ADVERTISEMENT

Succeed and proceed has turned into fail and bail

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
I know you can’t believe anything Cal says but if all 6 do leave, plus Wallace, and then and a couple out of Livingston, Collins, Thiero, Onyenso transfer, that’s what this is.

The narrative is get in and get out asap. If you aren’t a one and done lottery pick, go anyway because that’s what you thought. For every WCS and IQ you have a dozen who have gone the first route.

The sad part is I think Cal is going to push several of these guys out the door. Then the narrative next year will be:

“We’re young”
“it’s a process”
“These kids think they poop ice cream.”

Someone said after the loss today, I got 5 words for you:
Wagner, Edwards, Dillingham, Bradshaw, shepherd.

I said I’ve got about 50 words for you:

Wall
Cousins
Bledsoe
Orton
Patterson
Knight
Young
Noel
Goodwin
Randle
Darkari
Harrison(s)
Booker
Lyles
Cauley-Stein
Willis
Hawkins
Towns
Ulis
Skal
Murray
Briscoe
Gabriel
Bam
Fox
Monk
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Shai
Knox
Keldon
Herro
PJ
Richards
Quickley
Maxey
Boston
Clarke
Jackson
TyTy
Sharpe

0 titles.

So pardon me for tempering my expectations for next season.
It’s always, next year, next year, next year. The common denominator is Cal.

1998 to 2012 was 14 years.
2012 to 2024 (at least) is coming up on about the same length of time.

This is not kentucky basketball. This is a sad reality.

I wish wheeler failed and bailed or cal kicked him out. Would’ve been nice to have a real PG this season and not a non shooting midget that bails on his team. Worst Cal PG ever. It’s not close.
We have one of the decent transfers that were out there to rest Cason and play next to him at times and I guarantee we would have had a much better season and might even still be playing.

Good call Cow!
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

I wish wheeler failed and bailed or cal kicked him out. Would’ve been nice to have a real PG this season and not a non shooting midget that bails on his team. Worst Cal PG ever. It’s not close.

Terrible watching him be given the keys to the program for almost 2’years.

Truth is Calipari liked him because he couldn’t shoot.

We legit had

Wheeler
Wallace
Toppin
Collins
Ware
Oscar

Getting crazy minutes for half the year. Playing 4 guys at a time who have no range. It’s amazing to me people still support Caliprairie after that kind of sht show. It’s insulting.

I know you can’t believe anything Cal says but if all 6 do leave, plus Wallace, and then and a couple out of Livingston, Collins, Thiero, Onyenso transfer, that’s what this is.

The narrative is get in and get out asap. If you aren’t a one and done lottery pick, go anyway because that’s what you thought. For every WCS and IQ you have a dozen who have gone the first route.

The sad part is I think Cal is going to push several of these guys out the door. Then the narrative next year will be:

“We’re young”
“it’s a process”

Wall
Cousins
Bledsoe
Orton
Patterson
Knight
Young
Noel
Goodwin
Randle
Darkari
Harrison(s)
Booker
Lyles
Cauley-Stein
Willis
Hawkins
Towns
Ulis
Skal
Murray
Briscoe
Gabriel
Bam
Fox
Monk
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Shai
Knox
Keldon
Herro
PJ
Richards
Quickley
Maxey
Boston
Clarke
Jackson
TyTy
Sharpe

0 titles.

Don't forget Sam Bowie, Melvin Turpin and Kenny Walker. They didn't win either.

“We’re young”
“it’s a process”

Wall
Cousins
Bledsoe
Orton
Patterson
Knight
Young
Noel
Goodwin
Randle
Darkari
Harrison(s)
Booker
Lyles
Cauley-Stein
Willis
Hawkins
Towns
Ulis
Skal
Murray
Briscoe
Gabriel
Bam
Fox
Monk
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Shai
Knox
Keldon
Herro
PJ
Richards
Quickley
Maxey
Boston
Clarke
Jackson
TyTy
Sharpe

0 titles.

Reading your post just drives the nail home. All of those guys with no titles is like salt in our wounds.

The first class was special because we should have won the title that year. Everything was going great until we played West Virginia. West Virginia was a terrible three point shooting team until they played against us. I think they hit 9 or 10 in that game.

The same goes for the 2011, 2014, and 2017 season. Great guards and in each of those games they lost, our guards shot poorly while the opposing guards shot lights out against us.

Such disappointment year after year.

“We’re young”
“it’s a process”

Wall
Cousins
Bledsoe
Orton
Patterson
Knight
Young
Noel
Goodwin
Randle
Darkari
Harrison(s)
Booker
Lyles
Cauley-Stein
Willis
Hawkins
Towns
Ulis
Skal
Murray
Briscoe
Gabriel
Bam
Fox
Monk
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Shai
Knox
Keldon
Herro
PJ
Richards
Quickley
Maxey
Boston
Clarke
Jackson
TyTy
Sharpe

0 titles.

1958 to 1978 was 20 years and 1978 to 1996 was 18 years. It’s not like Kentucky was winning a title every 5 years, the average is probably around 1 every 14 years or so for the total history of Kentucky basketball.

1958 to 1978 was 20 years and 1978 to 1996 was 18 years. It’s not like Kentucky was winning a title every 5 years, the average is probably around 1 every 14 years or so for the total history of Kentucky basketball.
Cal has one title in 35 years.

Reading your post just drives the nail home. All of those guys with no titles is like salt in our wounds.

The first class was special because we should have won the title that year. Everything was going great until we played West Virginia. West Virginia was a terrible three point shooting team until they played against us. I think they hit 9 or 10 in that game.

The same goes for the 2011, 2014, and 2017 season. Great guards and in each of those games they lost, our guards shot poorly while the opposing guards shot lights out against us.

Such disappointment year after year.
Correct, uk was the best team
This game exposed ccc as a fraud
WVU' s best player was out so huggy played zone
Ccc had no clue how to attack and couldn't stop their guard from driving
14 years later, still has no clue about either

“We’re young”
“it’s a process”

Wall
Cousins
Bledsoe
Orton
Patterson
Knight
Young
Noel
Goodwin
Randle
Darkari
Harrison(s)
Booker
Lyles
Cauley-Stein
Willis
Hawkins
Towns
Ulis
Skal
Murray
Briscoe
Gabriel
Bam
Fox
Monk
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Shai
Knox
Keldon
Herro
PJ
Richards
Quickley
Maxey
Boston
Clarke
Jackson
TyTy
Sharpe

0 titles.

This post just about says it all… there’s not another coach in the country that has had so much talent and has done so little with it. Without a doubt, Cal is the greatest underachiever in college basketball! IMO. How anyone defends him is beyond me.

“We’re young”
“it’s a process”

Wall
Cousins
Bledsoe
Orton
Patterson
Knight
Young
Noel
Goodwin
Randle
Darkari
Harrison(s)
Booker
Lyles
Cauley-Stein
Willis
Hawkins
Towns
Ulis
Skal
Murray
Briscoe
Gabriel
Bam
Fox
Monk
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Shai
Knox
Keldon
Herro
PJ
Richards
Quickley
Maxey
Boston
Clarke
Jackson
TyTy
Sharpe

0 titles.

Great post ... the truth is sobering. It's time for all of BBN to sober up.

“We’re young”
“it’s a process”

Wall
Cousins
Bledsoe
Orton
Patterson
Knight
Young
Noel
Goodwin
Randle
Darkari
Harrison(s)
Booker
Lyles
Cauley-Stein
Willis
Hawkins
Towns
Ulis
Skal
Murray
Briscoe
Gabriel
Bam
Fox
Monk
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Shai
Knox
Keldon
Herro
PJ
Richards
Quickley
Maxey
Boston
Clarke
Jackson
TyTy
Sharpe

0 titles.

58 -78 was 20 years. 78 to 96 was 18 years. So using your own technique for cherry picking stats, we’re doing above average.sounds just like Kentucky basketball if you look at it your way.

58 -78 was 20 years. 78 to 96 was 18 years. So using your own technique for cherry picking stats, we’re doing above average.sounds just like Kentucky basketball if you look at it your way.
UK's historic percentages were 8 titles in their first 73 years of existence, or one title every 9.1 years.

Cal hasn't won a title in 11 years. We're due on a historic level.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
UK's historic percentages were 8 titles in their first 73 years of existence, or one title every 9.1 years.

Cal hasn't won a title in 11 years. We're due on a historic level.
Against absolute crap statistics. If you want to play that game, then compare avg to avg. Cal has been here, what, 14years? So he has an average of 7 years between titles. So there, you have a crap to crap comparison. Bottom line is this. Things ain’t great, but they aren’t that bad. Conditions of competition are horrific with the abominations of NIL and the portal. The game you think you knew is dead now. Rotting in the ground. This is a completely new set of rules. Maybe it gets better. Maybe a WHOLE lot worse. Welcome to semipro college basketball.

Reactions: Graham51
Against absolute crap statistics. If you want to play that game, then compare avg to avg. Cal has been here, what, 14years? So he has an average of 7 years between titles. So there, you have a crap to crap comparison. Bottom line is this. Things ain’t great, but they aren’t that bad. Conditions of competition are horrific with the abominations of NIL and the portal. The game you think you knew is dead now. Rotting in the ground. This is a completely new set of rules. Maybe it gets better. Maybe a WHOLE lot worse. Welcome to semipro college basketball.
Nah, he hasn't won a second title, so he's batting 1/13 right now, which is lower than the historic norm.

Your post reeks of deflection. "Things aren't that bad right now?" Compared to who? Tennessee's historic levels?

Thank goodness people like you haven't set the standard for Kentucky basketball, because we'd be Indiana right now if we followed your trash level of expectation.

Nah, he hasn't won a second title, so he's batting 1/13 right now, which is lower than the historic norm.

Your post reeks of deflection. "Things aren't that bad right now?" Compared to who? Tennessee's historic levels?

Thank goodness people like you haven't set the standard for Kentucky basketball, because we'd be Indiana right now if we followed your trash level of expectation.
Again you evade with crap stats put 14 years end to end, a championship in the middle and you get and average of 7 years. Sorry. Crap stats suck. Feed me crap that’s what you get back.

Why you keep living in the past? That game is dead now. This is the NIL age. This is when players make their best deal. Crying about the past doesn’t help. Want better players, pony up. You have to buy them now. Want them to be loyal?? Buy it by paying 100 grand for photo. Don’t buy clothes or food from any business that doesn’t make a substantial contribution to Cats NIL. Old basketball is dead. Over. Now pay as you go.

This is suck ball not UK ball
As I told Saul, this is semiprofessional college basketball. The UK ball you remember is gone. Died with NIL. Welcome to our new semipro team.

And by the way, this is how it’s been since 1958. When exactly is it you think UK was played.? Just curious

Last edited:
Again you evade with crap stats put 14 years end to end, a championship in the middle and you get and average of 7 years. Sorry. Crap stats suck. Feed me crap that’s what you get back.

Why you keep living in the past? That game is dead now. This is the NIL age. This is when players make their best deal. Crying about the past doesn’t help. Want better players, pony up. You have to buy them now. Want them to be loyal?? Buy it by paying 100 grand for photo. Don’t buy clothes or food from any business that doesn’t make a substantial contribution to Cats NIL. Old basketball is dead. Over. Now pay as you go.
You accuse Saul of living in the past yet you continue to cite a championship that’s over a decade old.

Hello pot, meet kettle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT