ADVERTISEMENT

May Day transfer portal observations

Rembrandt90

Senior
Jun 25, 2018
The spring transfer portal is closing, so it is likely that our spring roster attrition may be complete now. As of this morning, Coach Stoops had filled 82 scholarships on our 2024 roster. So three more 2024 scholarships are still open. Transfers already posted in the portal can declare a decision when they wish.

Here are some players in the spring portal who UK's coaches unsuccessfully recruited when they were hs seniors. This is not intended to be all inclusive, but some of these names are interesting. (Some aren't.)

Cristian Conyers, DB (TN)
Jonathon Denis, OL (Miami)
Andrew Dennis, OL (IL)
Jason Essex, WR (IA St)
Nigel Glover, LB (OH St)
Amir Herring, OL (MI)
Jaylen Johnson, DB (Memphis)
Tony Mitchell, DB (AL)
Koy Moore, WR (Auburn)
Davon Townley, DL (PA St)
Gavin Wimsatt, QB (Rutgers)
Tommy Winton, WR (E TN St)

I can't see Stoops being interested in most of these players now. But he was interested when they were in hs, so you never know. Dennis, Essex, Herring, Mitchell, or Moore might get UK's interest.

Gavin Wimsatt just committed to UK. Interesting.

Contrary to some recent reports, UK is still pursuing DT transfer Brandon Lane.

Reactions: JASUN74
Wasn’t Nigel Glover at Northwestern before Oh St? I seem to recall we tried to bring him in after Fitzgerald got fired(?) I guess he didn’t get much PT? At this point I would guess the ship has sailed on him coming to UK.

Wasn’t Nigel Glover at Northwestern before Oh St? I seem to recall we tried to bring him in after Fitzgerald got fired(?) I guess he didn’t get much PT? At this point I would guess the ship has sailed on him coming to UK.
Glover was at NW 6 months and transferred in Dec. he was only at OSU for the spring semester so of course he never played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT