ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2025 Recruiting

I saw a mention about facilities..,,Just wondering if improvements to the indoor facility are coming along? Any upgrades to Kroger Field being planned?

With this class we are assembling, the small portion of our fanbase who since Dec have been saying "guess Stoops is checked out now, tried to leave for a&m, he won't put in the work here anymore, he is coasting" look incredibly silly.

This staff has had a history of doing this.

Micah Johnson wasn't from Kentucky
Well, if we aren’t gonna count Johnson since he’s a military kid, despite graduating from a Kentucky High School and the question being about in-state recruiting and not where they were born, then the 24/7 composite’s all-time rankings will rank Campbell as our highest ranked in-state defensive commit in the internet rankings era. He’s just ahead of Matt Elam at #16 overall on that list.

Not sure which Edwards you mean? Kalen only has one FC and one CB and both are to UK. He is down to Auburn who he decommitted from, UK, and UL. Two reports are out that say UK has taken the lead.

Not sure which Edwards you mean? Kalen only has one FC and one CB and both are to UK. He is down to Auburn who he decommitted from, UK, and UL. Two reports are out that say UK has taken the lead.
@SPECT imaging
Know him and my best friend is one of his mentors. I’ve pushed hard for UK while respecting his wanting to stay quiet. Since it’s coming down to it, I believe he’s going to pick Louisville. For some reason and it’s unclear why, he’s always been a fan of Louisville. His hometown is over 4 hours away and there are no Louisville connections there either so it’s always been weird to me. My best friend who is extremely, extremely close to him thinks it’s Louisville. If I had money on it I’d 100% put it down on Louisville.

A few days ago my friend who mentors him said Big K told him his pick was going to surprise everyone. Not totally sure what that means, but it makes me think probably Tennessee might have come in late. He was always high on UT too. Maybe Kentucky getting the late visit would be it but the way it sounded would be like a team no one is talking about so that’s why I’m thinking UT might have made a late push.

Hate it I wanted to see him at UK and it’s still possible but I’ll believe it when I see it. Not a terrible chance I don’t think especially if we made a good NIL late I suppose.

He’s a great kid. Challenging home life and works his ass off / completely stays out of trouble. I really hope I’m wrong. If I hear anything in the next few days I’ll update. I’ve tried to respect his privacy through the year because he didn’t want much out.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Deeeefense
@SPECT imaging
Know him and my best friend is one of his mentors. I’ve pushed hard for UK while respecting his wanting to stay quiet. Since it’s coming down to it, I believe he’s going to pick Louisville. For some reason and it’s unclear why, he’s always been a fan of Louisville. His hometown is over 4 hours away and there are no Louisville connections there either so it’s always been weird to me. My best friend who is extremely, extremely close to him thinks it’s Louisville. If I had money on it I’d 100% put it down on Louisville.

A few days ago my friend who mentors him said Big K told him his pick was going to surprise everyone. Not totally sure what that means, but it makes me think probably Tennessee might have come in late. He was always high on UT too. Maybe Kentucky getting the late visit would be it but the way it sounded would be like a team no one is talking about so that’s why I’m thinking UT might have made a late push.

Hate it I wanted to see him at UK and it’s still possible but I’ll believe it when I see it. Not a terrible chance I don’t think especially if we made a good NIL late I suppose.

He’s a great kid. Challenging home life and works his ass off / completely stays out of trouble. I really hope I’m wrong. If I hear anything in the next few days I’ll update. I’ve tried to respect his privacy through the year because he didn’t want much out.
Here again, why would any defensive kid want to play for a coach like Brohm or Chumlee who has such a disdain for D? Just makes no sense.

I saw a mention about facilities..,,Just wondering if improvements to the indoor facility are coming along? Any upgrades to Kroger Field being planned?
I think converting the indoor to 100% football and removing the track was finished last yr before the season started? Could be mistaken.

Reactions: vhcat70
Here again, why would any defensive kid want to play for a coach like Brohm or Chumlee who has such a disdain for D? Just makes no sense.

It makes no sense, but it happens all over the country every week. But the flip side is why would an offensive player want to play for Kirby or Stoops who won't let their kids pad their numbers like multiple coaches do? Just yesterday, a kid we were recruiting hard was deciding, a LB who everyone thought was down to FSU and UGA, out of no where the kid picks Arkansas who he had visited 1 time. That is one hard to figure, staff is likely gone, hasn't been there much, they weren't even in his final 3. As soon as someone figures out why kids do what they do, they will be a rich person.

It’s baffled me and has for over a year that he’s always been a UL fan. There’s simply no reason for it. No UL family, no UL connections with coaches, no UL fans in the area, nothing. I don’t know.

I’ve been saying over and over why in the world would he do that and there’s never a good answer. It’s just always he’s likes them for a long time. I’ve even said to explain the SEC is where you want to be but I’ve been told he’s been convinced he can be a pro without the conference affiliation. The fact that UL is still on his “final 3” (or 4) makes me think they’re going to end up with it.

We really did come in late for that visit to take place so maybe we’re the surprise it just didn’t sound like it to me. A lot of people think UK so why would we be the surprise? Gonna check around today and see if I can get anything. Really want him at UK.

It’s baffled me and has for over a year that he’s always been a UL fan. There’s simply no reason for it. No UL family, no UL connections with coaches, no UL fans in the area, nothing. I don’t know.

I’ve been saying over and over why in the world would he do that and there’s never a good answer. It’s just always he’s likes them for a long time. I’ve even said to explain the SEC is where you want to be but I’ve been told he’s been convinced he can be a pro without the conference affiliation. The fact that UL is still on his “final 3” (or 4) makes me think they’re going to end up with it.

We really did come in late for that visit to take place so maybe we’re the surprise it just didn’t sound like it to me. A lot of people think UK so why would we be the surprise? Gonna check around today and see if I can get anything. Really want him at UK.
UK coaches have a strong reputation across the country as some of the best to develop guys into pro players. Most players want to be pro's and get rich. Why would a guy like this take a chance like that? And not just that but playing with and against so many semi pro's could only help the chance of sticking when they get there.

UK coaches have a strong reputation across the country as some of the best to develop guys into pro players. Most players want to be pro's and get rich. Why would a guy like this take a chance like that? And not just that but playing with and against so many semi pro's could only help the chance of sticking when

Agree and have no idea. As of this morning he has made his pick and is saying it’ll surprise people. Hoping UK snatched him in the visit with a strong offer and he’s thinking picking UK over favorites UL and UA would be a “surprise”. It’s still very possible. I’m gonna stick with UL they’ve been his favorite from the beginning and they’re still there. Really upsetting he’s such a high character guy and he’s too good of a person to play for that university. His story is really not normal.

Memphis is apparently out they made a good offer and he still said no. Thought maybe they could be the big surprise but nah

• Haha
Reactions: Davae9
It makes no sense, but it happens all over the country every week. But the flip side is why would an offensive player want to play for Kirby or Stoops who won't let their kids pad their numbers like multiple coaches do? Just yesterday, a kid we were recruiting hard was deciding, a LB who everyone thought was down to FSU and UGA, out of no where the kid picks Arkansas who he had visited 1 time. That is one hard to figure, staff is likely gone, hasn't been there much, they weren't even in his final 3. As soon as someone figures out why kids do what they do, they will be a rich person.
Yeah, that's Wallace whose brother played at UK. When I saw that I had to reread it a couple of times to see that I got it right. Five'll getcha ten he'll be the first kid in the portal later this year.

Reactions: catben
Yeah, that's Wallace whose brother played at UK. When I saw that I had to reread it a couple of times to see that I got it right. Five'll getcha ten he'll be the first kid in the portal later this year.

Arky writer and most of their fans think he bails before signing day. He was expected to sign with FSU and some of their comments were pretty funny. A couple examples, why go there, no development, FSU doesn't develope, they bring in from the portal, and this one takes the cake, going to Arky and never play for a championship. A 13-0 FSU doesn't play for a championship, guarantee a 13-0 Arky is in the playoffs. They pretend the Orange bowl and 63-3 never happened. My one complaint is Kirby didn't go for 100 against those roster tampering seminoles, but he took it easy on them.

But a side not, FSU had big ambition of getting in BIg10 when they get out of ACC, the only issue is they aren't getting an invite. So when they manage to break away from ACC, I really hope they get stuck as an independent or have to join a group conference.

Reactions: mrschwump
Arky writer and most of their fans think he bails before signing day. He was expected to sign with FSU and some of their comments were pretty funny. A couple examples, why go there, no development, FSU doesn't develope, they bring in from the portal, and this one takes the cake, going to Arky and never play for a championship. A 13-0 FSU doesn't play for a championship, guarantee a 13-0 Arky is in the playoffs. They pretend the Orange bowl and 63-3 never happened. My one complaint is Kirby didn't go for 100 against those roster tampering seminoles, but he took it easy on them.

But a side not, FSU had big ambition of getting in BIg10 when they get out of ACC, the only issue is they aren't getting an invite. So when they manage to break away from ACC, I really hope they get stuck as an independent or have to join a group conference.
All I had heard all Spring re Wallace was FSU, FSU, FSU. Do wonder what happened there.

Grumpy,
I find conference realgnment facinating, so I read most articles and watch almost every video, on the subject. FSU will either be in the SEC or the BIG. I fully expect FSU to notify the the ACC that they are leaving the conference before August 15th.

Ghah!!! Edwards commit is shocking!!!! Yeehaw! Some dude been posting (spamming) on here this week that he knew the kid and he loved Louisville.

T Wallace must have gotten one of those Tyson NIL bags that Calipari thought only he could use. Foolish career decision.

Ghah!!! Edwards commit is shocking!!!! Yeehaw! Some dude been posting (spamming) on here this week that he knew the kid and he loved Louisville.

T Wallace must have gotten one of those Tyson NIL bags that Calipari thought only he could use. Foolish career decision.

I wasn’t spamming anything. He did lol. I know him and the family that is very close to him. He’s a great kid very challenging situation. Grew up liking Louisville 100%. Maybe he’ll talk about it. He kept saying his pick is gong to shock everyone and that’s what I assume happened since he knew we all thought he liked Louisville it would be a shock. Yesterday was a good day because I’ve been wanting him at UK for 2 years. Re-read my post if that’s slamming you then lol. No spam man.

As I said our (mine and Big K’s) hometown is nowhere near Louisville. We’re around no one from Louisville and I’ve never even see a Louisville fan in my area (lots of UK). So it never made sense to me, but I think Louisville’s staff hit him early and so he started watching them. Nonetheless, he’s a cat and I was wild all day yesterday.

Last edited:
Yea, that's not happening with them not being an AAU member. But assuming they won't & SEC doesn't offer - I hope not - then B12 would be better than ACC imo.

I think when the chips fall FSU will be in the SEC for sure and probably should be. UF/FSU game and the state of Florida squarely in the SEC. Too regional and too powerful for it now to happen eventually.

Yea, that's not happening with them not being an AAU member. But assuming they won't & SEC doesn't offer - I hope not - then B12 would be better than ACC imo.
The B1G is some pretty strong academic requirements for their member institutions. I doubt FSU could meet those requirements.

I think when the chips fall FSU will be in the SEC for sure and probably should be. UF/FSU game and the state of Florida squarely in the SEC. Too regional and too powerful for it now to happen eventually.
FSU should be a fallback to getting NC & VA & ND. Even then, not sure UCF isn't the better option over FSU. UCF is largest school in FL, 50% larger than FSU, & centrally located to the TV's in FL. UCF is how the SEC locks up FL. Let the B1G have FSU. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT