ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2025 Recruiting

I’m a nobody but have some info on Campbell but I heard today that Campbell is deciding on July 2nd. I live in Frankfort and have heard where he’s announcing ( which will give it away). That’s all I want to say out of respect.

Reactions: The-Hack
Edwards? Ekperuoh? D. Jackson?
Edwards had a great visit but what I have read is no one knows where he is leaning. Either AU or UK. I’m guessing Ekp isn’t a take unless others fall out. Dennious Jackson is someone UK wants to add. As Rem pointed out credits have to match and all that. Idk where they are at or what the holdup is. He may be weighing his options. Yes UK needs a NT backup but he may want to go smaller where he knows he will play. Could be a lot of things there

Reactions: JASUN74
Edwards had a great visit but what I have read is no one knows where he is leaning. Either AU or UK. I’m guessing Ekp isn’t a take unless others fall out. Dennious Jackson is someone UK wants to add. As Rem pointed out credits have to match and all that. Idk where they are at or what the holdup is. He may be weighing his options. Yes UK needs a NT backup but he may want to go smaller where he knows he will play. Could be a lot of things there
I've seen Ekperuoh's film. The guy is massive and very, very raw but his first step is good, needs strength as one might expect. Hasn't played much football, HS team is pitiful but I'm wondering if UK would take a flyer on him as a NT? RS year with proper nutrition and S&C and you never know. Thoughts?

I've seen Ekperuoh's film. The guy is massive and very, very raw but his first step is good, needs strength as one might expect. Hasn't played much football, HS team is pitiful but I'm wondering if UK would take a flyer on him as a NT? RS year with proper nutrition and S&C and you never know. Thoughts?
Maybe PWO? Idk

I just think we need at least 3 massive NG's on the roster every season. Gives us more depth at that position but it also gives a guy like that time to develop. Also, if an injury occurs, someone graduates or someone quits we aren't scrambling as much trying to find two guys like that at the same time. If we was to get Edwards and Jackson, what would it hurt to have another NG on the roster that will take three years to develop? They would at the least eventually be a good depth piece down the road.

I like the 11:30 announcement time, hopefully there is a surprise caller to a certain radio show that day.

OK, so another local says he knows where he is announcing, and that if he said, that would “give it away.”

Mmmmmmm.

Lest Campbell is flying to Tuscaloosa, how would his place of announcement “give it away,” unless it was KSBar, or something a lot like it?

Just speculating!

If we get Campbell that will be two tall and lean DL. We usually get bigger guys. Campbell and Smith will obviously get much bigger but they may give more quickness on the DL than what we are used to having. Smith probably ends up at DT and Campbell at DE?

If we get Campbell that will be two tall and lean DL. We usually get bigger guys. Campbell and Smith will obviously get much bigger but they may give more quickness on the DL than what we are used to having. Smith probably ends up at DT and Campbell at DE?
See Smith long term as DT, Campbell as hand in the dirt DE. Campbell needs weight but is a huge talent. Just hope he ends up at UK.

OK, so another local says he knows where he is announcing, and that if he said, that would “give it away.”

Mmmmmmm.

Lest Campbell is flying to Tuscaloosa, how would his place of announcement “give it away,” unless it was KSBar, or something a lot like it?

Just speculating!
I think you misread that. I think he meant he knows where he is going to commit to

Mmmmmmm.

Just speculating!
I like the way you speculate but I have two questions. Does the Louisville zoo have elephants and are you allowed to announce in their enclosures

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
Yes. If we can get Edwards then we have those four positions covered in this class. Presume Robinson will also be DE? Gilbert NG or DT? Gadson a DT? One Smith same position as Works? The other Smith DT? Lot of good young talent coming up.
Didn't Gadson have a Spring injury that required surgery and has put his '24 season in jeopardy or have I misunderstood that situation?

Yes. If we can get Edwards then we have those four positions covered in this class. Presume Robinson will also be DE? Gilbert NG or DT? Gadson a DT? One Smith same position as Works? The other Smith DT? Lot of good young talent coming up.
Yes and Caleb Redd is an OLB. Then they still have Fearbry and Matthews that hopefully will step up this year.

I think you misread that. I think he meant he knows where he is going to commit to

Mmmmmm.

A very odd expression, then: “I know where he’s announcing (and that would give it away . . . .”

Well, sure, if one knows he’s announcing for Bama, and tells it, that would “give it away,” but that would be silly to say.

Then the next post/link says he wanted to announce at Western Hills, but is going to be somewhere else!?!?!?!

Me thinks I smell a commitment at a facility/show that if mentioned, would effectively spill the beans.

But I haven’t showered in 14 hours, and my sense of smell is easily confused!

Re Gardner conversation and the player evaluation level of this staff from a week or so ago-

Great players don't always play, much less start before their senior years. There are a lot of reasons for that. If people don't trust the staff at this point, it's because they don't want to or flat out refuse to do so. No point in giving them the attention.

They're the same people that will never take the time to look at a Georgia or Alabama roster to see the number of players that don't pan out, even with 4 and 5 star ratings and tons of P5 offers. It goes against their belief system to do so. High school players don't always pan out, even if Kirby Smart and Nick Saban think they will.

I like the way you speculate but I have two questions. Does the Louisville zoo have elephants and are you allowed to announce in their enclosures

I’ve heard that U of L plans to honor the memory of Jurich, Pres. Ramsey, and Bobby Petrino with a permanent work of art reminiscent of the condition of the Football program when they left: an eternal flame burning within a dumpster!

A nice backdrop for U of L announcements of worth!

Mmmmmm.

A very odd expression, then: “I know where he’s announcing (and that would give it away . . . .”

Well, sure, if one knows he’s announcing for Bama, and tells it, that would “give it away,” but that would be silly to say.
I know what I'm having for breakfast. But I can't tell you. Because that would give it away!!!!

I do not want to give away anyone's personal business. Brian and I grew up together in Georgetown. He is my cousin on my mother's side. He had a procedure done today at St. Joes and is out of commission. His friend told him Works and Sowells will verbal to Kentucky this week. He showed me his last announcements that he posted and asked me to put it up if they did. He should not be concerned. But I cut and pasted what he told me. If that confused anyone, it was unintended I should have done it another way. I do not think you will hear from Brian for at least a couple of days.
Hope everything is good and he heals quickly! Thanks for helping him out

I do not want to give away anyone's personal business. Brian and I grew up together in Georgetown. He is my cousin on my mother's side. He had a procedure done today at St. Joes and is out of commission. His friend told him Works and Sowells will verbal to Kentucky this week. He showed me his last announcements that he posted and asked me to put it up if they did. He should not be concerned. But I cut and pasted what he told me. If that confused anyone, it was unintended I should have done it another way. I do not think you will hear from Brian for at least a couple of days.
Speedy recovery!

Lot of talk about Campbell, and rightly so. But don't underestimate the importance of Galloway. We are fortunate OH St already has a loaded defensive backfield. They really liked Galloway also. He runs a 4.33 forty, and that is even faster than Nichols. Going to be fun watching the most loaded defensive backfield we have had in a long time. They just need a little time to get acclimated but I am feeling really good about the future of this group.

Lot of talk about Campbell, and rightly so. But don't underestimate the importance of Galloway. We are fortunate OH St already has a loaded defensive backfield. They really liked Galloway also. He runs a 4.33 forty, and that is even faster than Nichols. Going to be fun watching the most loaded defensive backfield we have had in a long time. They just need a little time to get acclimated but I am feeling really good about the future of this group.
I'll feel better if they can add Campbell/Edwards to the mix. It would be the difference from being a very good D to being elite in a year or two.

Galloway is prob the best Def prospect they are recruiting

Yeah Galloway and Works look really good.
I think you see more about Campbell due to him being from KY. I love to see KY kids on the team and doing good. At the same time, it takes Galloway, Walker, BRob, type guys to compete in the SEC. I want the best players they can get no matter where they are from. Campbell has the frame to be a really good SEC DE but he is raw. He will need a lot of development to get that level.

Campbell has the frame to be a really good SEC DE but he is raw. He will need a lot of development to get that level.

He might take some time.

But looking at his “official visits,” reported by Rivals, he spent successive weekends at Georgia, Bama and Ohio State.

Pretty strong stuff there!

Maybe he’s more sought after than his 5.7 Three Star rating would imply.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT