defined roles.
I’m sure this must’ve caused plenty of internal confusion.

Dillingham and Sheppard were not supposed to be better than Edwards, Wagner and Bradshaw. But they clearly are. That upset the planned order of things. And I’m sure adjusting to it has been met with some unhappy resistance to the new reality (including, it seems, from our coach).

Maybe Cal should bring in the sports shrink Tubby used in 2006. Got us a win at Georgia and Bilas said they needed to go to Brokeback Mountain and have a good cry! Good times.

He said he got a text from his source, you can use context clues from games to come up with info, but this guy doesn’t have sources he is just taking info from the people who do and acting like it’s his
And on this topic,, he can make up whatever source he wants and would still be more on the correct side than not..

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
With or without a source, I think it's pretty easy to see player frustration with their on court status. What's odd is it seems pretty clear they all really like each other on a personal level and even as teammates. They're just individually frustrated with their situation and losing compounds it all.

Once again it's all on cal. No doubt in my mind he made promises to the top 3 guys and probably some lesser ones to dillingham. Then you have those top 3 guys underperforming while reed and dillingham are awesome and there are issues. Add in thiero and onyenso/z and you have an entirely different lineup than you pitched to guys.

Cal used to never make promises. Brandon Boston was the first one which included the stupid documentary group following him around with unprecedented access. From there on, you can tell he's promising guys and it's getting the results you see.

I blame the chemist...

0WeBEeT.png

No disrespect OP, but @ralphdaltonfan is the only guy I trust when it comes to "sources"
The only part I've been told (that doesn't mean this poster is incorrect) that connects with the OP's post is about the confusion over roles/playing time. To be fair, I don't think that would take anyone telling us that either. It's obvious to anyone who has played/coached that if you are producing, then miss time or are told by the coach you have to play and then don't..it would confuse/piss you off.

I don’t know if op is correct or not, really don’t care. But it does seem when Cal’s initial plan doesn’t work, he’s shit of luck. I’d guess he really thought the trio of Wagner, Edwards, and Bradshaw was going be the real deal. When other guys started to show more promise and upside, Cal dug his heels in.

I don’t know if op is correct or not, really don’t care. But it does seem when Cal’s initial plan doesn’t work, he’s shit of luck. I’d guess he really thought the trio of Wagner, Edwards, and Bradshaw was going be the real deal. When other guys started to show more promise and upside, Cal dug his heels in.
What's interesting is that I've been told Justin Edwards is not a problem at all. He's worked hard, kept his mouth shut and been fine behind scenes. But that's what I was told. Was the pressure from outside regarding his draft status that was getting to him and that wasn't coming from program. Cal's good with these situations. A few things have surprised the program in a negative manner and it's playing out that way-but at this point with state of program does anyone care for the why/how things are happening as much as get it done or get out?

Chaos is draining and hard to repair when it's taking place one year but it's a major issue when consistently happening each season off the court.

What's interesting is that I've been told Justin Edwards is not a problem at all. He's worked hard, kept his mouth shut and been fine behind scenes. But that's what I was told. Was the pressure from outside regarding his draft status that was getting to him and that wasn't coming from program. Cal's good with these situations. A few things have surprised the program in a negative manner and it's playing out that way-but at this point with state of program does anyone care for the why/how things are happening as much as get it done or get out?

Chaos is draining and hard to repair when it's taking place one year but it's a major issue when consistently happening each season off the court.
I wasn’t trying to knock any of the guys, they all seem like good individuals and teammates- hopefully the post didn’t come off like that, not my intention.

Yeah, we’re in year 4 of this spiral and I don’t see it being repaired until Cal is gone. Draining is an accurate description of being a UK fan right now.

I wasn’t trying to knock any of the guys, they all seem like good individuals and teammates- hopefully the post didn’t come off like that, not my intention.

Yeah, we’re in year 4 of this spiral and I don’t see it being repaired until Cal is gone. Draining is an accurate description of being a UK fan right now.
One of the biggest divas on the team is trying to pretend to be a team leader right now. LOL

Just got a text from my source close to the program. This is what he basically had to say

The chemistry has been off in practice these past couple of weeks, players simply do not know their roles on the team and some are even growing unhappy with Cal. The pressure within the program is at an all time high and you can feel the tension in the building……..

I think anyone can see that this is true, Cal doesn’t stick with certain lineups and will play whoever at any given time.
I can 100% assure you this post is incorrect. This team's chemistry is best one in years. Players love each other and there I zero turmoil. They definitely don't like losing but in no way shape or form is their chemistry issues.

Now as far as rotation and knowing roles there is some truth to that. The chemistry issues and players being mad at Cal is fictitious. This teams issues aren't due to chemistry problems.

This is accurate, ad stated above OP is simply spouting nonsense.

Some guys probably didn't expect other guys to be as good as they are. The players clearly don't have defined roles.
Hello Reed Shepherd, he has outshined the 5 Stars and is the poster boy of UK Basketball with the fans and media. I think this has caused issues with Wagner for one, I have seen him yell at Reed in the games. Just jealous it seems like to me.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Nobody has to believe me but remember before UK started losing I was the first one to say Cal would not return to Kentucky next season. I was told this by someone close to the program early last month.

To be fair he’s gotten a ton of playing time plus is starting despite sucking. The only reason for him to be unhappy is solely on him. Everyone is giving him what he wants whether it’s on merit or not. lol

Reactions: NociHTTP
To be fair he’s gotten a ton of playing time plus is starting despite sucking. The only reason for him to be unhappy is solely on him. Everyone is giving him what he wants whether it’s on merit or not. lol
Who is he talking about?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT