ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

Feed in slowly, time for me to move into other areas, particularly after the elections or THE big correction whenever that happens in the next week or decade.:sunglasses:

I’ve been on a big “feed my dividend” kick lately....PG, JNJ, Coke, etc. So, I like the advice about BP above. Until the “next” hot lead comes up, I’ll get back to feeding the beast.

Reactions: lz
I’ve been on a big “feed my dividend” kick lately....PG, JNJ, Coke, etc. So, I like the advice about BP above. Until the “next” hot lead comes up, I’ll get back to feeding the beast.
Now you’re playing it wise, most hot ones either don’t pan out or my timing has been wrong over the many years, I particularly have been a sucker for medical stocks, some have worked out, more haven’t!

Now you’re playing it wise, most hot ones either don’t pan out or my timing has been wrong over the many years, I particularly have been a sucker for medical stocks, some have worked out, more haven’t!

I normally play it fairly conservative. Leaving out my retirement and college funds, my investments are about 60% assorted mutual funds, 30% of individual but mostly safe stocks (like Coke, etc), and only 10% of risky plays.....like CGC. So, if I lose on the riskier plays it doesn’t hurt too much. I will say my 10% are the most exciting though.

Reactions: jameslee32 and lz
EOG has been my best oil E&P name. I have owned the integrated BP longer and would be in as deep as the Deepwater Horizon if not for the dividend.

EOG has been my best oil E&P name. I have owned the integrated BP longer and would be in as deep as the Deepwater Horizon if not for the dividend.
I had EOG several years ago, wish I had held!

Those who are invested in CGC or other cannabis stocks, are you looking to hold on to them or sell high soon once recreational use becomes legal in Canada mid-October?

Those who are invested in CGC or other cannabis stocks, are you looking to hold on to them or sell high soon once recreational use becomes legal in Canada mid-October?

I think Cramer thinks they’re gonna crash in October.....which would be a good time to sell/buy. I’m probably not going to worry about it. If the price drops, I’ll probably buy in more. But I’m gonna hold long term. I think the US will go legal within the next 7-10 yrs.

Those are my exact thoughts.

If it crashes I’ll use another buy in to drop my overall price.

What all the analyst see is that marijuana will not be as profitable once it’s legal......which is plain ignorant view because Colorado is sending its taxpayers refunds because it has so much damn surplus!

Margins do not matter once this kind of volume is involved. I tell my manager everyday when he prices my bids out and I drop them lower 100% of the time because lower margins increase revenue.

And anyone who thinks marijuana isn’t going to be flying off the shelves is just not capable of looking past their nose.

I think the selling high is over for now unless a person is a day trader, particularly CGC, one to accumulate on drops, IMHO. The more volatile ones like TLRY are still dropping, I would not buy them until buyers finally see value, for TLRY could be at $100, could be at $30, we don’t know.

Last edited:
Those are my exact thoughts.

If it crashes I’ll use another buy in to drop my overall price.

What all the analyst see is that marijuana will not be as profitable once it’s legal......which is plain ignorant view because Colorado is sending its taxpayers refunds because it has so much damn surplus!

Margins do not matter once this kind of volume is involved. I tell my manager everyday when he prices my bids out and I drop them lower 100% of the time because lower margins increase revenue.

And anyone who thinks marijuana isn’t going to be flying off the shelves is just not capable of looking past their nose.

Agreed. It’s also not just recreational use. They are just scratching the surface for medical usage. Then there’s drinks, foods, etc. Then there’s alternative uses like clean burning fuels, etc.

Went ahead and dumped CGC......I lie it but don’t want to guess when it’s going down vs it being leveled out. Hopefully it does go down soon.

AMRN went from $3 to $12 today out of nowhere.

No clue anything about them what so ever but that is a huge day!

Guess you like seeing others lose? Good for you.

It will bounce back, no worries

FYI you can get CBD in a vile for $60 next to my work right now OTC. And it isn’t very much of it either, and the person I know that does it for his grandmother swears it works.

I’d like to see where Coca Cola ends up on this because if they wait to long one of these other groups are going to be all over it.

Guess you like seeing others lose? Good for you.

It will bounce back, no worries
Sometimes in the trading world you lose, you can drive yourself crazy or you can laugh and bounce back, kind of like UK football.

Reactions: ekywildcat
Oh NBEV will bounce back. I haven’t lost yet unless you consider what CGC has gone up today a loss since I sold yday, but I sold up $2 a share and plan to buy back in when I see the drop back to around $40 a share in October.

AMRN has just skyrocketed. I wanted to buy in this morning but got a surprise chance opportunity and could t miss it so I forgot.

Now up $1.81 a share already today and I’m not sure I’m too late after yday $9.40 a share hike.

Oh well......I got $5000 I need to get back in play.

Krazy, you’re after the quick, stressful big one, it seems, no criticism, just getting an idea, guess I thought you were accumulating CGC?

No, you are right, I’m in it for the long haul but I do see a huge drop and don’t see a reason to lose money in the next few weeks.

So if I can find some to make a few hundred until then I will and sell it off when I’m ready to buy back in.

The NBEV and ACBFF positions I hold now are so cheap it’s no big deal, but I got into CGC at $49.50 and made about $200. I see it going down to abut $40 a share and gradually growing into the $70-100 range over the next year or so after that.

So I took a profit, and look to buy in at a lower cost instead of losing over the next few weeks.

If that makes sense. After that I’ll be in and either add money to my account for additional buys or sell off other stocks.

No, you are right, I’m in it for the long haul but I do see a huge drop and don’t see a reason to lose money in the next few weeks.

So if I can find some to make a few hundred until then I will and sell it off when I’m ready to buy back in.

The NBEV and ACBFF positions I hold now are so cheap it’s no big deal, but I got into CGC at $49.50 and made about $200. I see it going down to abut $40 a share and gradually growing into the $70-100 range over the next year or so after that.

So I took a profit, and look to buy in at a lower cost instead of losing over the next few weeks.

If that makes sense. After that I’ll be in and either add money to my account for additional buys or sell off other stocks.
Good discipline, though CGC might not make it down to $40 and right now the only “somewhat stable” stock in that category.

Maybe not, but I’ll get back in lower than I was. They are long to take a hit because the media is playing a filthy dirty game of downplaying the market.

I’ve not seen a positive article since TLRY was around $250 and all systems were a go just before they took a dive. Some poor dolt really got taken to the cleaners there.

Of course they gave the CGC CEO 3 minutes on Cramer to tell the world they weren’t trying to be TLRY and would grow slowly but surely and we’re not trying to overextend themselves........and then his time on TV was over!

Maybe I’m just paranoid, but the TV folks just really seem to be pushing the market into the toilet and it’s odd AF.

So that said, it will go down.

Maybe not, but I’ll get back in lower than I was. They are long to take a hit because the media is playing a filthy dirty game of downplaying the market.

I’ve not seen a positive article since TLRY was around $250 and all systems were a go just before they took a dive. Some poor dolt really got taken to the cleaners there.

Of course they gave the CGC CEO 3 minutes on Cramer to tell the world they weren’t trying to be TLRY and would grow slowly but surely and we’re not trying to overextend themselves........and then his time on TV was over!

Maybe I’m just paranoid, but the TV folks just really seem to be pushing the market into the toilet and it’s odd AF.

So that said, it will go down.
Doesn’t do any good to blame tv or Wall Street or anybody else, I just make judgments, place my bets and have won more than I’ve lost for 30 years. A few people apologized because a tip went sour, I rarely use them, but I tell them it was still on me.

I get that but, the everyday person who wants to try to play the market leans on the media and after days of telling them it’s a loser they pull out.

Then the money guys buy low and watch the sheep come back to make them rich.

Not saying your wrong but you can’t find a positive story on TV or online in about 2 weeks, and 3 weeks ago was the boom but even then everyone that has a show advising stock picks was calling for at least a 25% drop.

It will happen, IMO, and I may be wrong.

Regardless I’ll be bad in on CGC soon enough.

I get that but, the everyday person who wants to try to play the market leans on the media and after days of telling them it’s a loser they pull out.

Not saying your wrong but you can’t find a positive story on TV or online in about 2 weeks, and 3 weeks ago was the boom but even then everyone that has a show advising stock picks was calling for at least a 25% drop.

Nothing positive? At all?:flushed::flushed:

So, you’re only reading about cannabis stocks? Kind of old news for many investors, this week they are talking oil prices, int rate increases (banks), buyouts, etc. High volume day traders playing with TLRY, first leg down looks around $100, next stop maybe $75, then $50, then a price may get set until EPS comes out on it.

What? Yea ok you were talking about my stance on CGC and my opinion on marijuana stocks and CGC not dropping to $40 a share.

I gave you links that backed up the media’s negativity as to why I’m sure it will drop and then you bring up oil and interest rates.

So yes interest rates are a reason I have cash and am in no rush to dive into something until after Wednesday.

F day traders, they don’t care about the value of a company.

Oil? Cool, no thanks

What? Yea ok you were talking about my stance on CGC and my opinion on marijuana stocks and CGC not dropping to $40 a share.

I gave you links that backed up the media’s negativity as to why I’m sure it will drop and then you bring up oil and interest rates.

So yes interest rates are a reason I have cash and am in no rush to dive into something until after Wednesday.

F day traders, they don’t care about the value of a company.

Oil? Cool, no thanks
No more investing talk from me to you, you have your own way figured out, I’ll talk to others.

Good job by you guys that made money off this super short squeeze.

I just sat and marveled. Too volatile for my blood.

Question: When you say long-term holding, what do you mean by that?
I usually mean 5-infinite number of years.

I bought in to CGC around $40, so if it goes down back to $40 I’ll be even. So I’ll stay and look long term.....if it goes down I might accumulate.

Two slow days for stocks and an interest rate increase looming so most people are scaling back.

Not sure where lz is coming from but I feel like I’ve been consistent in that I’m no pro, and I’m having fun while trying to make a few bucks with spare cash.

When I say long term I’ll probably be buying and selling for years. If I fell like something is hitting a high i’ll sell and get back in when I can.

If something like Salesforce takes off after announcing they partnered with apple then I’d hold for awhile, but even then I’d sell a portion when up a lot to protect my earnings.

- I’m think $40 based on the ideas of others that pt stocks will drop 25%. I think long term they are the tech stocks from the early 2000’s

There are TV people, analysts and columnists that have hated this market since the Dow was at 7000.

ADVERTISEMENT