ADVERTISEMENT

Ten years ago... the Block. Where were you when that happened?

Doesn't matter what uNC's final recird was, they are still a blue blood, it was early in the season and Rupp was jam packed. That crowd was incredibly loud when that 5th three went down.

Watch "Tayshaun Prince hits five threes in a row against UNC" on YouTube
23,153 was not considered jam-packed back then. Everyone knew UNC sucked. Almost 1400 empty seats.

Was at Buffalo Wild Wings in Highland Heights with my BIL, same as the 98 championship. What a wild time that was. I remember my buddy and I STANDING on bar stools lighting fat cigars after we beat Utah.

Was moving into a new apartment (3rd floor), and the first thing I brought in was the TV, so I could hook it up to watch while I moved things in. Needless to say, I got distracted and didn't do a whole lot of moving, while my now ex-wife took on the brunt of the labor ... Can't help but wonder if that had something to do with the "now ex" part, but hey ... Priorities.

The best block I can remember is Kenny Walker in the '85 NCAAT against UNLV. Sky blocked a floater at its peak then drove the floor for the game winning layup. I've never seen a guy jump that high.

Doesn't matter what uNC's final recird was, they are still a blue blood, it was early in the season and Rupp was jam packed. That crowd was incredibly loud when that 5th three went down.

Watch "Tayshaun Prince hits five threes in a row against UNC" on YouTube

"Tayshaun is not a Prince, he's a King!!!"

Loved that!!! Great video!!!

AlohaCat

Reactions: kyjeff1
Good lord you are right. The floor looks absolutely atrocious right now. I’ve never wanted to avoid a bank more than I have Central Bank after seeing the bullshit blue mismatched rectangles on the floor now.
Its not just that. The old UK logo with the power K, no "wildcat' logo on the endzones, the old KENTUCKY font, no checkerboard on the endzones either, and like you said , no shitty ass rectangles. That was THE UK court! Damn shame Mitch butchered it.

Reactions: ConRay9
I remember this fondly, I was in the nosebleeds at Rupp, almost to the very top (row AA) with a $5 student ticket. My senior year was a good one for sports!

Reactions: HICATFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT