ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

I've had some longer term sells execute Friday and today. Sold a little IAC Friday after a triple in 7 months. Sold some MU today.

TD seems to be working okay but I've never seen a rally like this. Just incredible!

Anyone have back-up plans in case the Democrats steal the Senate seats from Georgia, North Carolina, and/or Alaska?

Made a pretty penny on alternate energy after Biden took the lead Wednesday and Thursday. Everything else is also gravy, thanks to McConnell and Senate Republicans. Wuhan virus paid off big time.

Anyone have back-up plans in case the Democrats steal the Senate seats from Georgia, North Carolina, and/or Alaska?

Alaska is pretty much a done deal for the GOP. And the GOP has a really good lead in NC. Sooo, it really comes down to Georgia's run-offs. Georgia is historically a very red state.....and the GOP candidates lost a good number of voters to other parties like Libertarian candidates, etc. Also, since Biden is now POTUS, it will likely cause GOP voters to come out in force to vote in the run-offs. Now, that being said, if the DNC did win both Georgia seats it would result in a 50-50 tie in the Senate. And with the House being even more balanced, grid-lock for the next 2 yrs is very likely. Grid lock is usually best case scenario for the stock market.....as the market likes consistency and lack of change.

However, if the DNC gets control of Congress with a Biden POTUS.......buy Chinese stocks (Nio, Baba, JD. SE, TCEHY, etc) and alternative energy (electric vehicles, wind, solar, etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
Seems I've been rebalancing for months now.

Since August and in preparation for retirement, I've been averaging into 4 of my Vanguard mutual funds and funding a new Roth IRA.

Also cut my FCNTX position in half over the past month and placed OTC sell orders on SPLK, MU and WY.

I've started to buy small cap healthcare and tech names in a new Fidelity trading account in addition to PLD in the Roth. On the lookout for trading stocks that don't have so much volatility as well.

Best of luck to traders and investors!

Seems I've been rebalancing for months now.

Since August and in preparation for retirement, I've been averaging into 4 of my Vanguard mutual funds and funding a new Roth IRA.

Also cut my FCNTX position in half over the past month and placed OTC sell orders on SPLK, MU and WY.

I've started to buy small cap healthcare and tech names in a new Fidelity trading account in addition to PLD in the Roth. On the lookout for trading stocks that don't have so much volatility as well.

Best of luck to traders and investors!
I’m 14 years into retirement, still love to mix mostly growth stocks in with some value. Keep us posted on your small cap picks, I currently like VSTO, SPWH, EDUC in that category.

Last edited:
I’m 14 years into retirement, still love to mix mostly growth stocks in with some value. Keep us posted on your small cap picks, I currently like VSTO, SPWH, EDUC in that category.
I should have said I'm looking for small cap healthcare.

Would love some VSTO or OLIN on a pullback.

I'm up about 25% on M and sold some INSG higher. Down <7% on the rest. IWM and STKL have been my big winners but also a long time holder of those.

Reactions: lz
I should have said I'm looking for small cap healthcare.

Would love some VSTO or OLIN on a pullback.

I'm up about 25% on M and sold some INSG higher. Down <7% on the rest. IWM and STKL have been my big winners but also a long time holder of those.
People sleeping on value stock EDUC, quality books (not texts) for kids, my nephew and niece have bought them for over 5 years for their kids. Also pays a 2.49% dividend, low PE, I suspect investors mistake it for being another online education company or something. Some recent yahoo comments:

grumpy1
50000 consultants on the books . Christmas season coming.!! I think they will do over $150 m in sales easily.

@grumpy1 You hit the nail on the head. Due to COVID my own wife is home schooling our first grader. She is also selling the heck out of Usborne Books as a fun hobby that pays. Our daughter loves the books.

Reactions: jameslee32
People sleeping on value stock EDUC, quality books (not texts) for kids, my nephew and niece have bought them for over 5 years for their kids. Also pays a 2.49% dividend, low PE, I suspect investors mistake it for being another online education company or something. Some recent yahoo comments:

grumpy1
50000 consultants on the books . Christmas season coming.!! I think they will do over $150 m in sales easily.

@grumpy1 You hit the nail on the head. Due to COVID my own wife is home schooling our first grader. She is also selling the heck out of Usborne Books as a fun hobby that pays. Our daughter loves the books.
I would say all the WFH stocks still have room to run with a 3rd wave of Covid here. Zoom is up huge again today. I would put EDUC and CHGG in a similar category although not the perfect comparison.

I would say all the WFH stocks still have room to run with a 3rd wave of Covid here. Zoom is up huge again today. I would put EDUC and CHGG in a similar category although not the perfect comparison.
Sort of, though I believe CHGG was almost pure distance learning when I once owned it and overpriced, EDUC more to supplement a child’s learning at home about a multitude of topics. Pretty successful well before Covid for young parents who learned about the company.

Sort of, though I believe CHGG was almost pure distance learning when I once owned it and overpriced, EDUC more to supplement a child’s learning at home about a multitude of topics. Pretty successful well before Covid for young parents who learned about the company.
My daughters school sells the same Scholastic Books as I read when I was in grade school. SCHL is the ticker but it has done nothing for a while while EDUC working on a 4 bagger it seems.

My daughters school sells the same Scholastic Books as I read when I was in grade school. SCHL is the ticker but it has done nothing for a while while EDUC working on a 4 bagger it seems.
Helps being the new “guy” in town perhaps. Gee, Scholastic the Go To supplemental book company back in the 1950s, didn’t realize it’s still around. My wife recently bought one of the affordable Usborne sticker books for an autistic great niece, quality material about animals and pretty in depth explanations for a fairly thin book. Perfect if she doesn’t chew the book first! HUGE catalog of variously priced books for kids, go to place for Christmas gifts and they already blew out last quarter’s EPS.

Reactions: jameslee32
I hate being 1 day late to the party. I already have NIO......which is now up 10.75% today. But I wanted to buy a small position in XPEV this morning but my limit order didn't take.......it's now up 29.70% this morning.

I hate being 1 day late to the party. I already have NIO......which is now up 10.75% today. But I wanted to buy a small position in XPEV this morning but my limit order didn't take.......it's now up 29.70% this morning.

Man, no pull back today.

Li +12.68%
Nio +4.53%
Xpev +4.53%

Correction. Now as 1:00pm things have changed.

Li +6.18%
Nio -5.03%
Xpev -3.06%

Last edited:

Ditto on XPEV. An article on Barrons tipped me off about them when it was selling at $19. I procrastinated and did not buy until it was @$22.50. So glad I did as it closed at $41.99 yesterday close of market. Looking for bigger return on this one. Thoughts?

With a Dem in the President slot look for the China EV stocks to take an upward spike.

And of course TESLA has such a head start on all of them....don't forget about them. Since the 5-1 split the stock is vacillating at about a +$100 upswing. I am still very bullish on TESLA. Anybody else?

Ditto on XPEV. An article on Barrons tipped me off about them when it was selling at $19. I procrastinated and did not buy until it was @$22.50. So glad I did as it closed at $41.99 yesterday close of market. Looking for bigger return on this one. Thoughts?

With a Dem in the President slot look for the China EV stocks to take an upward spike.

And of course TESLA has such a head start on all of them....don't forget about them. Since the 5-1 split the stock is vacillating at about a +$100 upswing. I am still very bullish on TESLA. Anybody else?

China’s gub’ment made a proclamation to be heavily in EV’s over the next decade. There’s plenty of room at the table for Tesla, Nio, Li, and Xpeng. I think all 4 will continue to grow massively over the next 3-5 yrs.

It’s worth noting that Tesla will need 2-3 yrs to get all their factories running.....so, the big money will come with time. And they’re not purely a car company. They’re more diversified than many know.

Reactions: Mayoman
Also, WKHS is an EV co. making vans and work utility vehicles that delivery companies like Amazon are using. They are worth of a look see too.

Not to be left out are the companies making the charging stations like BEEM and BLNK are at their early growth stages too at low prices! If you are going to jump on the EV train no time like the present.

Also, WKHS is an EV co. making vans and work utility vehicles that delivery companies like Amazon are using. They are worth of a look see too.

Not to be left out are the companies making the charging stations like BEEM and BLNK are at their early growth stages too at low prices! If you are going to jump on the EV train no time like the present.
BLNK & RIDE popped 26% today! Yuge!!

Reactions: Mayoman
RIDE. Bought about a month ago at 21.28. Rode it all the way down to 13. Broke 22 today.

I invested my max portfolio percentage for a single stock at 21.28 as I thought it was ready to pop. Held fast to my rule and did not buy more when it dipped.

Another lesson learned. Avg down or avg up instead of buying all at one time.

Last edited:
China’s gub’ment made a proclamation to be heavily in EV’s over the next decade. There’s plenty of room at the table for Tesla, Nio, Li, and Xpeng. I think all 4 will continue to grow massively over the next 3-5 yrs.

It’s worth noting that Tesla will need 2-3 yrs to get all their factories running.....so, the big money will come with time. And they’re not purely a car company. They’re more diversified than many know.

Yep, Solar roofs, batteries, and likely my guess: roadside charging stations for their EVs as well as home ones too!.

Plant opened in China now and soon in the Berlin, Germany area for the EU market and another one in the SW USA. They are in it for the long game for sure. Continued growth and market domination is in their future.

Not to mention Elon Musk is also CEO of Space X which hasn't gone public yet. Exciting times getting on his train.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
What is everyone's thoughts on Intel? Intel has Mobileye which is probably one of the world leaders for autonomous driving.......which is going to be HUGE! I haven't jumped into Intel yet because I'm just torn on them as a company. It's like they can't get their "ish" together.

I am exposed to autonomous driving through the EV companies, Qualcomm, etc.

What is everyone's thoughts on Intel? Intel has Mobileye which is probably one of the world leaders for autonomous driving.......which is going to be HUGE! I haven't jumped into Intel yet because I'm just torn on them as a company. It's like they can't get their "ish" together.

I am exposed to autonomous driving through the EV companies, Qualcomm, etc.
FCEL

RIDE. Bought about a month ago at 21.28. Rode it all the way down to 13. Broke 22 today.

I invested my max portfolio percentage for a single stock at 21.28 as I thought it was ready to pop. Held fast to my rule and did not buy more when it dipped.

Another lesson learned. Avg down or avg up instead of buying all at one time.
The exact same lesson for selling stocks afaic.

Reactions: Lamar Card
I've got a little cash sitting to the side waiting for the market to take some dips. The outbreaks keep escalating but the vaccine is around the corner. I guess I should stay patient. What do you guys think?

I've got a little cash sitting to the side waiting for the market to take some dips. The outbreaks keep escalating but the vaccine is around the corner. I guess I should stay patient. What do you guys think?
Patience good, though some tech stocks have already dropped, depends on your aim(s)!

I never recommend chasing stocks so I try to practice patience as well. But if you do decide to chase names in sectors that are on fire like electric vehicles, semiconductors, work-from-home and big box retail, I would start small and buy more on those dips.

ADVERTISEMENT