ADVERTISEMENT

SWEET 16 THREAD 3-28

I agree our offense isn't always the best. However, when we have a post that can score we are hard to stop.
College basketball can be dominated with defense, a scoring post , and a great ball handler
Our offense is pretty similar to the offense run by Duke, Kansas and North Carolina. So you have 4 Hall of Fame coaches and the 4 most successful programs of all time. It's not exactly like we're out on an island running some gimmicky offense no one else has seen or heard of.

People are conflating things. The reason we stunk this year is because we had bad players, not because of anything specific about philosophy of offense or defense.

Served 9 years so people have the right to voice their opinions and concerns! Yes, i honor our anthem and flag But also stand behind those that Kneel!
funny that you mention that
they are disrespecting the very symbol of the freedoms that allow them to kneel

stand with a sign and protest i can back that 100%, even if i disagree with your protest
disrespect our anthem or flag and the freedom they stand for i am 100% against (i think most Americans are)

Last edited:

stand with a sign and protest i can back that 100%, even if i disagree with your protest
disrespect our anthem or flag and the freedom they stand for i am 100% against (i think most Americans are)
61fw1O8JJ0L._AC_UL1200_.jpg

Reactions: mebeblue2
I agree our offense isn't always the best. However, when we have a post that can score we are hard to stop.
College basketball can be dominated with defense, a scoring post , and a great ball handler
have to disagree with you on this

Cal has NEVER taken advantage of a dominant post player
He didn't with Cuz …..see the WVU loss as a perfect example
He didn't with Bam
He didn't with KAT...…...see the Wi loss as another perfect example

this STUPIDITY cost UK 2 NCAA titles

Cal has always been guard oriented, which is fine when you talent like Wall or Fox or even Ullis, but the decrease to Hagans & now Askew is too painful to watch. Can't have point guards that can't score even a little. That leads to 4 on 5 advantage for the defense

Reactions: gwjenning
Well that shouldn’t be a problem because based on our recruiting we won’t be running a two-post offense next year, we’ll be running at least a three-post offense.
If you're saying that Brooks or Toppin will be the starting SF next season, then I might have to start looking for a cliff to jump off of.

Reactions: UK90
Tucker is no different than 95% of social media windbags. They have to embrace the woke PC culture to keep their jobs. They gotta push a agenda of white=racist at every possible turn. It's the "hot" thing right now. Big Tech and the mainstream media are pushing so many lies right now it's hard to keep track of them all.
Tucker hates the rural Kentucky fanbase because he knows they are predominantly Conservatives. Their traditional values and views are in direct contrast to his heroes in the secular world.
They have to be shamed and forced to "get in line" as a poster in another thread (now locked) said.
Kyle Tucker and his ilk are destroying our culture.

If you’re attempting to make the argument that wearing flag print clothing is the same as making a statement during a ceremony meant to honor the country and its values (the country that allows ppl to do these things w zero consequence or suppression), you’re incorrect. While recognizable, it was never a flag and often isn’t even the same pattern.

Flag code lays out the requirements to be considers an official flag. The segment about using the flag as clothing is in context of using an existing flag to make clothing, which would require desecration of the flag. Not flag print with random numbers of starts and stripes printed on cloth. Unless they are using legitimate flags to then cut a design out of, that isn’t in violation of flag code.

Or are the flag patches on jerseys or military uniforms (thus clothing) also against flag code?

The messaging is bad. Pick a less divisive way if it’s not about the country then don’t protest the symbol of the country. Wear shirts in pregame, kneel at center court for a moment of silence etc. Doesn't matter if you claim it isn’t about the flag, that’s what it becomes. Look all over social media and you’ll find “f America” “f this country” etc. W leaders if this movement (Lebron) making “Amerikkka” comments. That’s why people won’t accept it. We are the most tolerant country in the world have have to look it in the face everyday because we are also the most diverse by far. Those people making comments like that need to realize it’s our country’s greatness that allows them to have opposing opinions and to be able to take stands or even blatantly make borderline treasonous comments with zero repercussions. You aren’t jailed or stoned. So both sides should take a step back and realize there’s a lot of grey to that conversation

Last edited:
Our offense is pretty similar to the offense run by Duke, Kansas and North Carolina. So you have 4 Hall of Fame coaches and the 4 most successful programs of all time. It's not exactly like we're out on an island running some gimmicky offense no one else has seen or heard of.

People are conflating things. The reason we stunk this year is because we had bad players, not because of anything specific about philosophy of offense or defense.

Bingo

Nope. I'd pick Gonzaga over UK as well if I were him, especially seeing Jalen Suggs' success there.
That’s an easy choice.
Gonzaga is ahead of UK right now. Their program has a better system, a better plan, better players and a much stronger foundation. That’s what happens when you build your program correctly and focus on the program as a whole.
Gonzaga is having their cake and eating it too. They keep their good players for 3 to 4 years, get guys drafted AND are now taking the best recruits.
Mark Few is doing it quietly too, he's not jabbering to everyone that will listen, about how great he is and how many draft picks he has. What a concept.

Some of you make it seem that simply disagreeing with a black person as a white person is automatically "racist". When did it become such a sin to disagree with someone. I don't like BLM. I don't like what they stand for and I believe it was created based on a lie. Does that mean I don't like black people as a race? No, far from it. So shut up with the whole racist shit because people don't agree and move on. It's been beaten to death.

Some of you make it seem that simply disagreeing with a black person as a white person is automatically "racist". When did it become such a sin to disagree with someone. I don't like BLM. I don't like what they stand for and I believe it was created based on a lie. Does that mean I don't like black people as a race? No, far from it. So shut up with the whole racist shit because people don't agree and move on. It's been beaten to death.

People can disagree with others. You're correct. Definitely doesn't make one racist. Possibly someone that doesn't understand the BLM movement based on that comment but definitely not racist.

Funny how the narrative changes. Last year in the bubble playoffs, it was a consensus UK was THE place if you wanted to succeed at the next level.

Suddenly one year later and it's an archaic offense that stifles development? Come on now.

Gonzaga is suddenly a one and done haven for a reason. Start at suggs and trace it here. Not hard imo

Recruiting goes around in circles. It's not a knock on UK. We were the "it" place to be. Then it was Duke. Apparently Gonzaga is having a run now.

It happens.

Reactions: catlogic15
have to disagree with you on this

Cal has NEVER taken advantage of a dominant post player
He didn't with Cuz …..see the WVU loss as a perfect example
He didn't with Bam
He didn't with KAT...…...see the Wi loss as another perfect example

this STUPIDITY cost UK 2 NCAA titles

Cal has always been guard oriented, which is fine when you talent like Wall or Fox or even Ullis, but the decrease to Hagans & now Askew is too painful to watch. Can't have point guards that can't score even a little. That leads to 4 on 5 advantage for the defense
You are pretty clueless. Not completely, because you watched those games, but you are out there. The one knock on cal is he uses his bigs in post to a fault. KAT dominated all tournament, he just came up against a crafty big.
The wv game, you take what the defense gives you. Especially when the defense you are playing is a solid a** defense. Any player or coach will tell you, you keep shooting wide open 3's no matter if you miss 40.

That’s an easy choice.
Gonzaga is ahead of UK right now. Their program has a better system, a better plan, better players and a much stronger foundation. That’s what happens when you build your program correctly and focus on the program as a whole.
Gonzaga is having their cake and eating it too. They keep their good players for 3 to 4 years, get guys drafted AND are now taking the best recruits.
Mark Few is doing it quietly too, he's not jabbering to everyone that will listen, about how great he is and how many draft picks he has. What a concept.
Other than suggs they don't have any top recruits so you can't really compare. Obviously guys that are not top 100 are gonna stay.
They have about 3 top 100 recruits on their team

According to espn anyway.
When u play scrubs it's easier to look good. Alabama will run them

Tucker is the audience that would love that and run with it. Hell the moron ran with an agenda the other night when the mass murder killed innocent people at a grocery store. Apparently it was more important to Kyle that the killer was a White man then the tragedy itself. Sadly for him and his nonsense, the killer was not a White man.

White guilt is for losers and posers. If you truly are about what's right in life, you don't need to talk, how you live your life speaks for you. Guess I'm anti American because I felt for the families and people involved.

the more you write, the more I like you.

That is not true it has nothing to do with disrespecting the Flag .our Anthem or our Country it has to do with being fed up with people of their race being murdered by the very government entity that is suppose to protect them and they are using that as a platform to get people to talk about it !

• Angry
Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
That is not true it has nothing to do with disrespecting the Flag .our Anthem or our Country it has to do with being fed up with people of their race being murdered by the very government entity that is suppose to protect them and they are using that as a platform to get people to talk about it !
about 3 times the amount of unarmed white criminals resisting arrest are killed each year compared to unarmed black criminals resisting arrest
where is your outcry for them

it should not happen in either case
i do agree police reform needs to happen but not just for one race
that is not equality

nothing should ever be given to one race or gender that is not available to all
that in its self is racist

To be fair RunninRichie, just said whomever is leaking nonsense to Tucker and this excuse is lying and making excuses for Justus not landing another elite recruit. But never fear, we're in shape for a huge '22-'29.
He’s laying the groundwork, have you saw his newest target?
Whoa......I haven't been on here all day. What did Ralph Dalton say Justice leaked
That Sallis picked Gonzaga over UK because of mean UK fans.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
Wow. So the government is hunting and killing black people? Does the press know about this?

Justice is such a crap assistant. What has the dude done to keep a job here? Must have serious blackmail on Cal or something
Who is Justice? Is David Justice a basketball coach now? He was an All-Star baseball player from the Braves who grew up in Northern Kentucky. What a switch!

So… Instead of kneeling during the anthem, they had signs of protest that they were holding up, you’d be fine with that? I doubt that. I doubt that you would allow them any form of protest without you complaining about it.

Reactions: rye48
In the form of rogue cops? Yes. And yes. There, I answered both of your questions.
SO you have the names and locations of these rogue cops? Has the press relayed this info to ummm....the....who would they relay it to if the police are the ones doing this? Gimme a break.

Reactions: seccats04
So… Instead of kneeling during the anthem, they had signs of protest that they were holding up, you’d be fine with that? I doubt that. I doubt that you would allow them any form of protest without you complaining about it.
reading comprehension is not your friend
i am against anyone regardless of race disrespecting our anthem or flag and the freedoms they stand for

about 3 times the amount of unarmed white criminals resisting arrest are killed each year compared to unarmed black criminals resisting arrest
where is your outcry for them

it should not happen in either case
i do agree police reform needs to happen but not just for one race
that is not equality

nothing should ever be given to one race or gender that is not available to all
that in its self is racist
I can't argue with that one bit !

Math we are just wasting our time they will use anything to push their agenda of right wing hate no matter what after all its not their families

He sure had a different take when asked last fall..
Last October, Sallis told KSR that he liked Kentucky’s offense and the versatility he could add to Calipari’s system in Lexington.

“I could see myself playing both (guard positions), especially in a system like Kentucky,” Sallis said. “We’ve been watching, there’s not really one designated point guard, one of the guards just gets the ball and they just run. That’s a system I feel like I could fit in well because I could have the ball and I could also be without it. Coach Joel (Justus) told me those are the types of guards that they recruit, the really versatile ones. I feel like it’s a good fit.”

“Part of their pitch is that they play such a fast-paced game with a lot of perimeter players, and he likes that style of play where it’s very guard-oriented,” Sallis’ high school coach, Tim Cannon added. “It’s a lot of guards, a lot of fast breaks. Now, I think a lot of people play that way, but [Hunter] did say specifically that he really likes that style of offense and the ability to fast break, not have things clogged up in the middle, stuff like that. He definitely likes their style of play.”

You are pretty clueless. Not completely, because you watched those games, but you are out there. The one knock on cal is he uses his bigs in post to a fault. KAT dominated all tournament, he just came up against a crafty big.
The wv game, you take what the defense gives you. Especially when the defense you are playing is a solid a** defense. Any player or coach will tell you, you keep shooting wide open 3's no matter if you miss 40.
This is so wrong. Geez.

Well, you mean that Tucker was just lying to to appeal to a certain segment of the UK fanbase. Whoda thunk it?
The Cal brigade will be here in a few to dispute this tweet and defend Tucker and Cal.
Tucker is nothing more than a liberal hack pushing his woke agenda. He needs to get out of sports writing and pursue a job at CNN or MSNBC. There...now I feel better

THIS AGAIN????
You've posted this same LIE before and you've been shown the facts and statistics that prove it is a LIE.
So...again...what "government entity" is murdering black people in the United States of America? You're also going to need to show us unbiased evidence of your claim.
You're certifiable, did you know that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT