ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

There were usenet groups before that but I don't remember them being that active. How many remember the Herald Leader sport boards that were ruined by one moronic and obsessed Louisville fan. He posted so much drivel and trash that they deleted the board so they didn't have to moderate his garbage.
That's where I started out..... Kind of my introduction to UK Fans chatting it up online. From there is where I learned out the Rivals and Scout Boards.

Not likely.

Maybe Emerson, a UT veteran defensive lineman just entering the Portal over the weekend?
As soon as he went to the portal, it occurred to me that it would be amusing to see their anticipated starter at any position pack for Lexington. As long as he's an asset with no baggage, I'd just be 🤣

Reactions: The-Hack
As soon as he went to the portal, it occurred to me that it would be amusing to see their anticipated starter at any position pack for Lexington

Consider the numbers at UT: 26 have transferred, and found a new destination; and 10 more are currently in the Portal, with some small shot of returning. They have 10 who have transferred in, but the realistic posters on their forums are openly saying that Bama, Georgia, Florida and Kentucky will push them all over the field.

We have 3 solid commitments on the O-line, with Baer, Bobo and Grayson Morgan nearing a decision.

How many we going to take? Five would be my guess, but I wonder if the call is being made to some that it is close to the time when UK may run out of rides at certain positions.

We have 3 solid commitments on the O-line, with Baer, Bobo and Grayson Morgan nearing a decision.

How many we going to take? Five would be my guess, but I wonder if the call is being made to some that it is close to the time when UK may run out of rides at certain positions.
I suspect hey will accept Wagner, even if they already have 5+ commits.

Anybody see the comments on Stewart. Talked about him being one of the best coverage corners there is in the country. Said he is great at being in the right position on plays also.

Kentucky hasn't had the best of luck in the past couple of weeks. Lost two edge rushers to Sandusky U and Baer trending towards Mich St

Anybody see the comments on Stewart. Talked about him being one of the best coverage corners there is in the country. Said he is great at being in the right position on plays also.
Yep. I hope we keep him because after the way he played at The Opening. I'm sure every P5 team is going to be after him.

We probably weren't going to get him anyway since Clink left but Myles Pollard dropped his Top 3 yesterday and UK didn't make it and he's trending towards Michigan.

Kentucky hasn't had the best of luck in the past couple of weeks. Lost two edge rushers to Sandusky U and Baer trending towards Mich St

We've had plenty of good news regardless of where 2 recruits have gone

Reactions: vhcat70
Anybody checked out Mizzou’s class this year? Drinkowitz is much better recruiter than I would’ve guessed given how nerdy he looks.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
That noise was the baud rate negotiation. When the connection wasn't good, it might drop to 110 baud (about 10 characters per second). If it was good you could get 1200 or 2400 baud. Also, if it went dead or to a solid tone, you would know to start over. Or if someone answered, you dialed the wrong number. I was once working with a patent attorney in Florida who had a modem attached to his own phone and he kept answering when I was trying to give hm a revised copy of the patent we were working on. Drove me crazy.
I remember the old bulletin boards circa 1990. We could download computer games. We celebrated wildly when the 14.4 modems enabled us to download 1 whole megabyte in only 7 minutes. 🤣🤣

I remember the old bulletin boards circa 1990. We could download computer games. We celebrated wildly when the 14.4 modems enabled us to download 1 whole megabyte in only 7 minutes. 🤣🤣

I remember dialing up and getting busy signals.

2023 is a long way away, but I think it’s quarterback in this class will be especially important. I’m excited to see what staff can do.

I think we're seeing the effects of losing Clink right now.

Pollard commits to Michigan and Albert releases Top 3 without UK

I wouldn't be surprised if teams are using a new negative recruiting tactic against UK.

The NIL.

"If you come here, you'll make more from sponsorships than you would there" or "most of the sponsorships aren't going to the football players there" although we haven't heard what deals the stars on our team have got yet. It could be something huge Kinnard, Wan'Dale or someone else has.

I wouldn't be surprised if teams are using a new negative recruiting tactic against UK.

The NIL.
Sounds like the situations with Berezowitz and Bouknight are being pitched against Kentucky right now.

I think we're seeing the effects of losing Clink right now.

Pollard commits to Michigan and Albert releases Top 3 without UK
Clink was a huge blow to this class, no doubt about that. The late timing of his departure magnified things even more.

Reactions: catben
@Rock_Cat78 what do you expect happens to the 2 staff And when will it happen?

Stoops had some great recruiting momentum. I’m guessing he wants to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

@Rock_Cat78 what do you expect happens to the 2 staff And when will it happen?

Stoops had some great recruiting momentum. I’m guessing he wants to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
I honestly have no idea and any thoughts would be pure speculation. Only Stoops knows his thoughts and feelings on something like this.

Reactions: bballcat4
I honestly have no idea and any thoughts would be pure speculation. Only Stoops knows his thoughts and feelings on something like this.
I assume it'll be soon since the season is literally 2 months away.

Sounds like the situations with Berezowitz and Bouknight are being pitched against Kentucky right now.

Clink was a huge blow to this class, no doubt about that. The late timing of his departure magnified things even more.
I have no doubt you are right on both counts. I can take the Clink hit & deal with it but the other two drive me nuts how we may be paying a price at a time when we had unprecedented momentum building. & all because two grown ups can't act grown up. Admit I'm even a little aggravated at Stoops for not coming out more out front on this thing making it damn clear to everybody it's not going to be tolerated.

2022 UK Commitments

Alex Afari, ATH, West Chester, OH
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Jeremiah Caldwell, ATH, Belleville, MI
Kiyaunte Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
Treyveon Longmire, DB, Corbin, KY
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Andre Stewart, DB, Snellville, GA
Destin Wade, QB, Spring Hill, TN
Keaten Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Nikolas Hall, OT, Austin, TX

uncommitted prospects to watch

Ryan Baer, OL, Eastlake, OH,
Drew Bobo, OL, Columbia, SC,
Quinton Conley, WR, KS City, MO,
Hunter Mclain, OG, Daleville, VA,
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN,
Daughtry Richardson, OL, Miami, FL,
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH,
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY
Antonio Gates, Jr. Dearborn, Michigan (final five)
Kaydin Pope WR Savannah, TN
Bryson Hurst, OT, Gautier MS
Ka'Marii Landers OT, Dearborn, MI
Jordan Anthony, ATH, Tylertown, MS
Jawaun Northington ATH, Louisville, KY
Tyler Banks, ATH, Crewe, VA
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Joshua Josephs, EDGE< Kennesaw GA
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown, DE

Last edited:
When was the last time we had a recruit from Delaware? When was the last time anyone had a recruit from Delaware?

When was the last time we had a recruit from Delaware? When was the last time anyone had a recruit from Delaware?
Don’t ask me how I remember this, but IIRC when Curry was HC we had a kid from DE - Damon Betz(?). Pretty decent DL but had to give up FB due to health issues.

Yeah DE doesn’t strike me as a FB recruiting hotbed; probably wouldn’t normally even recruit there unless there was a family or coaching connection to UK.

Reactions: vhcat70
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT