ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2025 Recruiting

Some realistic candidates to become UK's next 2025 public commitment-

Grant Beerman, LB, W Chester, OH
Javeon Campbell, DL, Frankfort, KY
Martels Carter, DB, Paducah, KY
Aveion Chenault, WR, Lexingston, KY
Tucker Kattus, OL, Cincinnati, OH

That was what I said. His size will limit him from having that impact on the next level. Esp in the SEC. He may do great in FCS or even G6
Yes, you did. I agree. In the SEC, speed is important but length is too, and strength is essential.

Quisenberry might end up at UL or WV.

Besides Quintin Simmons, which 2025 WRs are getting pushed right now by UK's coaches? Maybe these guys.

Aveion Chenault, Lexington, KY
Ja'Kayden Ferguson, Missouri City, TX
Eugene Hilton, Zionsville, IN
Andrew Marsh, Fulshear, TX
Dejerrian Miller, St Louis, MO
Seaonta Stewart, Cincinnati, OH
Kamare Williams, W Palm Beach, FL

All of us know Stoops needs to sign 4-5 SEC quality offensive linemen in this class. Which ones are UK's coaches pushing hardest for now? Maybe these guys.

Ziyare Addison, Riverview, FL
Bryan Auguste, Pompano Beach, FL
Rowan Byrne, New Rochelle, NY
Nolan Davenport, Massillon, OH
Jayden Elijah, Matawan, NJ
Avery Gach, Franklin, MI
Rafael Greene, Cincinnati, OH
Taren Hedrick, Naples, FL
Tucker Kattus, Cincinnati, OH
Jaelyne Matthews, Toms River, NJ
Tyler Miller, Laurel, MS
Isaac Sowells, Louisville, KY
Darrin Strey, Paw Paw, MI

Excuse me. You don't know what my opinion of you is. You are a GA fan who really likes to post on UK's board. Okay. Seems odd, but isn't illegal or anything. I have told you before that I find some of your posts interesting. But when you hijack UK threads to divert the discussion to your own favorite team, that can he a disruptive distraction. I really don't think this is difficult to understand, and I am not the only UK fan here that is distracted when you do it. Having seen how you have turned it around, I think you post here for attention. It isn't anywhere near as important to me as it is to you. But if you are going to make this personal, you should take that stuff to your own board because it is an unneeded distraction here. Don't pretend that I am the only poster who thinks so.

I wasn't and am not the one who made this personal. I don't attack people, I don't post about UGA recruiting, about the only recruiting i post about is when UK is targeting a kid from Ga. I still have a few friends who haven't retired and talk. lol, distraction, its a free message board. And don't you pretend I am the only person you feel the need to attack. As far as i know, you aren't the board policeman. I break no board rules, I don't ridicule UK coaches, players, I don't attack other posters, I don't swear. But mr policeman, i will take your advice on my post in the future.

Quisenberry may or may be the best hs player in KY. But a number of other 2025 Kentuckians will be better college players, likely including Alexander, Carter, and Campbell. In terms of tools, Quisenberry is not significantly different from ABS or Brandon White. Potentially good players. but all three are fast, quick, and tiny. UK doesn't need another slot receiver at this point, with ABS, White, and Washington here for multiple future seasons.

So, this being the 2025 UK recruiting thread, I try to focus on players UK's coaches appear to be actively recruiting. This is not a slight to Quisenberry or anyone else.
Alexander recently visited WI and is going to visit AL. Looks like he might be a hard recruit to get here.

Quisenberry is a guy UK should take a chance on.
He has other offers from top schools.
He keeps the BC pipeline going.

The main reason I think you take him is guys that electric just need a few touches a game to change outcomes!

Shaun Alexander was too slow for the SEC, too.
regarding Randall Cobb. He was one of the best leaders that I have seen come through the program. I have very little insider info but wish to relate something I saw . When RC was a true freshman, he was injured for a game ( I don't know which one but it was fairly early in the year and it was an SEC game). I was located in the stands right on the edge next to the players coming out of the tunnel onto the field. The players were massed, ready to charge onto the field, and the player, turned around facing the other players, was RC getting the other players pumped up. I am doing a poor job of describing the atmosphere but a true freshman had the complete attention and respect of the other players. it was remarkable.

I agree with this. 2 of my favorite posters on the board.

He's a good poster, but at times feels like he needs to police what's posted. Its a free board, i post 99% football related info i read on other sites and from friends who are still coaching in Ga, but that number is getting smaller and smaller. At one time I was probably guilty of posting too much UGA material, but have made a conscious effort to not do that, I will answer questions about players and coaches. But I do try.

It will be interesting to see what prospects from the 2025 class that Hamdan has established a relationship with that might now take a look at Kentucky.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
He's a good poster, but at times feels like he needs to police what's posted. Its a free board, i post 99% football related info i read on other sites and from friends who are still coaching in Ga, but that number is getting smaller and smaller. At one time I was probably guilty of posting too much UGA material, but have made a conscious effort to not do that, I will answer questions about players and coaches. But I do try.
Grumpy, do u know of any specific Georgia kids that r tight with Uk? We have several coaches trying to make inroads in ur talent rich state.

Grumpy, do u know of any specific Georgia kids that r tight with Uk? We have several coaches trying to make inroads in ur talent rich state.
The biggest is Tavion Wallace though UK trails Auburn and it will be hard to get him. Hopefully his brother being a high draft pick helps. Most of the top guys they seem after are in Ohio this year and a couple in KY. Wolf is recruiting Michigan some also

The biggest is Tavion Wallace though UK trails Auburn and it will be hard to get him. Hopefully his brother being a high draft pick helps. Most of the top guys they seem after are in Ohio this year and a couple in KY. Wolf is recruiting Michigan some also
FSU may lead for Wallace.

Not really, we are not getting much info right now. I am not sure how much lure the GA State coaches would have theoperate a little different, or did until today's events. AU made a move to get in Georgia yesterday, and it will help them in metro Atlanta. Lots of kids in Georgia who can play SEC ball. I will post anything I hear in this thread that is pro UK.

I for one appreciate your post grumpyolddog

Prior to Stoops and Marrow, we had players from OH. Just not enough of them. I don't think it was neglect. Stoops and Marrow are from OH and well connected there. Our prior coaches didn't have enough recruiting traction in B10 territory. Stoops is simply a much stronger recruiter. But our prior players from OH contributed. For example, Mike Hartline, Antonio Hall, Jason Rollins, Ben McGrath, Cody Quinn, Zach Myers, Tyler Brause, Derrick Tatum. So our prior coaches recruited from OH all along, but not as effectively as OH natives Stoops and Marrow have. You can say the same about Stoops' recruiting everywhere. He is the best recruiter UK football has ever had.

Bottom line is we hadn't won and we hadn't shown anything consistently until Brooks got here. He opened the doors for Stoops and Marrow to go into Ohio with something to talk to recruits about, but there's no question that those 2 have blown the doors off since then.

We talked about this from the earliest years of message boards, how we needed to be recruiting hard in Ohio. I never imagined we'd get to not only do that, but take outstanding recruits from Michigan, Maryland, and SC.

@Rembrandt90 - I noticed very few (maybe zero) prospects from Nashville and middle Tn area. Was Nashville recruiting dependent on Coen?

Was hoping we could keep that pipeline flowing. The area continues to grow and produce several top recruits per year. The other thing is the recruits do not seem to be determined to attend UT.

Wish N’ville and Middle Tn could become our southern version of Ohio!

I agree with this. 2 of my favorite posters on the board.
Same here. Dont think its odd at all that Grump posts here, correct me if I"m wrong but arent you an ex coach with a lot of connections in coaches circles whose retired and keep up with several of the sites in the SEC as your past time? Not a thing wrong or add about that to me, kind of my goal one day.

@Rembrandt90 - I noticed very few (maybe zero) prospects from Nashville and middle Tn area. Was Nashville recruiting dependent on Coen?

Was hoping we could keep that pipeline flowing. The area continues to grow and produce several top recruits per year. The other thing is the recruits do not seem to be determined to attend UT.

Not Rembrandt here...no, Mid-TN was Woodward's area and yes, I totally agree it's an area that needs to be a UK focus. Seems I read that'll be Woodford's area now, there and Michigan and of course OL recruiting. Feel good about that, Wolf had some involvement with the Wades, Barion Brown and Shamar Porter. UK/Mid-TN connection is a no brainer IMO.

Don’t see how that losing Coen will hurt us there. Clink did a lot better job of recruiting that area and Wolf has ties there. The last 2 years we have gotten one recruit from there. It isn’t like Coen and Woodward were burning it up there

Same here. Dont think its odd at all that Grump posts here, correct me if I"m wrong but arent you an ex coach with a lot of connections in coaches circles whose retired and keep up with several of the sites in the SEC as your past time? Not a thing wrong or add about that to me, kind of my goal one day.

Yes a retired coach, my connections are getting fewer and fewer every year as coaches retire. I can read all the sites premium content. Just like talking football, this may be the most active free board on the rivals network. Free meaning I can post. I have never intentionally posted anything to upset anyone, but not always successful.

6-6 310 IOL Mason Short decommits from AL. The four schools he is considering are GA, Clemson, Kentucky and Ohio State. Short is a four star from Georgia. Wolford and Cox was his recruiter at Alabama now it lists Wolford as his recruiter from UK. We offered on January 29.
Could be interesting. Would love to see this happen. Thought he was an OT and top 100 recruit.

Reactions: Girthang
6-6 310 IOL Mason Short decommits from AL. The four schools he is considering are GA, Clemson, Kentucky and Ohio State. Short is a four star from Georgia. Wolford and Cox was his recruiter at Alabama now it lists Wolford as his recruiter from UK. We offered on January 29.
I think Short ends up at GA but it shows the recruiting ability of Wolford that he can get UK on his final list after just a few weeks. Hopefully it eventually pays off.

The real issue is depending on Ohio players to win

If that is what you got from my post, you can add the governor to the list too. He likes winning championships too.

If I were disrespectful to UK, it's players or the coaches I would understand your opinion of me, but I none of those. But you are one of those guys that believe anyone who has an opinion that isn't the same as you are wrong. You even been correcting Uk fans lately. You do realize there is an ignore button don't you? If the mods choose to ban me when I have broken no rules so be it, but you are the one attacking posters.
Messenger has been doing that for years. Changes names and boards but the superiority complex remains

Could be interesting. Would love to see this happen. Thought he was an OT and top 100 recruit.

He likes your new OL coach, committed to him once already. He likes Dabo and Clemson. We are recruiting him pretty hard but signing 6 in 24 sure isn't going to help the 25 class. He has made visits to both of those. Don't know if there is an OSU connection, or just another example of them hitting the south hard. People on our site think CU is going to be hard to beat.

Stone Sa
I dont care for the arrogant one!
Lots of posters on this website carry grudges or otherwise negative attitudes toward other posters, not to mention condescending attitudes toward UK coaches and adminustrators, even though few people here actually know one another or our coaches and officials. Such is the maturity and hostility level of some on the board. This has hurt football discourse on the board for years. But these childish matters are a distraction from the football topics and put off most posters. Whenever a thread is hijacked for nutty personal attacks, fans who come here to discuss UK football are done a disservice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT