ADVERTISEMENT

The big run in the second half where we went from 5 down to 15 down

If playing awful means you don't deserve to play, wouldn't that apply to everyone tonight??

Reed wasn't even in the top 3 awful players tonight.
Hey, I was there. Reed did nothing the entire night. Agree he wasn't the only one...but you've got to try and make a play if you want PT. He never seemed to want the ball in his hands and he never really looked for his shot. Dilly deserved his minutes.

Hey, I was there. Reed did nothing the entire night. Agree he wasn't the only one...but you've got to try and make a play if you want PT. He never seemed to want the ball in his hands and he never really looked for his shot. Dilly deserved his minutes.
Dilly actually deserved more minutes, IMO.
I thought the turning point of this game is when Dilly shot us into a 5 point lead in the first half and Cal yanked him for no reason.

Finished the half getting blown off the floor due a whole lot to DW horrible play at PG.

I agree that something may be going on behind the scene with Reed. He looked totally different tonight. Yeah we want him back for another year and tonight's game certainly helps with that. HOWEVER, the same can be said about Edwards' draft stock and being back next year...and I personally would not want that. Just my opinion. Reed has been better overall than Edwards. But hearing how Jeff, Stacy and Reed are, I am kinda worried about behind the scenes. And we will never know for sure, just like with Wheeler which we don't know for sure what happened, but something did happen.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Dilly actually deserved more minutes, IMO.
I thought the turning point of this game is when Dilly shot us into a 5 point lead in the first half and Cal yanked him for no reason.

Finished the half getting blown off the floor due a whole lot to DW horrible play at PG.
The problem is, it’s not Dilly or Reed. It’s not one or the other. You’re putting these guys against each other as though one or the other had to be on the bench. DJ was atrocious and played 30 minutes. Edwards did nothing in 23 minutes.

Reed is getting torn to shreds on this board while Wagner scored four points in 30 minutes. Hell, two of DJ’s assists should’ve been turnovers as they were telegraphed passes that were lucky to get though. And he was easily the worst defensive player out there for us on a really poor defensive night.

The problem is, it’s not Dilly or Reed. It’s not one or the other. You’re putting these guys against each other as though one or the other had to be on the bench. DJ was atrocious and played 30 minutes. Edwards did nothing in 23 minutes.

Reed is getting torn to shreds on this board while Wagner scored four points in 30 minutes. Hell, two of DJ’s assists should’ve been turnovers as they were telegraphed passes that were lucky to get though. And he was easily the worst defensive player out there for us on a really poor defensive night.
I think you misunderstood my post. Dilly needed more minutes. Not more of Reed's minutes.

I think Cal is really hurting this team by not starting Reed and Dilly and they definitely both need to be on the floor together because they really play well off of each other and this team plays at a totally different pace and level when they are running the team.

Cal loves watching DW pound the ball, kill the shot clock, and make a wild shot driving to the basket. That's Cal's favorite offense.

I think you misunderstood my post. Dilly needed more minutes. Not more of Reed's minutes.

I think Cal is really hurting this team by not starting Reed and Dilly and they definitely both need to be on the floor together because they really play well off of each other and this team plays at a totally different pace and level when they are running the team.

Cal loves watching DW pound the ball, kill the shot clock, and make a wild shot driving to the basket. That's Cal's favorite offense.
Oh I see.

unfortunately, Cal has way too big of an ego to start the two guys that he’s brought off the bench the entire season. 🥲

It's hard to excuse. I know Reed didn't have a great game.. but he's still a great basketball player who can provide in other ways.

Wagner and Edwards.. I'm not sure are great COLLEGE basketball players. Great AAU slam dunkers? Solid one on one playground ballers? Sure, I guess.

But we trash guys like Reeves, and Reed and Tre.. they don't disappear. They aren't SUPPOSED to carry the team.. guys like Edwards and Wagner are. And they were recruiting and courted to be as such.

Honestly think we'd be better off without both. I'll sacrifice those few games where DJ puts up 17 and 3 assists. I think we can do better with Dilly being point and everyone else getting more looks.
Wagner is as good as anyone on this team. Including him with Edwards is just ridiculous.

So even though those 2 were on the floor and we lost. Starting them would have done something different?

You never know what goes on inside another man’s head. Bradshaw is a second rounder and there’s nothing he can do about it at this point. Big Z is potentially a lottery pick and he doesn’t even have to do much else.

But if this is what is motivating Bradshaw, I’ll take it.
Z would be in the NBA right now if that were true. He wasn't gonna be drafted and is a late 2nd rounder now

He had at least one play in the first half where it looked like he could get a layup at the rim and threw the ball cross court to try and get a 3. That drives me so crazy. Just take the sure 2.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Wagner is as good as anyone on this team. Including him with Edwards is just ridiculous.
This guy loves DJ as much as some on this board love CCC 🤣

I actually don’t have you on ignore because I find your defense of DJ oddly funny. I am entertained by your devotion. Are you a relative or did you graduate from the same high school as him like 20 years before he went there? He just scored four points in 30 minutes and I’m not sure that he stopped his man from scoring a single time and yet here you are 😂

Sometimes it is very misleading. As long as you are on the floor when one of your teammates goes on a scoring binge you look great
Smh
Also, if you are on the floor with a bad lineup you look horrible. Works both ways.

We will never know, will we????
Yes, we know. They played quite a bit and were pretty bad tonight too.

In sec road games if you don't have a guy that can score down low.... You're in trouble. As much as our fans hate having a center. The game is more physical on the road and refs let shit go to create better games. We don't have a post threat.

Reactions: megablue
I had no problem with the call tonight, and the commentators put the rule on the screen and it was pretty clear. He ran to the offensive player, put his hands on him and gave him no space to move.
The point is that if you are close enough to get an elbow, you are almost always in their space. It was a judgmental call at best.
Kinda makes me think that every time we touched the ball our guy should have elbowed the defender in the mouth. Cause they were “in our cylinder “ all freaking night.

Reed was awful tonight. He looked scared the entire time. Never seemed to want the ball or look for his shot. He didn't deserve more minutes.
I guess you could say the same for Bradshaw the other night, right? But he got to play the second half and was instrumental in our win.

You might want to check the latest mock drafts. Yahoo has him at 7.
I rarely put anyone on ignore. I mean you have to be a certified troll, because I have no problem being disagreed with, but I have that guy on ignore, and he just reminded me of why…

Z a late 2nd rounder? GTFO of here with that clown show! Good grief 🤣

I actually don’t have you on ignore because I find your defense of DJ oddly funny. I am entertained by your devotion. Are you a relative or did you graduate from the same high school as him like 20 years before he went there? He just scored four points in 30 minutes and I’m not sure that he stopped his man from scoring a single time and yet here you are 😂
DJ just came of a string of very good games. 55% from the field over the last six games before last night and just went for 18 and 10 with only 2 turnovers. To judge him based on last night, when the entire team played like trash, isn't fair.

Sheppard's only points last night was a garbage time 3, but I'm not going to sit here and act like he isn't a great player.

Cumulatively it's reliable or not?
It can be misleading cumulatively or when looking at small sample sizes. Derrick White is 6th in the NBA in +/- this year. Kentavarious Caldwell-Pope is 7th. Probably can't argue those are the 6th and 7th most important players in the league.

+/- is the same as any other basketball stat. It can tell you a lot but it can also be misleading and be used to push a narrative. Like everything, context is key.

Reactions: crestcat
The point is that if you are close enough to get an elbow, you are almost always in their space. It was a judgmental call at best.
You’re missing the key piece……replay showed KY player had his hands on SC player waist.

Now mind you, I have never heard of the cylinder rule either. Dane Bradshaw was explaining the rule on the replay. Then the referee came back with that exact call. So it must mean something because every elbow to someones face doesn’t mean the defender is touching someone. But I was glad it happened and I learned something new😀

Yes, we know. They played quite a bit and were pretty bad tonight too.

In sec road games if you don't have a guy that can score down low.... You're in trouble. As much as our fans hate having a center. The game is more physical on the road and refs let shit go to create better games. We don't have a post threat.
And not having a post is their fault???

Your statement was it would not have made a difference if they both started as I suggested.

My answer was, we will never know, will we???

And your response is, well they played and we still lost.

But did they start?? And if they did, would it make a difference in the outcome of these games?

And my answer, again, is that we will never know, right??

Try to keep up.

You’re missing the key piece……replay showed KY player had his hands on SC player waist.

Now mind you, I have never heard of the cylinder rule either. Dane Bradshaw was explaining the rule on the replay. Then the referee came back with that exact call. So it must mean something because every elbow to someones face doesn’t mean the defender is touching someone. But I was glad it happened and I learned something new😀
Here is something else new.....Hooking is a foul. The big guy for SC hooked every time he made a low post move and was never called for it. But that is not the reason they lost last night.

Here is something else new.....Hooking is a foul. The big guy for SC hooked every time he made a low post move and was never called for it. But that is not the reason they lost last night.
You could be right. Will have to say I didn’t watch for that. I also am not saying I agree with the “cylinder” call which I have never seen called, and may never again. I also see flagrant fouls called on simple basketball moves that are not intentional…..only to be showed a rule stating “any contact above the head.” So they call flagrant one game. The next game, that same play gets called a basketball move so a normal foul. It can’t be both.

Reactions: Ballin4nine
I rarely put anyone on ignore. I mean you have to be a certified troll, because I have no problem being disagreed with, but I have that guy on ignore, and he just reminded me of why…

Z a late 2nd rounder? GTFO of here with that clown show! Good grief 🤣
That's exactly what his projection has been for over 2 years now. He went through pre draft in 22 and 23 and withdrew his name both timees because he may not be drafted at all. One 10 min stretch didn't change that my great friend.

Bradshaw=4
Mitchell=-22
Edwards=-5
Reeves=-18
Wagner Reed and dilly= -9,-10,-11
Ivisic=-13
Ugo=-1
Well gee. On that stat, Edwards was third best on the team. The way people are moaning and complaining about him, I would have thought he was throwing the ball in our own basket.

You are the troll of trolls so I guess I'll take that. I find your putting down of DJ oddly funny. You can't see one thing the kid d does well and that is a you problem. It's strange you say you're a ky fan but have agenda against certain players.
If he weren't good he wouldn't be racking up sec freshman of the weeks time and again.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT