ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

I have 500 shares of that at $7.50 a share.

It’s the most affordable stock with just as good of a chance to blow up as any other. When I say blow up I don’t mean the stock, I mean the company which will give the stock value.

That is the stock I mentioned a few days ago that is tied to Coca Cola, and based on the news today I think Coca Cola wanted to partner with a group that could prove it would get into America. Today they announced those plans and I wouldn’t be urprised if the partnership was leaked last week, and comes through in the next few months.

That’s all speculation and I hope that is obvious. What’s not speculation is they have the space and growth opportunity.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Anyone in on AZN? Another medical stock tied to diabetes, and hits home again.

I’m buying in the morning, and set it to market so I don’t forget. Hope I don’t get screwed there but it is a nice play while waiting on CGC to go down.

I don’t understand IPO’s. I looked at SVMK (after that post last night) this morning before my AZN purchase went through and TDAmeritrade didn’t recognize it as a stock.

So I assume the IPO is not available to all traders?

With it being tied to Salesforce, and Salesforce being tied to apple one would assume anything they do right now is going to profit.

Not to mention the tech conference in California this week should also help boost its initial buys.

Sure it's old news but TLRY has stopped going down.
I noticed one of the newer ETFs needed to invest in TLRY plus added shares of several others, also suspect that $100 was a temporary magic number for speculators. I was going to buy an energy stock, feel late to the party, nibbling at BIO and with C’mas coming, ATVI.

Reactions: jameslee32
I noticed one of the newer ETFs needed to invest in TLRY plus added shares of several others, also suspect that $100 was a temporary magic number for speculators. I was going to buy an energy stock, feel late to the party, nibbling at BIO and with C’mas coming, ATVI.
Not sure where I'd put new money to work in the energy sector. One alternative name could be close to bottoming, WM. It had a huge spike in July that is just started to get filled back lower. They turn household and commercial waste into energy.

Another name I've done very well in is MPC but you don't get much of a pullback lately and I'm not sure how hedged they are either so fundamentally rising oil prices can't be good for them long term. It does seem to take a hit after earnings though.

I'll be in TTWO for the long term btw, not just until Christmas.

Reactions: lz
Not sure where I'd put new money to work in the energy sector. One alternative name could be close to bottoming, WM. It had a huge spike in July that is just started to get filled back lower. They turn household and commercial waste into energy.

Another name I've done very well in is MPC but you don't get much of a pullback lately and I'm not sure how hedged they are either so fundamentally rising oil prices can't be good for them long term. It does seem to take a hit after earnings though.

I'll be in TTWO for the long term btw, not just until Christmas.
I have WM on my watch list to consider buying at $85.

TLRY making a huge comeback. Hell of a ride!!
CGC going down, go figure.:flushed: TLRY and ATVI should take care of my Christmas presents this year. CGC perfect for accumulation. I’m ready to get past the elections and get true investors back here talking stocks!

Last edited:
Yea, I was soooo wrong!

Just looking for a quick homer in over here!

NBEV is back up some, but not yet near that $10 a share mark they almost hit.

AZN has steadily grown at a very small amount each day. I like that.

I’m ready to fast forward to these midterms and see what shakes out from there.

Looking good on that call, James!
I have developed an appreciation for technical analysis over the years but far from an expert. Once I retire I can see myself as more of trader just for these type situations. I hope. But I also know you win some and you lose some.

Reactions: lz
Sure am glad Cramer agrees with me that CGC is the only pot stock to own. Meanwhile NBEV is all the way back up and I guess I’m going to sell high now.

Not really. I’m up 2-1/2 times my original investment. It could go up more and I’ll sell 100 of my 250 shares to break even and the rest will be house money no matter what.

Then I’ll probably sell my EVOP or AZN position and buy back into CGC a it hovers $48 a share.

I’d like to wait and get it at $45-47 but where it is today is close enough.

What are some sectors that we need to watch in the decades to come? And what companies are the ones to watch?

For example:

1. Space/rocketry - SpaceX. Space is going to be profitable in some way. If not, the technology to launch and land rockets has to be worth something.

2. Robotics. I think we’ll see robots in every home within the next 20-30 yrs.

What are some sectors that we need to watch in the decades to come? And what companies are the ones to watch?

For example:

1. Space/rocketry - SpaceX. Space is going to be profitable in some way. If not, the technology to launch and land rockets has to be worth something.

2. Robotics. I think we’ll see robots in every home within the next 20-30 yrs.
I have ISRG and IRBT for the long haul in the robot space. ROBO a good ETF if you prefer the slow, steady route.
Probably get something in the gaming sector, ATVI or TIVO, gambling, PENN or BYD, cannabis, of course, CGC, software, ADBE, CRM, medical, ALGN, JNJ, AI sector, maybe NVDA, continuing success, AMZN, AAPL, cloud, most anything.

Last edited:
NBEV tanking again after hours before I can sell.

Wish I had that depth of knowledge in this game. Starting out it takes all I got to manage the 5 stocks stave I got!

Anybody jump in and grab those lower priced stocks?[devil] Heh, heh, problem always is that the ones we want to sell also go down, so we don’t have as much money as we hoped to buy those that are down. Ideally, one raises cash well in advance and then patiently picks up shares of those stocks wanted. I try to do that but rarely have risked buying enough shares of those stocks that really zoomed...ain’t easy.

I bought CGC 2 days ago when it hit just above $45 but then I sold it today up about $3.50 a share and cashed everything out until the election.

I hit for roughly 1600 in all of a month maybe a few days more. I’m content there until later.

Anybody jump in and grab those lower priced stocks?[devil] Heh, heh, problem always is that the ones we want to sell also go down, so we don’t have as much money as we hoped to buy those that are down. Ideally, one raises cash well in advance and then patiently picks up shares of those stocks wanted. I try to do that but rarely have risked buying enough shares of those stocks that really zoomed...ain’t easy.
I'm ready to add to 2 of my favorites if possible, V and CSCO. More worried about adding to IWM if the trade talks get settled. Plus it's grown to one of my biggest positions.

I bought CGC 2 days ago when it hit just above $45 but then I sold it today up about $3.50 a share and cashed everything out until the election.

I hit for roughly 1600 in all of a month maybe a few days more. I’m content there until later.

Net of taxes?

I'm ready to add to 2 of my favorites if possible, V and CSCO. More worried about adding to IWM if the trade talks get settled. Plus it's grown to one of my biggest positions.
I was tempted back into CSCO and AAPL, guess I need them lower, did buy C and GS recently, hoping to get a good boost in big financials, already have some BRK.B. To hear today’s talk, we can forget the US and China talking seriously for possibly a long time. I’ve avoided etfs lately, but got some PPA today, good one for defense and aerospace stocks I’ve owned off and on over the years. Sold my ENSG, PGTI, and two pet stocks, back into ZTS for pets.

Net of taxes?

Who gives a shit? You pay taxes when only when there is a profit so whatever.

I did attempt to withdraw the full amount and was granted about $300 less which I’ll figure out I’m sure. Seemed to be close to 18% or so of profit so maybe they take that?

Again it’s a profit so who cares, but I just assumed I’d get a 1099 type form like I do from the bank each year.

Who gives a shit? You pay taxes when only when there is a profit so whatever.

I did attempt to withdraw the full amount and was granted about $300 less which I’ll figure out I’m sure. Seemed to be close to 18% or so of profit so maybe they take that?

Again it’s a profit so who cares, but I just assumed I’d get a 1099 type form like I do from the bank each year.

Was just asking if you are figuring taxes into your calculation, calm down hoss. And no, they don’t withhold taxes on the sale of stock.

I was tempted back into CSCO and AAPL, guess I need them lower, did buy C and GS recently, hoping to get a good boost in big financials, already have some BRK.B. To hear today’s talk, we can forget the US and China talking seriously for possibly a long time. I’ve avoided etfs lately, but got some PPA today, good one for defense and aerospace stocks I’ve owned off and on over the years. Sold my ENSG, PGTI, and two pet stocks, back into ZTS for pets.
I will gladly take V and CSCO $2 lower and scale into them again. Think I'll let IWM ride and sell 10-15% higher if possible.

Defense had a nice day today but I've played it so wrong. I still own half a position in GE that's just now getting a small boost with a new CEO. I don't trust it enough to buy more. ZTS seems like a good pick at this time because like V, it rarely gets hit.

No, 1600 was gross.

Let’s pretend you’ve ever posted to me without mocking me in any way possible.

I’ll try to remember this 1 time moving forward there is a chance!

Krazy, I’m new to this too. If you sell the stock without holding it for 1 year, then that $1600 will be added to your gross income and taxed at whatever bracket you fall in to. It doesn’t matter if you reinvest it immediately like you can real estate.

If you hold for more than a year, then it is taxed at he capital gains rate.

If I’m incorrect, then I’m sure one of the more knowledgeable posters will correct me.

That’s probably how it will work I’m sure, but I currently overpay into my taxes now at 84 because EVO Payments treats me as a 1099 and I’m trying to overcome that some.

My investment profits aren’t that big to worry about.

I’m more worried that for some reason they kept ~250 on my withdraw.

Are we having fun lately?[devil] Me, either, though we could get some buys sooner than we thought on growth stocks if we dare.:pimp:

Reactions: BlueRaider22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT