ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2021 recruiting

Kentucky in the early top six for this guy.

There are currently no scholarship players from the state of NC on UK’s football roster. Stoops has been trying for years to gain a larger recruiting footprint in NC. Brad White and Anwar Stewart should help with recruiting in NC and VA.

FWIW, other websites currently rate Dameon Wilson higher than Rivals rates him. According to reports, Wilson currently holds offers from MI and four SEC schools.

Dameon Wilson is from Kings Mountain hs. So is WR Kobe Paysour, who holds scholarship offers from five SEC schools, including UK.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
There are currently no scholarship players from the state of NC on UK’s football roster. Stoops has been trying for years to gain a larger recruiting footprint in NC. Brad White and Anwar Stewart should help with recruiting in NC and VA.

FWIW, other websites currently rate Dameon Wilson higher than Rivals rates him. According to reports, Wilson currently holds offers from MI and four SEC schools.

Dameon Wilson is from Kings Mountain hs. So is WR Kobe Paysour, who holds scholarship offers from five SEC schools, including UK.

Since the hire of Anwar Stewart, Kentucky has offered a ton of kids in NC. They are definitely trying to gain a footprint there. We will see how successful that proves to be, but if they can pull a recruit or two from there on occasion, it would certainly be a good thing as NC produces quite a bit of talent.

Also keep a close eye on this kid. Josh Edwards put in a UK crystal ball pick for him today. Kentucky was his first offer well over a year ago and he has visited multiple times. Might give Stoops his first commit from Missouri, a place they have put out a lot of offers the past few years. High three star here at Rivals, but a four star, nationally rated guy at both 247 and ESPN.

Now marrow hopefully is done getting courted by various teams, let’s get the new year started right. With Devon in the fold , do you think we are looking at late April early May (like 19) to start reeling in some bunches s of recruits?

Reactions: BigTyrone
I’ve always wondered when we would start venturing into Missouri for recruits esp the St. Louis area due to proximity.

Also keep a close eye on this kid. Josh Edwards put in a UK crystal ball pick for him today. Kentucky was his first offer well over a year ago and he has visited multiple times. Might give Stoops his first commit from Missouri, a place they have put out a lot of offers the past few years. High three star here at Rivals, but a four star, nationally rated guy at both 247 and ESPN.

Looks like Stenburg

Seems like it should be easy to recruit the areas...only one major university there...plenty of cities... I just think they have a lot of old school BIG XII ties (Texas & OK) that’s preventing some kids.

Mark Stoops picked up a verbal commitment yesterday from Paul Rodriguez, a 6’5 305# OT from William Mason hs in Mason, OH. Rodriguez is ranked in the top 30 in the state of OH. This brings to two the number of 2021 UK football commitments. The other current UK verbal commitment recently came from LB Devon Williams of Dublin, OH. Both are being recruited by Vince Marrow.

It now appears that the following players may be early leaners toward UK-

Travion Ford, LB, St. Louis, MO
Brody Wisecarver, OL, St. Louis,MO
Jamarius Dinkins, DL, Columbus, OH
Dekel Crowdus, ATH, Lexington, KY
Lavell Wright, RB, Ratcliff, KY

There will be questions about whether Wright’s offer is committable. I don’t know. Stoops and Marrow want to sign every instate prospect with SEC level talent, but UK has already made offers to a large group of RB prospects. Another RB with early interest in UK is Jaylen Anderson from Massillon, OH.

UK received the third 2021 commitment yesterday. Here is our current 2021 class-

Paul Rodriguez, OL
Devon Williams, LB
David Wohlabaugh, OL

All three players are being recruited by Vince Marrow.

Wohlabaugh, from Stow, OH, comes from a football family. His father played in the NFL and his big brother is a college football player. Wohlabaugh's interest in UK has been well known. He was mentioned in the OP for this thread back on Dec. 4.

Mark Stoops appears to be prioritizing the OL in this class, since Luke Fortner, Landon Young, and Drake Jackson will be seniors next fall.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
2 offers to Fairfield, Oh players (same school as McClain)
2021 Ath Jaydan Mayes
2022 OL Kendrix Goodman

Per coaches Twitter

Per my friend, surprised at Mayes offer, MAC offers mainly but not surprised on Kendrick

Reactions: JasonRDunn
I’m sure Neal Brown is going to be involved if he isn’t already
Haven't heard that but I'm sure you're right . As of now I just know he has offers from UK and U6. If he projects as a defensive player it would hurt Browns chances (IMO), but if he wants to be a tight end that gets thrown to a lot then maybe West Virginia becomes more attractive . There's a long time to go .

Reactions: Housecat5
Coach Phil Hawkins is in year three at Apollo, I believe he came from Louisville Doss (don’t hold me to this). Coach Dawkins has connections all over and will get Apollo talent noticed by many different schools. Apollo played its last home game at its brand new stadium a few weeks ago and I truly believe Hawkins will take Apollo from the mediocre program it has been throughout history to the top school in Owensboro if given the time. Kids notice when coaches can maximize looks and with two names on UK’s radar I fully expect Apollo to be mentioned with UK more moving forward. Owensboro is one of the more highly populated cities in Western Kentucky so I fully expect sooner rather than later a name to appear that is a clear take, this could even be Weedman or Bates. However one can take that Stoops and staff are doing a awesome job covering Western Kentucky talent with names like Weedman and Bates and before them the Langhi’s and Wolfe’s. I will also recommend checking out Owensboro QB Gavin Wimsatt if given the opportunity. He has a high roof in multiple sports and could be a potential target on down the road as he’s just a sophomore.
Now that John Edge has been named head coach at Apollo, I'm 100 percent sure they will be the team to beat in the city sooner rather than later. I played for him at Owensboro Catholic. Would still run through a brick wall for that man.

Paysour is making a big announcement today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT