ADVERTISEMENT

TCU???

I’m having a hard time following the logic here. Ku sucks, tcu sucks, UK sucks, obviously the whole ACC sucks, the pack 12 always sucks, the B1G also historically sucks in March…. And I think we can all agree Houston and Gonzaga suck because they are mid majors.

Aside from Bama we are running out of teams here fellas! Time to go put our money on Oral Robert’s?

Nawh they hate cal to much, but for real you guys are really damn good and don’t need the extra help, you all are one of the 4 or five teams that can actually win it
Well damnit i can’t be sarcastic and poke fun if you’re going to go out and compliment us. We will probably go get boat raced at Texas and put all that hope back to bed again.

I genuinely think UK is a team like UNC last year that could put it together around March. If Cason and Reeves take over the offense and y’all guard like you do against UT all the time you have a decent shot with no dominant teams. Only reason I have faith in KU is experience and the fact guards win in March. UK is one of the few talented teams that has experienced players.

Just tell Cal to let them play and not yank them and yell and stomp around if they screw up and something special may happen.

I’m having a hard time following the logic here. Ku sucks, tcu sucks, UK sucks, obviously the whole ACC sucks, the pack 12 always sucks, the B1G also historically sucks in March…. And I think we can all agree Houston and Gonzaga suck because they are mid majors.

Aside from Bama we are running out of teams here fellas! Time to go put our money on Oral Robert’s?
I take it as Kansas is good, the big 12 is good, TCU and Kentucky are okay not great, and officiating sucks in the big 12

Reactions: jwhkchawk
Well damnit i can’t be sarcastic and poke fun if you’re going to go out and compliment us. We will probably go get boat raced at Texas and put all that hope back to bed again.

I genuinely think UK is a team like UNC last year that could put it together around March. If Cason and Reeves take over the offense and y’all guard like you do against UT all the time you have a decent shot with no dominant teams. Only reason I have faith in KU is experience and the fact guards win in March. UK is one of the few talented teams that has experienced players.

Just tell Cal to let them play and not yank them and yell and stomp around if they screw up and something special may happen.
I hope so, this team is just to inconsistent and doesn’t have enough scoring, and with cal he will do what he does and try to force feed Oscar and stall ball the game

Miss st should be in, but you should also be aware that TCU lost their best player and AA Miles on the first 4 minutes and were without their leader in the paint, Lampkin. Until that they were 16-4 with wins at Baylor and at KU. 2 of the better road wins of the season.
Sure. They do have a Quad 4 loss earlier in the year when I think they were completely healthy to Nothwestern State. They are 2-6 in their last 8. Just doesn't scream top 25.

But my point was more about Miss St having enough to get in. They have Quad 1 wins over 14, 19 and 21. All 3 are better wins then Dooks 2 Quad 1 wins, 25 and 42, and they are considered a 6 seed.🙄

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Honestly, the way KU plays, is such an advantage. 5 out, spread the defense wide open and pick & choose what you want to do. They’re so hard to defend, because they have defenses scrambling all over the place.
Alabama, Baylor and Houston are very similar. Take a look at where all 3 are ranked and what seeds they're in line for.

I'd be curious as to how Kansas has it's shoot arounds set up. I know for ours, we let the opponent have Rupp while we go to the practice facility (or so I've heard). Not only is that mind blowing to me, but I have a feeling most other teams aren't so accommodating.

Sometimes I think UK is content on SAYING how great we are, instead of showing it. Fans who treat the game like a Saturday afternoon movie, meh student section, being overly welcoming to other teams. I hate Kansas and Duke, but I'll give them credit for fabricating as many "road blocks" as possible to stop other teams from winning at their house.
Reminds me of the pink visitors locker rooms at the Iowa football stadium

That “official gives KU the game” narrative is just crap. On Saturday against Baylor the one kid slipped on the floor and lost the ball on 3 consecutive possessions. KU scored 6 points. So I guess the officials tripped him right? For christs sake.

Reactions: rabbitTown
Sure. They do have a Quad 4 loss earlier in the year when I think they were completely healthy to Nothwestern State. They are 2-6 in their last 8. Just doesn't scream top 25.

But my point was more about Miss St having enough to get in. They have Quad 1 wins over 14, 19 and 21. All 3 are better wins then Dooks 2 Quad 1 wins, 25 and 42, and they are considered a 6 seed.🙄
I agree that Miss St should be in, but dropping 6 of 7 in January is why they are where they are. They have a very borderline resume like other bubble teams with their only good wins being Netrual against Marquette, at Arkansas, and home against a hobbled TCU. Their nonconference was abysmal.

Another night of college basketball, another night of Kansas getting all the calls

FpdmxZhaQAAu26z

Kansas isn't supposed to get calls on the road lol. That's how bad this has gotten, that their fans are like "look, the home team got more free throws than us, it's fine!"

• Haha
Reactions: Wonky
TCU SOS is #19

Out SOS is #46

Hard to compare the records when you don't play the same teams.

WVU came into tonight 15-12 (4-10) and had lost 3 in a row and lunardi still had them in. Even in a tough conference, I feel like you should still have to be at least approaching .500 in league play to get in

Teams like that are a waste of a seed IMO. Everyone knows they get in and likely get wrecked the first weekend.

You have the home court advantage because 99 percent of the time it’s 8vs5 when teams go there
you are exactly right, I have a very good Jayhawk fan and he admits it is almost impossible to beat them at home especially with Higgins calling it and he even said road games whistles are similar to his home games

you are exactly right, I have a very good Jayhawk fan and he admits it is almost impossible to beat them at home especially with Higgins calling it and he even said road games whistles are similar to his home games
Did you a chance to watch last night. Mcculer hacked TCU 3 times on the final 2 possessions and TCU didn’t get a foul call at all

I know, I didnt know if you got to watch th game last night
I did and for our KU GUYS, who by the way I like as my daughter goes their. Jaylen Wilson, damn good player, is by far the hardest guy for me to watch play. Anyone that has played the game at a decent level cannot stand a guy that all he does is flail into the defender, throw his arms up or fall down on EVERY DRIVE. Your guy or not this guy literally gets every damn call and it is flat annoying. If he were playing in the 80's/90's guys would have put his ass on the ground after a play or two

Alabama lost to UConn, Tenn, Gonzaga, and got rolled by OU... they only be UNC by 2... they suck too.

Reactions: jwhkchawk
And UK has missed Oscar, CJ, Wheeler, Toppin, Ware, Cason and Collins each for a few games this season. I don't see anyone giving us credit for that on our losses.
Funny logic...
Only Oscar remotely compares to them losing their captain, leading scorer, and point guard.
But... more importantly, it is what TCU did when Miles was there (e.g. beating KU at their place by 20).
Why would we get credit for missing players, when we were losing when those guys did play?

Funny logic...
Only Oscar remotely compares to them losing their captain, leading scorer, and point guard.
But... more importantly, it is what TCU did when Miles was there (e.g. beating KU at their place by 20).
Why would we get credit for missing players, when we were losing when those guys did play?
They may have lost their best player but we have played games without 2-3 rotation players. If you can't see the significance of that I don't know what to tell you.

What I witnessed last night was a team that was driving to the basket and trying to draw fouls rather than make shots and expecting fouls to be called. One thing I can say about Kansas/Self, they don't get the typical road whistle that everyone else does in CBB. That's written out of admiration too, not saying they get away with things. It's more that officials call the game straight unlike most teams. Kentucky gets a worse home whistle in SEC games then Kansas does on the road in Big XII.

Watching TCU last night just shook my head and laughed thinking "If they were playing Kentucky, they'd have been to the FT line about 40-45 times". Not because they deserved to be there either but we know how the whistle blows in Lexington or on the road for the Cats. Specifically in the Calipari era.

I totally believe your story! 😂

Reactions: zeppgrl14
They may have lost their best player but we have played games without 2-3 rotation players. If you can't see the significance of that I don't know what to tell you.
Again... why would we get credit for missing players, when we were losing when those guys did play? TCU wasn't.

I agree that Miss St should be in, but dropping 6 of 7 in January is why they are where they are. They have a very borderline resume like other bubble teams with their only good wins being Netrual against Marquette, at Arkansas, and home against a hobbled TCU. Their nonconference was abysmal.
Hasn't half the Big12 had big losing streaks. IowaSt lost 3 of 4 now and 5 of 7 and are still ranked. TCU has lost 5 of 6 now. WVU lost 5 in a row, 6 of out 7 in Jan. But is in. OKST has lost 3 straight for the 2nd time and are in. OK is on the bubble and has lost 5 of 6 and 8 if their last 10. KSt has lost 4 of 6 and is ranked top 20. And so on and so on.

MissSt might gave had a bad run in Jan but they have no bad losses and 3 Quad 1 wins. Their win over Marquette is better than anything Dook has. To your point Dook has only 2 Quad 1 wins, last on Dec 6 2022. Over Xavier and Iowa both neutral court sites and lost to horrible Clemson who has 3 Quad 4 losses. Yet we aren't talking g about them being in like Missst. Hell they ste projected as a 5-6 seed.😂😂😂

The bias and bs is real and doesn't add up.

Higgins is sooo bad.
In the Baylor vs KU game on Saturday, that POS waited for a Baylor guard to drive a wide open lane to the basket before he blew his whistle because there was a wet spot on the floor by the sideline.

I have never seen that before. I was waiting for him to look into one of the cameras and smile. That guy is crooked as hell.

Reactions: deep3
I totally believe your story! 😂
I don’t give two shits whether you believe it or not it’s fact. Now go crawl back to that shithole called Lawrence and saying shithole is being nice. You open up your shit a can will be opened on your ass now get back down on your knees BURNS.

Hasn't half the Big12 had big losing streaks. IowaSt lost 3 of 4 now and 5 of 7 and are still ranked. TCU has lost 5 of 6 now. WVU lost 5 in a row, 6 of out 7 in Jan. But is in. OKST has lost 3 straight for the 2nd time and are in. OK is on the bubble and has lost 5 of 6 and 8 if their last 10. KSt has lost 4 of 6 and is ranked top 20. And so on and so on.

MissSt might gave had a bad run in Jan but they have no bad losses and 3 Quad 1 wins. Their win over Marquette is better than anything Dook has. To your point Dook has only 2 Quad 1 wins, last on Dec 6 2022. Over Xavier and Iowa both neutral court sites and lost to horrible Clemson who has 3 Quad 4 losses. Yet we aren't talking g about them being in like Missst. Hell they ste projected as a 5-6 seed.😂😂😂

Frankly, there a no free wins in the Big12 like there are in the SEC. Every game in that league is a grind. “No bad losses” for MSU is questionable. Losing at Georgia, home against Florida and against Drake are pretty bad.

Here is a summary of Miss State’s schedule:
Nov-Dec 20th: 9 free wins, 1 good win against Marquette, 1 solid win against Utah, 1 bad loss to Drake.
Dec 28th - Jan 25th: 1-7 record with 1 win vs Ole Miss (home)
Jan 28: win over TCU at home in OT w/o best player
Feb 4 - now: 4-1 record w/ 1 great win (at Arkansas)1 solid win (home vs Mizzou) 2 “free wins” and home loss to Kentucky.

Frankly: this resume above is pretty bad. They are rightfully on the border with 8 or so teams. They can play themselves in (great chance tonight at Mizzou) by picking up wins, or show they don’t belong by losing a couple. I personally think MSU is a very average team. Not sure why people are so defensive of them.

I have already addressed Duke. I don’t see them as a legit 6 seed but miss state’s competition to getting in isn’t Duke.

And by the way, the last 2 teams in the Big12 in the field per Lunardi are WVU and OkSt. They are in the last 4 byes while miss St is in the last 4 in. Hardly much separation to be frustrated about.

Isn't there a difference between computer rankings and polls? To my understanding, the computer rankings don't give two sh!ts who the team is. You feed the numbers in and it compares/contrasts all the teams. Polls like the AP are completely different. If I am an AP voter I, in theory, could vote Cleveland State #1. Much more subjective to human bias. Do the computer rankings (kenpom for instance) take into account the human based polls in their algorithms?

I don’t give two shits whether you believe it or not it’s fact. Now go crawl back to that shithole called Lawrence and saying shithole is being nice. You open up your shit a can will be opened on your ass now get back down on your knees BURNS.
sick burn buddy

Reactions: bern1955
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT