ADVERTISEMENT

The buzz about Somto Cyril has gone quiet

Dang, I’m hopeful reeves comes back to, I don’t get it why he would tell them he is back then ghost the staff
I've been led to believe that Reeves is a shy, bashful, quiet melancholic type. I know Cal had a hard time getting him to talk on the court. I'm familiar with that personality type and it is one that is hard to make a decision. But I'm still hopeful we could use his experience

I've been led to believe that Reeves is a shy, bashful, quiet melancholic type. I know Cal had a hard time getting him to talk on the court. I'm familiar with that personality type and it is one that is hard to make a decision. But I'm still hopeful we could use his experience
I would sell him on his role and having Wagner and maybe somebody else being the leaders

Read somewhere just a short while ago that it was expected that Hart would commit to UK by the end of the week. Sorry, don't remember the source right now but read about it an hour or so ago.
Do you remember which week?

I wish I could say I'm confident about Reeves. I'm hopeful but not confident. I still think his best option is Kentucky and I was hopeful that this week would clear all that up with him either coming or going. I am confident about Joey Hart and I think he'll be moved into the lodge this weekend. You going to think I'm silly but watching hart I can't help but think of the young Rex Chapman the way hart can get up and be a high wire act. Can you believe Rex is 55 years old?
The way Oboro3 posts, you'd think he was 5.

Pilgrim said UK thinks they get Brown along with Somto and Hart.
I would much rather they concentrate on Brown, Somto and Hart. I'm to the point I don't care one way or the other about Reeves. I know everyone says we need him and that may be true. But at this point, he should have already made an announcement. By dragging it out like this, it sure seems like he is trying to find a way out, rather than wanting to play for KY. I want someone who WANTS to be here and play for UK. Go CATS!]]💙💙💙

I find this hard to believe. If he was shy and bashful, he would tend to want to stay out of the spot light, yet he has continually played this back & forth game. He did it before committing last year & now this year. If he was getting paid 125,000 to play basketball for 3 months, that is a pretty good salary.
All of these guys have now seen how easy it is to call your own shots regarding playing time, positions, etc. No one has to earn anything any more. CCC has lost all contro over the program & the players. College basketball is now just a mini version of the NBA where coaches do what the players say or they are fired.

Yeah, I just don’t see him being able to get eligible at Michigan with as tough as their admissions process is, especially in a short time frame. If I were cal I would call him, say your either with us or your gone, it’s June
Reeves has all the leverage now because there are no good Guards left in the portal. Cal has really screwed us with how he’s handled this offseason. So Reeves can take his time because there’s no threat of being replaced.

Reeves has all the leverage now because there are no good Guards left in the portal. Cal has really screwed us with how he’s handled this offseason. So Reeves can take his time because there’s no threat of being replaced.
He does, but Michigan has also had 3 high profile graduates recently who already graduated and transferred not be able to get eligible because there admissions are hard. His options realistically are Kentucky or go pro overseas

Reactions: seccats04
Pilgrim said UK thinks they get Brown along with Somto and Hart.
This is what needs to happen. That along with Reeves back.

Starters

G Wagner
G Reeves
G Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Brown

Key Reserves

G Dillingham- sixth man
G Sheppard
F Onyenso
F Cyril

Bench

G Hart
G Thiero
F Burks

That’s a competitive roster, IMHO.

A good mix of talent and experience.

Starters

G Wagner
G Reeves
G Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Brown

Key Reserves

G Dillingham- sixth man
G Sheppard
F Onyenso
F Cyril

Bench

G Hart
G Thiero
F Burks

i think most would like that roster with both Brown & Cyril

He should be able to get his work completed, Cal knows a guy down here in Memphis that will travel if needed to take a test or do some schoolwork.

That’s so strange isn’t it? I read somewhere that he’s done it more than once over the last couple weeks. Told Cal he’s back and then when it’s time to announce he goes dark. Lol. Very strange
Seems to me he really doesn’t want to be here and just stringing the staff along as a backup plan.

Starters

G Wagner
G Reeves
G Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Brown

Key Reserves

G Dillingham- sixth man
G Sheppard
F Onyenso
F Cyril

Bench

G Hart
G Thiero
F Burks

Thiero will not be a bench scrub. By mid-year he will be getting major minutes.

Thiero will not be a bench scrub. By mid-year he will be getting major minutes.
Cal plays a 9-man rotation. Who does he replace?

Whoever you say, 3-4 posters will argue, “so and so will not be a bench scrub.” LOL!

But he might bump someone down the list. That’s just how I see it, right now.

Reactions: Cats192
I would much rather they concentrate on Brown, Somto and Hart. I'm to the point I don't care one way or the other about Reeves. I know everyone says we need him and that may be true. But at this point, he should have already made an announcement. By dragging it out like this, it sure seems like he is trying to find a way out, rather than wanting to play for KY. I want someone who WANTS to be here and play for UK. Go CATS!]]💙💙💙
Reeves doesn't require any effort. He won't pick up the phone.

Cal plays a 9-man rotation. Who does he replace?

Whoever you say, 3-4 posters will argue, “so and so will not be a bench scrub.” LOL!

But he might bump someone down the list. That’s just how I see it, right now.
1000%.

Every year it's "Some of ya'll don't understand how good kid xyz is."

Seems buzz about everyone has gone quiet. We may have a 9 man team next with Canada.

The school work has been a thing the entire time if you were paying attention.

They tweeted before his visit that he walked for graduation but it was still pending another class or two that needed to be finished.

This isn't breaking news.
Yes. Not sure, but I recall reading he needed 2 credit hours.

He never had a tough time deciding to shoot the ball ... he will flat raise up !! 😎

With the Bradshaw injury, got to get both Brown and Cyril.

We need some size in the worst way.

Heck, we just need bodies at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT