ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

Pot stocks making a bit of a jump today across the board. Hope it really drops next wk.....I'm looking to buy back in.

CGC? At what price, $45 maybe?

I sold the other day at $50 and change......making about 20% profit after taxes. So, if I buy back in under $50, I'm going to be ecstatic.....even if it drops further.

Right now it's at $48.88.

Like they often say, Monday buy, Friday sell......so, I'll likely give it the wkend and see what happens.

I sold the other day at $50 and change......making about 20% profit after taxes. So, if I buy back in under $50, I'm going to be ecstatic.....even if it drops further.

Right now it's at $48.88.

Like they often say, Monday buy, Friday sell......so, I'll likely give it the wkend and see what happens.
Being a new thing, nobody can give clear guidance except that CGC and TLRY will eventually drop like rocks. Meantime, some money can probably be made by trading. I read where all their products can’t be sold immediately, not sure why, guess supply lines, pricing, licensing, etc, ongoing the first year.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Being a new thing, nobody can give clear guidance except that CGC and TLRY will eventually drop like rocks. Meantime, some money can probably be made by trading. I read where all their products can’t be sold immediately, not sure why, guess supply lines, pricing, licensing, etc, ongoing the first year.

I know that some are saying that "starting January" is when things will pick up....the legalization, logistics, etc.

As far as valuations, I've heard that CGC is the most true of all the stocks out there. Tlry is the most off the mark. The trick will be figuring out which one (or more) will be valued greatly 5-10 yrs from now. CGC seems to be in the best position right now, but it could come from anywhere. But someone's stock is going to go nuts......there's waaaaay too much $ and opportunity not to.

Reactions: lz
I'd rather drink beer and smoke pot than invest in them but still keeping an eye on STZ.
They have a lot of debt, Cramer thinks ultimately their cannabis sales potential with their current huge alcoholic beverage sales will wipe out that debt.

Reactions: jameslee32
I know that some are saying that "starting January" is when things will pick up....the legalization, logistics, etc.

As far as valuations, I've heard that CGC is the most true of all the stocks out there. Tlry is the most off the mark. The trick will be figuring out which one (or more) will be valued greatly 5-10 yrs from now. CGC seems to be in the best position right now, but it could come from anywhere. But someone's stock is going to go nuts......there's waaaaay too much $ and opportunity not to.
Chuckled that CGC dropped two or three dollars the day after Cramer caved in and recommended buy at $50+.

They have a lot of debt, Cramer thinks ultimately their cannabis sales potential with their current huge alcoholic beverage sales will wipe out that debt.
Yeah it's a fine line to walk. Growth vs fundamentals. Probably depends on your timeline and what kind of account you have. Not sure STZ is an IRA stock yet I bet AMZN has become an IRA fave.

I held STZ in my IRA a few years, got out as the debt rose.

I held STZ in my IRA a few years, got out as the debt rose.
I have a couple high flyers also but make sure they're small enough that going to zero isn't a huge impact but 3x-5x my money could get up to 10% or so of the portfolio. Just have to get one to win.

I have a couple high flyers also but make sure they're small enough that going to zero isn't a huge impact but 3x-5x my money could get up to 10% or so of the portfolio. Just have to get one to win.
It will be interesting what happens going into the election, will Nasdaq stocks correct some more? I sort of hope they do.

It will be interesting what happens going into the election, will Nasdaq stocks correct some more? I sort of hope they do.
I agree. Selling doesn't always have to be a bad thing. Creates profits and opportunities also.

Reactions: lz
Well CGC is down to $42.50 and NBEV is back to $5 again.

Might be buying back in today or tomorrow and ride all the way back to the top.

What? You post here like 20 times a day, surely a buy takes less time than a post.

Oh well, it dropped a little more and I’m in.

My favorite stock, AMD, down 20% pre market. God I'd love to be whoever shorted that stock. Got in at 10$ sold a little over 20$ was kicking myself when it hit 30$+ now I don't feel so bad. Down to 18$ at 9am

My favorite stock, AMD, down 20% pre market. God I'd love to be whoever shorted that stock. Got in at 10$ sold a little over 20$ was kicking myself when it hit 30$+ now I don't feel so bad. Down to 18$ at 9am

When you looking to buy back in? Or are you?

When you looking to buy back in? Or are you?
Im looking to buy back in if it hits the 15-16 mark. I thought 20-25 was a solid ceiling for this fiscal year. Though I haven't read their earnings report yet, so I will have more info for you on whether to buy back in after that. AMD and NVDA have dropped like rocks and I feel like they should rebound.

Edit: AMD already back up to 20 as of 10am.

Im looking to buy back in if it hits the 15-16 mark. I thought 20-25 was a solid ceiling for this fiscal year. Though I haven't read their earnings report yet, so I will have more info for you on whether to buy back in after that. AMD and NVDA have dropped like rocks and I feel like they should rebound.

Edit: AMD already back up to 20 as of 10am.

Yahoo just put out an article saying to capitalize on NVDA now if can.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/buy-nvidia-stock-while-everyone-193030698.html

Yahoo just put out an article saying to capitalize on NVDA now if can.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/buy-nvidia-stock-while-everyone-193030698.html
I still own some, played it wrong lately, should have left it alone. I’m adding to my ADBE positions, good eps report behind them, unlike several stocks warning about tariffs next quarter. Bad October, sharp correction, but good, scary learning lesson about diversifying, over confidence, etc, particularly for those new to individual stock investing. At least no Bear market, so far, where this tumbling lasts a long time.

The CGC CEO crushed it in an interview yesterday on his stock taking a hit.

Basically said it was nothing because their sales are through the roof and they can’t keep inventory.

Said it’s basically people taking their profits and running for now just to find out later they could have made more.

He laughed at the idea of marijuana not being profitable and/or it going away so long term they plan on expanding by ALOT.

I still own some, played it wrong lately, should have left it alone. I’m adding to my ADBE positions, good eps report behind them, unlike several stocks warning about tariffs next quarter. Bad October, sharp correction, but good, scary learning lesson about diversifying, over confidence, etc, particularly for those new to individual stock investing. At least no Bear market, so far, where this tumbling lasts a long time.
Not much tariff exposure for companies in software/cloud. I stopped buying anyway then apparently the algo's stopped selling. Doh!

Not much tariff exposure for companies in software/cloud. I stopped buying anyway then apparently the algo's stopped selling. Doh!
My wife’s IRBT got hit re: tariffs, not sure why my ALGN got crushed today, perhaps lower cost competitors have decent alternative dental tech solutions, eps forward guidance took me totally by surprise.

The CGC CEO crushed it in an interview yesterday on his stock taking a hit.

Basically said it was nothing because their sales are through the roof and they can’t keep inventory.

Said it’s basically people taking their profits and running for now just to find out later they could have made more.

He laughed at the idea of marijuana not being profitable and/or it going away so long term they plan on expanding by ALOT.

One thing that really got me excited was that I read an article recently where a guy for Aurora or Tilray said that legalization for the US is a lot closer than people realize. Now, certainly a representative for a company having a rose colored outlook is to be expected, but it did get me excited.

It's worth noting that beside Paraguay, Canada is the only other large country in the world that has legalized. This means that companies like CGC have a MASSIVE opportunity to corner the business before the other entities in the world jump into the water.

My wife’s IRBT got hit re: tariffs, not sure why my ALGN got crushed today, perhaps lower cost competitors have decent alternative dental tech solutions, eps forward guidance took me totally by surprise.
Or risk is back on. Healthcare is usually a safe haven.

Well I’d say he is closer to right than wrong.

America is just capatilists and trying to line the right pockets before going all in. Personally I would have thought that was the tobacco guys, but it seems to be the pharmaceutical guys instead which is a lot harder to sort out, IMO.

But with 5 states profiting like crazy it’s only a matter of time.

AMZN missed sales on their eps late today, surprising, most techs down after hours, some good buys likely but be careful of falling knives.[devil]

I think AMZN will see 2,100, possibly 2,200 before the opening day of baseball season. I've owned it since 2006, when my wife basically did all our Christmas Shopping without leaving home, and when I asked her if shipping costs weren't killing us told me we were "Amazon Prime" customers. When I looked up what that meant, I was a believer.
I’m still a believer, but like WMT, companies can eventually get so big, their growth drops, someday that will happen to AMZN.

When has anyone ever cared about AMZN earnings? What a weird market!
“The company gave fourth-quarter revenue guidance in the range of $66.5 billion and $72.5 billion, well-below consensus of $73.79 billion. The fourth quarter is the biggest and most important sales period for Amazon because of the holidays.”

AMZN will come out of it by continuing to increase ads and cloud sales, couple of headwinds the 4th quarter with their post office rate increase and their increased hourly wage rates per the CEO.

Yeah sounds like the guidance or operating expenses morsoe than earnings. Nobody cares about that until they stop growing meaning nobody has up to this point. No doubt held to a different standard.

Might be time to buy some stuff soon. I wonder about stocks like Amazon. I just really dont know how much bigger they can get and compared to their price they hardly make any profit at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT