ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee fans coping with kentucky’s second 10 win season in 4 years

RunninRichie

All-American
Sep 5, 2019

Sad & pathetic that a former national power & national championship aspiring program will once again cling to a win over a Kentucky program as the only bright spot of their season and their future outlook

Just Nebraska with dirtier sleezier uncouth fanbase

Still waiting for them to square the logic that Pruitt & his staff cheated their asses off so bad they can be fired for cause and not be owed a penny in buyouts.....but the cheating wasn't bad enough to even do a self bowl ban, or deduct 1 single scholarship.

Sad & pathetic that a former national power & national championship aspiring program will once again cling to a win over a Kentucky program as the only bright spot of their season and their future outlook

Still waiting for them to square the logic that Pruitt & his staff cheated their asses off so bad they can be fired for cause and not be owed a penny in buyouts.....but the cheating wasn't bad enough to even do a self bowl ban, or deduct 1 single scholarship.
Chumlee has them fired up. He just needs recruits they say...

We are going to set the record straight in Knoxville in less than a year. Staff isn't going to let ish go down like that again, nor are the players. They'll be reexamining things over Thanksgiving dinner 2022. We won't be the only ones with their number.

They should promote a "Has Been Bowl" to start the season and just have UT and Nebraska play every year.

And the want to call every other team a cheater. The vols are the only one looking at sanctions for offering money to players, not Bama, not UGA, not CU just the orange slime.

I noticed this Saturday night on every Facebook college football fan page touting UK's win. Like clockwork, a handful of UT fans chimed in and bragged about the Vols' victory over UK. Do you see Bama fans hitting every thread about UT and bragging about the 15 straight Bama wins over UT? This isn't what fans of relevant programs do.

I noticed this Saturday night on every Facebook college football fan page touting UK's win. Like clockwork, a handful of UT fans chimed in and bragged about the Vols' victory over UK. Do you see Bama fans hitting every thread about UT and bragging about the 15 straight Bama wins over UT? This isn't what fans of relevant programs do.
Apparently a win over UK is the bar for UT now. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Scrolling through twitter, any mention of Kentucky, I don't think I came across one post that didn't have some Tennessee fan making a smartass comment about how they beat us.

Their win against us is the only thing they can celebrate this year. We know what we are. Tennessee fans think they are a national title contender every year.

Whoever is on their board as "Kentucky Wildcat/part-time Vol" needs to have their BBN fan card revoked. Seriously, unless you have a kid playing for them how can you even say that? And even with a kid playing there, then you can only say it, not put it in writing to last for eternity!

Reactions: RunninRichie
Whoever is on their board as "Kentucky Wildcat/part-time Vol" needs to have their BBN fan card revoked. Seriously, unless you have a kid playing for them how can you even say that? And even with a kid playing there, then you can only say it, not put it in writing to last for eternity!
I live on the KY/TN border and there are a lot more UK Basketball/Tennessee Football fans than you would figure. It's disgusting.

I can tel you here in TN, they are salty about not winning that bowl game and us getting our win.
It is the same ol stuff every year for 20 plus years now. Get a new coach - Tons of optimism, get a win against us, Georgia (on a last second play) or play bama close for a half and they are right there getting things turned around. The next year people figure new coach out then they start a decline, third/fourth year coach heads out the door along with recruits. Rinse repeat.
I start feeling sorry for them but when they win they are so dang toxic and I remember why I enjoy them losing. I celebrate every LOSS they have, aside from a few good family members that are not the typical TN fans I hope they lose everything and the program shuts down and never plays another game.

Did you see ESPN top 25 after bowl season? It is a joke, no Iowa or Ky. Look at the #23 and #24

Here are the latest rankings:

Georgia
Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Clemson
Oklahoma State
Cincinnati
Iowa State
Utah
Pittsburgh
Wisconsin
Penn State
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
NC State
Baylor
Michigan State
Auburn
Wake Forest
Miami
Purdue
Tennessee
Texas

Chumlee has them fired up. He just needs recruits they say...
If they every decide to institute a 10 second rule to let the defense set before snap as they should outside the two minute drill, you'd see Heupul's success diminish greatly. Over half his success is based on snapping the ball before the defense is set, not some ingenious play calling no one else has thought of. Tempo works but it makes everone look better than they really are straight up.

And the want to call every other team a cheater. The vols are the only one looking at sanctions for offering money to players, not Bama, not UGA, not CU just the orange slime.

How does a team cheat and still not win?.? I mean, isn’t that the whole point of cheating?? Can’t wait for the NCAA to drop the hammer on em…

They aren’t wrong and they beat us at home. For the SEC it was a very favorable schedule. And as long as UT keeps beating us they can talk as much smack as they want.

Reactions: mobleyd
We are going to set the record straight in Knoxville in less than a year. Staff isn't going to let ish go down like that again, nor are the players. They'll be reexamining things over Thanksgiving dinner 2022. We won't be the only ones with their number.
Well let’s beat them and shut them up. As a matter of fact let’s beat them when we are having a season like this. Twice now we ve had chance at NY6 twice now UT knocked us out.

Reactions: mobleyd
the schedule looks favorable next year too.
just have to plug some holes and stay healthy
and i think we could have 10 or 11 wins next year.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
They aren’t wrong and they beat us at home. For the SEC it was a very favorable schedule. And as long as UT keeps beating us they can talk as much smack as they want.
I agree. I'm not knocking the accomplishments we're continuing to stack on each other but we did have a great schedule by SEC standards and ul is a shell of their glory days. For all of the good things we've been doing during Stoops' time we've laid a lot of eggs against some mediocre ut teams.

On an average year, LSU is a damn good win. They just won a national title two years ago. Citing Ole Miss as the "unfair game" is hilarious.

Their best win was us. They also lost to Florida.

Reactions: Deeeefense
They have sucked balls for years. Man, I just looked it up. They have not had a 10-win season since 2007 when we choked in like 4 OTs against them because Brooks was a total puss and decided to not go for the win from the one yard line.

We've split the last 4 with them but its not enough. We've just about shut Florida up and them hiring " Napier dugout" isn't going to help them any time soon v us either.

Just no excuse to lose to this sad sack bunch in Knoxville. They're trash.

I live on the KY/TN border and there are a lot more UK Basketball/Tennessee Football fans than you would figure. It's disgusting.

I live near Knoxville... a whole lot of Tennessee football and Duke/UNC basketball fans in this area.

Reactions: TuckyFB
I can tel you here in TN, they are salty about not winning that bowl game and us getting our win.
It is the same ol stuff every year for 20 plus years now. Get a new coach - Tons of optimism, get a win against us, Georgia (on a last second play) or play bama close for a half and they are right there getting things turned around. The next year people figure new coach out then they start a decline, third/fourth year coach heads out the door along with recruits. Rinse repeat.
I start feeling sorry for them but when they win they are so dang toxic and I remember why I enjoy them losing. I celebrate every LOSS they have, aside from a few good family members that are not the typical TN fans I hope they lose everything and the program shuts down and never plays another game.

Listen to their sports radio when I can stomach it. It's toxic. I distinctly remember a few years ago their talking heads claiming that their coaching staff was top 2 or 3 in the SEC. Then when Pruitt got canned they all claimed to know he was horrible and did things the wrong way, etc. etc. Now they're back to touting how much better Huepel is and how he's doing things the right way and all that. There's just a never ending supply of optimism about every current situation.

Reactions: JASUN74
How does a team cheat and still not win?.? I mean, isn’t that the whole point of cheating?? Can’t wait for the NCAA to drop the hammer on em…

I really think Pruitt is a good coach, maybe not really smart enough to be a head coach but has been a very good DC everywhere he has been. Was an overrated recruiter, could get elite kids to visit but couldn't close on them, was that way at UT, UGA and Bama. Now as far as cheating and not winning, my opinion of Fulmer is he is one of the biggest slimeballs to ever grace the college sidelines as far as ethics go, I think he had his hands all over the program and wouldn't allow Pruitt to run the show. He was actually on the field coaching and received a nasty letter because of it. Took his time replacing coaches so he could go on the road recruiting.

Now I am afraid you will be waiting a long time for that hammer to drop, it seems to be propped up. Hasn't fell on anyone since USC and Reggie Bush. They probably lose a few scholarships, maybe some official visits.

Reactions: FHCat81
Listen to their sports radio when I can stomach it. It's toxic. I distinctly remember a few years ago their talking heads claiming that their coaching staff was top 2 or 3 in the SEC. Then when Pruitt got canned they all claimed to know he was horrible and did things the wrong way, etc. etc. Now they're back to touting how much better Huepel is and how he's doing things the right way and all that. There's just a never ending supply of optimism about every current situation.

As late as the week before the opener they were claiming to have the best staff in America under Pruitt, were in their little winning streak, had just won a bowl game. Riding high. Then we beat them like a rented mule again, ended their winning streak, season went downhill and they turned on Pruitt, Staff and their QB. He was head coach of the worst staff in the country. Then the cheating deal, If they were undefeated do you think they would have been as concerned about doing things the right way? They haven't been their entire history, why now? To avoid paying Pruitt's buyout they turned themself in, yeah, they have beach front property in Kansas too.

Now Chumblee does run an offense that requires you to be alert, they put up big points this year. Vols are expecting 10 wins, maybe more in 22, many are claiming that for 21, they actually beat OM and Purdue but refs cheated them. I guess that pic of the WR pulling at the ball carrier in the bowl game goes unnoticed. It's ok to push, but a penalty to pull a ball carrier. Their whole off season is going to be spent on stopping players from "flopping" against them. What's going to be great is they don't improve, lose a couple of games they won last year and have a worse record. I think Carolina will be much improved next fall, they have a QB and could get a WR from OU too to go alone with the TE and QB. They are losing Harris, but could have a good passing attack, if they can keep Rattler under control. I don't know how good UF will be next fall, the portal will go alone way in deciding that. But I do know this, Mullen always thought he was the smartest person in the room, Billy Napier might be. Billy is very shy and country, but extremely smart guy. I hated to see him go to UF or anywhere in the SEC was hoping he would get a shot out of conference, but pretty cool having a head coach in the SEC that you coached in HS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT