ADVERTISEMENT

TCU???

Isn't there a difference between computer rankings and polls? To my understanding, the computer rankings don't give two sh!ts who the team is. You feed the numbers in and it compares/contrasts all the teams. Polls like the AP are completely different. If I am an AP voter I, in theory, could vote Cleveland State #1. Much more subjective to human bias. Do the computer rankings (kenpom for instance) take into account the human based polls in their algorithms?
Well those teams were in with the NCAA reveal the other day and I think that matters as it comes from the committee. It lined up with the rankings.

Frankly, there a no free wins in the Big12 like there are in the SEC. Every game in that league is a grind. “No bad losses” for MSU is questionable. Losing at Georgia, home against Florida and against Drake are pretty bad.

Here is a summary of Miss State’s schedule:
Nov-Dec 20th: 9 free wins, 1 good win against Marquette, 1 solid win against Utah, 1 bad loss to Drake.
Dec 28th - Jan 25th: 1-7 record with 1 win vs Ole Miss (home)
Jan 28: win over TCU at home in OT w/o best player
Feb 4 - now: 4-1 record w/ 1 great win (at Arkansas)1 solid win (home vs Mizzou) 2 “free wins” and home loss to Kentucky.

Frankly: this resume above is pretty bad. They are rightfully on the border with 8 or so teams. They can play themselves in (great chance tonight at Mizzou) by picking up wins, or show they don’t belong by losing a couple. I personally think MSU is a very average team. Not sure why people are so defensive of them.

I have already addressed Duke. I don’t see them as a legit 6 seed but miss state’s competition to getting in isn’t Duke.

And by the way, the last 2 teams in the Big12 in the field per Lunardi are WVU and OkSt. They are in the last 4 byes while miss St is in the last 4 in. Hardly much separation to be frustrated about.
No free wins in the Big12 lol. OKST gave up a 100 and lost by 25 the other night. Then they lost by 18 next game to WVU. They have lost by dd their last 3 games. Their the only ones I looked up.

Seems like a free win to me.

I was curious as we seem to like to blame the refs for giving KU games, and us never getting a kind whistle like they get. So far this year:

KU (thru 28 games)
Total Fouls = 473
Other Team Fouls = 452
Difference = +21
Total FT Att = 503
Other Team FT Att = 530
Difference = -27

UK (thru 27 games)
Total Fouls = 431
Other Team Fouls = 451
Difference = -20
Total FT Att = 504
Other Team FT Att = 443
Difference = +61

KU Home Games Only (14 gm)
Fouls = 221
Other Team Fouls = 226
Difference = -5
FT Att = 270
Other Team FT Att = 253
Difference = +17

UK Home Games Only (16 gm)
Fouls = 223
Other Team Fouls = 272
Difference = -49
FT Att = 316
Other Team FT Att = 229
Difference = +87

KU Away Games Only (10 gm)
Fouls = 185
Other Team Fouls = 158
Difference = +27
FT Att = 159
Other Team FT Att = 210
Difference = -51

UK Away Games Only (8 gm)
Fouls = 152
Other Team Fouls = 124
Difference = +28
FT Att = 131
Other Team FT Att = 155
Difference -24

KU Neutral Games Only (4 gm)
Fouls = 67
Other Team Fouls = 68
Difference = -1
FT Att = 74
Other Team FT Att = 67
Difference +7

UK Neutral Games Only (3 gm)
Fouls = 56
Other Team Fouls = 55
Difference = +1
FT Att = 57
Other Team FT Att = 59
Difference -2

I find it interesting that Neutral Games seem to be pretty straight forward and even, on the road we both get more fouls called against us than the teams we are playing. But we have such a bigger advantage of foul disparity when we play at home than Kansas does. I figured the numbers would have been flipped. I don't really watch too many KU games, so I don't know if they just are just missing a bunch of calls against KU.

Reactions: Camhawk2012
No free wins in the Big12 lol. OKST gave up a 100 and lost by 25 the other night. Then they lost by 18 next game to WVU. They have lost by dd their last 3 games. Their the only ones I looked up.

Seems like a free win to me.
You don’t watch and only look at stats that fit your narrative. You looked them up, which tells me you haven’t followed them at all. I can tell you that I follow virtually every basketball game being played in power conference.

They are #42 in the NET and 5-9 against Quad 1 opponents. If you put them on level with South Carolina, ole miss, Vandy, LSU, etc. you’re crazy. They are the 9th or 10th worst team in that conference.

I was curious as we seem to like to blame the refs for giving KU games, and us never getting a kind whistle like they get. So far this year:

KU (thru 28 games)
Total Fouls = 473
Other Team Fouls = 452
Difference = +21
Total FT Att = 503
Other Team FT Att = 530
Difference = -27

UK (thru 27 games)
Total Fouls = 431
Other Team Fouls = 451
Difference = -20
Total FT Att = 504
Other Team FT Att = 443
Difference = +61

Fouls = 221
Other Team Fouls = 226
Difference = -5
FT Att = 270
Other Team FT Att = 253
Difference = +17

Fouls = 223
Other Team Fouls = 272
Difference = -49
FT Att = 316
Other Team FT Att = 229
Difference = +87

Fouls = 185
Other Team Fouls = 158
Difference = +27
FT Att = 159
Other Team FT Att = 210
Difference = -51

Fouls = 152
Other Team Fouls = 124
Difference = +28
FT Att = 131
Other Team FT Att = 155
Difference -24

Fouls = 67
Other Team Fouls = 68
Difference = -1
FT Att = 74
Other Team FT Att = 67
Difference +7

Fouls = 56
Other Team Fouls = 55
Difference = +1
FT Att = 57
Other Team FT Att = 59
Difference -2

I find it interesting that Neutral Games seem to be pretty straight forward and even, on the road we both get more fouls called against us than the teams we are playing. But we have such a bigger advantage of foul disparity when we play at home than Kansas does. I figured the numbers would have been flipped. I don't really watch too many KU games, so I don't know if they just are just missing a bunch of calls against KU.
This doesn’t fit the narrative that a lot on the board swear by….

On another note, the B12 has won 71% of its games against other P5 teams. Next closest is SEC at 54%. Bottom line is that the B12 without a doubt is the best conference this year. ACC is at 42% this year. Ouch

Reactions: Camhawk2012

KU (thru 28 games)
Total Fouls = 473
Other Team Fouls = 452
Difference = +21
Total FT Att = 503
Other Team FT Att = 530
Difference = -27

UK (thru 27 games)
Total Fouls = 431
Other Team Fouls = 451
Difference = -20
Total FT Att = 504
Other Team FT Att = 443
Difference = +61

Fouls = 221
Other Team Fouls = 226
Difference = -5
FT Att = 270
Other Team FT Att = 253
Difference = +17

Fouls = 223
Other Team Fouls = 272
Difference = -49
FT Att = 316
Other Team FT Att = 229
Difference = +87

Fouls = 185
Other Team Fouls = 158
Difference = +27
FT Att = 159
Other Team FT Att = 210
Difference = -51

Fouls = 152
Other Team Fouls = 124
Difference = +28
FT Att = 131
Other Team FT Att = 155
Difference -24

Fouls = 67
Other Team Fouls = 68
Difference = -1
FT Att = 74
Other Team FT Att = 67
Difference +7

Fouls = 56
Other Team Fouls = 55
Difference = +1
FT Att = 57
Other Team FT Att = 59
Difference -2

Interesting

This doesn’t fit the narrative that a lot on the board swear by….

On another note, the B12 has won 71% of its games against other P5 teams. Next closest is SEC at 54%. Bottom line is that the B12 without a doubt is the best conference this year. ACC is at 42% this year. Ouch

Interesting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT