ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

CCIV jumped 26% today as the Lucid Motors merger gets much closer.

QS jumped 21%

I'm just now catching up with this merger plan with Lucid. However I have looked extensively at Lucid and my amateur opinion of this company is it is potentially a Tesla killer, or at least capable of giving the Model S a serious run for the money. They're claiming superior technology and a 600 mile plus range on their top end model and have already build a factory and manufactured some preproduction units - I think about 50 and should be rolling out the first units for sale soon.

I'm may jump in.

Reactions: jameslee32
I'm just now catching up with this merger plan with Lucid. However I have looked extensively at Lucid and my amateur opinion of this company is it is potentially a Tesla killer, or at least capable of giving the Model S a serious run for the money. They're claiming superior technology and a 600 mile plus range on their top end model and have already build a factory and manufactured some preproduction units - I think about 50 and should be rolling out the first units for sale soon.

I'm may jump in.
For those of you in CCIV. What is your plan. I don't have much, but have 650 shares and it's crazy how this is going.

• Wow
Reactions: Chuckinden
I have been watching closely and investing in a few cheap stocks $SEEL, $DFFN, $ASRT, $NOVN, and $LIFE.

For those of you in CCIV. What is your plan. I don't have much, but have 650 shares and it's crazy how this is going.

FWIW: If you have a "trader" mindset or have an overall "trade" objective, then you could consider using multiple trailing stops that would trigger a sell of a pre-defined # of shares (tranche) of what you own.

For illustrative purposes, you could use two different trailing stops, say one at 8% and the other 12%. The trailing stops would keep getting raised as the share price continues to ascend.

Another example is that you could use a sharp break below the 8-day EMA to sell off a partial % and then a break below the 13-day EMA as your "stop" out (sell) the rest.

If you want to give at least a partial % more room on a pull back, then after selling off a tranche at the 8-day or 13-day, or some at both, you could use the 21-day EMA as an overall "sell the rest" signal.

Observation: CCIV hasn't traded below its 13-day EMA since its breakout on Jan. 11th. It's briefly dipped below the 8-day EMA during intra-day trading on 4 or 5 occasions since Jan 11th, but has not closed below the 8-day EMA.

Just "thinking-out-loud" FWIW illustrative purposes if you are "trading" the issue, as opposed to "investing" or holding from a fundamental perspective.

Last edited:
Take a look at SENS a CGM system manufacturer ready to affect the diabetes treatment market (Think Descom only longer lasting Monitoring). Recent FDA approval of their product sold in the European market is primed to take off in the states.

Today it has gone from $.64 to $1.00+, biggest movement in the last 6 months for them due to this news. I got in at $.40 cents a while back.

Also, Medicare approved coverage and a few of the bigger private insurance companies have too. They are affiliated with Roche and now Ascensia in the Pharm world.

Good fortune on this one fellows.

Are you still in it or did you sell?

Anyone installed the Fidelity Mobile App on a tablet to trade fractional ETF shares? I've been trying and haven't been able to get it installed.

FWIW, passing on an observation made today by an experienced trader:

"The “three pillars” of the equity rally are all very much still in play BUT they’re now beginning to push Treasury yields higher and the SPX is taking note. The equity narrative is starting to evolve – for most of the last few months the debate was around the strength of the pillars, but now those ballasts aren’t coming under tremendous scrutiny. Instead, investors wonder WHAT level in 10-yr yields will place material pressure on stocks. Vital Knowledge continues to think the point is approaching (if it hasn’t been reached already) – 10-yr yields seem headed toward 1.5% very soon and that will erode at least some of the 2020 PE expansion process."

Reactions: lz
Are you still in it or did you sell?

I am all in on SENS....they are up over $5.00 today. Will ride this wave for the indefinite future.

They will supplant DEXCOM as the #1 CGM method for treating diabetes...it is only a matter of time. DEXCOM shares are over $400 a share last I looked. Take a look at SENS product and future plans. They have giant Pharma ROCHE and now Ascensia backing them too.

AS always time will tell....but his clock is ticking upward as we speak. Hope the WallStreetBets folks jump on board this ride too. And take it to the moon infinity and beyond.

Reactions: lz and DaytonKat
I am all in on SENS....they are up over $5.00 today. Will ride this wave for the indefinite future.

They will supplant DEXCOM as the #1 CGM method for treating diabetes...it is only a matter of time. DEXCOM shares are over $400 a share last I looked. Take a look at SENS product and future plans. They have giant Pharma ROCHE and now Ascensia backing them too.

AS always time will tell....but his clock is ticking upward as we speak. Hope the WallStreetBets folks jump on board this ride too. And take it to the moon infinity and beyond.

SENS is one that I would not have known about other than through Paul Mampilly and the basic Profits Unlimited monthly newsletter. He did a really good write-up on the fundamentals back in latter half 2019 (if memory serves me correctly). Stuck some LEAPS in "investment" account and let things play out (would have become frustrated if had put in "trading" account and likely sold, lol).

I have no problem in being introduced/exposed to the fundamental investment theme by others so that I can then dig deeper and consider if it's something of interest to me and fits into an objective.

Good work in sticking with SENS to let the fundamental story play out and the market catch-up to it, Mayoman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman and lz
Took some off of Uranium miner trades (CCJ, UEC and URG) to take some profits and manage position size (risk) after nice run up, but remain long-term bullish in this sector.

Took some off of Uranium miner trades (CCJ, UEC and URG) to take some profits and manage position size (risk) after nice run up, but remain long-term bullish in this sector.
Reckon anybody is taking some off of wind energy stocks after the Texas snowstorm snafu?

TSLA: Of interest will be whether it recovers to close back above the 21-day EMA in the near term (today thru rest of week), or breaches that 780.10 intra-day low from Jan 29th.

FWIW: Hasn't touched its 50-day SMA since mid-November, and prior to the last few days of trading, had only spent one-day of closing below the 21-day EMA during the same time period (since mid-November).

Also own Bitcoin and am very bullish. I think it will hit 100k before September.

Now that Tesla has bought in......and companies like Apple publicly backing Bitcoin verbally.....it's just a matter of time before it goes to the moon.

I wish I owned more Bitcoin.

Man, I hear ya. I put in about a $1000 when it was around $6000/coin.........I sold off all of it when it got close to $9000/coin. I was really proud of that gain........I wish I had it back because now I'm starting back over.

Now that Tesla has bought in......and companies like Apple publicly backing Bitcoin verbally.....it's just a matter of time before it goes to the moon.

I saw where people were speculating whether Tesla will make more profit from Bitcoin than they do from selling cars.

Found it interesting that people were discussing the notion of 1/2 trillion dollar company making more profit off of bitcoin than they do from their business operations.....irrespective of time frame.

Please, can you share with us where your are reading/hearing that info?

I sold some GIK yesterday after a price spike and then bought it back today at 14.3. We are nearing the formal merger so it might run up some.

Also, RIOT dipped to 60 during the market dump and has recovered to 70 ... still stuns me that RIOT hit 80 this week..

And, CCIV just doesn't quit .. it was up to 62 today.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Board as quiet as my snow covered neighborhood lately! Going downward isn’t fun in the stock market or slipping on ice!
FCEL has lost 10 points in 9 days. Bought more ICLN although FCEL isn't a Top 10 holding.

ALB taking a similar beating. Glad to have sold some higher.

I have been sledding outside and in the markets the last few days. Just riding the dip. Most of the bio stock I have slipped even on good news the last few days. I am not sweating though I got into most of them dirt cheap and I am still above my average cost quite a bit.

I wish I had bought more CAPA. CAPA, APPH, and CTRM are the only green I have today.

I only had a few shares of CAPA. I am destined to be a public servant forever. Lol.

Can't get much greener than 116%.
My position was small though. The power outage here caused me to miss selling another stock on Tuesday I had that was going to provide capital for more CAPA. I am I’m the other one now until its next news breaks.

Very strong end of the week for the Russell 2000. Many commodity, cannabis and EV stocks as well. Perhaps the recovery trade isn't quite dead yet. Hope your portfolio benefited. 🤙

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT