ADVERTISEMENT

The big run in the second half where we went from 5 down to 15 down

And not having a post is their fault???

Your statement was it would not have made a difference if they both started as I suggested.

My answer was, we will never know, will we???

And your response is, well they played and we still lost.

But did they start?? And if they did, would it make a difference in the outcome of these games?

And my answer, again, is that we will never know, right??

Try to keep up.
Lol me keep up? Good one
That was several statements ago
Yes we do know it wouldn't have made a difference. If they were bad when they played at the 16 min mark why do you believe they would have been good at the 19 min mark?

I wasn't saying not having a post was anyone's fault other than our staff. It was a "moving on" statement since your initial thought was juvenile

Well gee. On that stat, Edwards was third best on the team. The way people are moaning and complaining about him, I would have thought he was throwing the ball in our own basket.
That require him being able to finish at the rim and actually make layups which he cannot

It can be misleading cumulatively or when looking at small sample sizes. Derrick White is 6th in the NBA in +/- this year. Kentavarious Caldwell-Pope is 7th. Probably can't argue those are the 6th and 7th most important players in the league.

+/- is the same as any other basketball stat. It can tell you a lot but it can also be misleading and be used to push a narrative. Like everything, context is key.
I wasn't asking you. Where are you getting this information? Got a link? It better not be from Reddit.

I wasn't asking you. Where are you getting this information? Got a link? It better not be from Reddit.
I dont know how reliable the website is, it's a site called NBA.com. But I had outdated information, Derrick White is actually leading the league in plus minus. So unless you want to make the argument White is the beat player in the NBA it's probably safe to say the stat can be misleading.

That's what I thought. He has no idea.
To me, running cumulative is like a batting average with many at bats in baseball.
The cumulative +/- for a player over a number of games seems to mean more than just a single game. That is how I see it.

Maybe the cumulative total divided by total minutes played would be meaningful … not sure, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT