ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2021 recruiting

Georgia and Josey have not communicated in several months. The kid that flipped to us was committed to us, flipped and then came back. We are all in on Mims, UT thinks they lead, but they are mistaken.

Josey is also from Tennessee, not Georgia. Dylan Fairchild was the top OG on our board, for whatever reason the staff never recruited Josey, I liked him better than the kid who flipped but my opinion doesnt count.

Jared Wilson is pretty good. Plays against some of the top talent in state and is one of the best OL to come out of NC in a while. Thinking he's a bit underrated in the rankings.

Reactions: jauk11
Jared Wilson is pretty good. Plays against some of the top talent in state and is one of the best OL to come out of NC in a while. Thinking he's a bit underrated in the rankings.

I honestly dont know alot about him. He is a big guy and according to what we have been told our new OL coach likes smaller OG because he likes to do alot of pulling, where Pittman like huge guys, so I was a little surprised when he came back. But both our OG this year are in the 335-340 range, so he would fit in with them, but ,Fairchild is smaller at 295.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Look, you want to know what killed UK football for several decades? UK. Of course it was inevitable anyway, but when they started the integration of the SEC and opened all the other SEC schools to tons of African American talent (compared to Kentucky's small AA population) it made a huge difference. UK had some great All American talent when the idiot was coach, Rodger Bird, Rick Norton, Sam Ball, Rick Kester, some other white and all of those from in state, but he ran off a lot of good players and we had no depth, going great until Norton got injured with no backup (and no Bowden). And the teams we played didn't have those great players either, a lot of them went to Grambling, etc. Then it started downhill, a lot more players stayed home to play then, even Thug U didn't recruit nationwide. With the exception of Curci's cheating (they say) and getting the best QB in ages UK football was in a losing battle, and it was made worse by the basketball reputation-----which was well earned. I think Brooks worked absolute miracles with the support he had, and of course he had Joker to recruit for him, lol.

Now, with a decade of miserable support behind us AFTER two TWO WIN seasons and losing 20,000 season ticket holders AND don't ever forget the TENS OF MILLIONS rolling in from the OTHER SEC football schools we finally attracted a great coach that has all the tools to attract great players, from all over. I thought UK had arrived in football when we got TWO top 50 players to transfer in, they could have gone anywhere. And BOTH of them are going to make the future brighter.

Last edited:
Look, you want to know what killed UK football for several decades? UK. Of course it was inevitable anyway, but when they started the integration of the SEC and opened all the other SEC schools to tons of African American talent (compared to Kentucky's small AA population) it made a huge difference. UK had some great All American talent when the idiot was coach, Rodger Bird, Rick Norton, Sam Ball, Rick Kester, some other white and all of those from in state, but he ran off a lot of good players and we had no depth, going great until Norton got injured with no backup (and no Bowden). And the teams we played didn't have those great players either, a lot of them went to Grambling, etc. Then it started downhill, a lot more players stayed home to play then, even Thug U didn't recruit nationwide. With the exception of Curci's cheating (they say) and getting the best QB in ages UK football was in a losing battle, and it was made worse by the basketball reputation-----which was well earned. I think Brooks worked absolute miracles with the support he had, and of course he had Joker to recruit for him, lol.

Now, with a decade of miserable support behind us AFTER two TWO WIN seasons and losing 20,000 season ticket holders AND don't ever forget the TENS OF MILLIONS rolling in from the OTHER SEC football schools we finally attracted a great coach that has all the tools to attract great players, from all over. I thought UK had arrived in football when we got TWO top 50 players to transfer in, they could have gone anywhere. And BOTH of them are going to make the future brighter.

11 I love your passion🍺

What happened: Minnesota scored a number of commitments early in the spring, but also suffered several decommitments in late spring and early summer. One of those decommitments came from Crumpley, who was on the Gophers' commitment list for two months from April to June.

Current status: Crumpley said he was too hasty in making his initial commitment and still plans to consider Minnesota, but is also looking at programs such as Cincinnati, Kentucky, Pittsburgh and West Virginia.

Josh Edwards of 247 just put in a crystal ball prediction for Jamarius Dinkins to UK

Also, Jordan Dingle starting to trend toward Purdue.
Bummer about Dingle, especially considering a need for TE in this class and being a instate kid. But I know academics seem to be important for Dingle. But at least Ohio has a couple of solid looking recruits at TE in 22. In Brown, Miller, etc.

Reactions: Girthang
Rayshaun Benny UK's top target left on the board was orginally going to announce this Sunday. He has postponed his decision until a later date. If anything this gives the staff more time to work on him, as most believe he was going to pick Michigan this Sunday.

It's definitely better for his recruitment to go on longer for UK.

Big Dawg must've talked to him

Reactions: ukalum1988
Rock Cat 78 what kind of shape are we in for the Bingham kid from Johnson Central ? I know he's not a SR yet

Rock Cat 78 what kind of shape are we in for the Bingham kid from Johnson Central ? I know he's not a SR yet

While he hasn't gone on record with any favorite(s), I think Kentucky will ultimately be tough to beat. The 2022 in-state class is going to be very strong by Kentucky standards, much better than the current 2021 class. 2023 is also looking very promising.

While he hasn't gone on record with any favorite(s), I think Kentucky will ultimately be tough to beat. The 2022 in-state class is going to be very strong by Kentucky standards, much better than the current 2021 class. 2023 is also looking very promising.
So far my take away for the 21 class is sure the staff has missed out on some most of their top targets this class Payne, etc. But they have added some quality players that I feel will add to the depth of the program and will be important players in time. While also really stepping up the recruiting at receiver, for the second class in a row. And Stoops is really starting to keep the majority of instate kids home the last two classes. Beau, Jager, Dekel, etc. Which is important with the 22 class shaping to be a great class and the instate kids will probably be the key to laying the foundation for what could be a very special class.

As discussed here and elsewhere, Coach Stoops received a new commitment yesterday from 6'6 DE Jamarius Dinkins of Columbus, OH. For months, Dinkins' commitment has been predicted by multiple posters here on this thread. Dinkins currently holds at least five Power 5 offers. He is being recruited by Coach Marrow. This brings the number of known commitments in UK's 2021 class to seventeen, and reflects my expectation for defensive commitments to become more prominent in the class. Dinkins joins Kahlil Saunders as the second DL commitment in UK's class.

UK's current 2021 class-

Paul Berry, P, Prokick Institute, Australia
Jager Burton, OL, Lexington, KY
Dekel Crowdus, slotR/KR, Lexington, KY
Jamarius Dinkins, DL, Columbus, OH
Maxwell Hairston, DB, West Bloomfield, MI
Adrian Huey, DB, Nashville, TN
Christian Lewis, WR, Pleasant Grove, AL
Jordan Lovett, DB, Ratcliff, KY
Chauncey Magwood, WR, Leesburg, GA
Paul Rodriguez, OL, Mason, OH
Kahlil Saunders, DL, Huntsville, AL
Armond Scott, WR, Euclid, OH
Kaiya Sheron, QB, Somerset, KY
Martez Thrower, LB, Rochelle, GA
Joko Willis, LB, Independence CC, KS
David Wohlabaugh, OL, Stow, OH
LaVell Wright, RB, Ratcliff, KY

In the past, Coach Stoops' coaching staff has demonstrated a professional capacity for identifying and developing athletic talent. As discussed numerous times here, Josh Allen, Benny Snell, Bunchy Stallings, and Logan Stenberg were developed into All Americans by Stoops' staff despite having been lightly recruited coming out of hs. Now we are watching it happen again with Chris Rodriguez, Luke Fortner, Kenneth Horsey, Quinton Bohanna, Boogie Watson, and Jamin Davis. For that reason and others, prematurely labeling Stoops' 2021 class as disappointing or mediocre simply based on Rivals class rankings or recruiting misses could turn out to be a big mistake. Our coaches know what they are doing, and have earned our trust.

In particular, I believe Huey, Lovett, Saunders, Thrower, Rodriguez, and Wohlabaugh are significantly underrated at the present time by the online media.

On paper, Coach Stoops could still recruit as many as eight more players. Some of these could be flips from other schools or uncommitted players not currently known to be associated with UK.

One instate player who might not be coming to UK is Bowling Green TE Jordan Dingle, who appears to be a Purdue leaner now.

Hey Rembrandt....Dinkins offer sheet looks like a Joker Phillips offer sheet does it not?

- Mich St was the only solid P5...unless you feel WVU is a good defensive P5 school (which I do not).
- But the rest was littered with Eastern Michigan, Akron, etc...types.

I am very taken back by how poor UK's class is to be honest. I get some kids are under rated but to be honest, you cna't have half your class under rated. Just feels like Covid has really killed our ability to sale kids on UK...or something else.

I was hoping to poach some kids currently committed to UK as the shutdown effects start to fade away. But with us filling up the class...I see that becoming much less of a reality. Am I missing something with not just Dinkins but also how we'll end up the class? My last question is I think UK has to get a really good edge pass rusher in this class...I don't see the kid in this class nor do I see us even sniffing a good edge pass rusher. Is there a player who fits that mold we are after?

Reactions: Cefiro
Hey Rembrandt....Dinkins offer sheet looks like a Joker Phillips offer sheet does it not?

- Mich St was the only solid P5...unless you feel WVU is a good defensive P5 school (which I do not).

I am very taken back by how poor UK's class is to be honest. I get some kids are under rated but to be honest, you cna't have half your class under rated. Just feels like Covid has really killed our ability to sale kids on UK...or something else.

I was hoping to poach some kids currently committed to UK as the shutdown effects start to fade away. But with us filling up the class...I see that becoming much less of a reality. Am I missing something with not just Dinkins but also how we'll end up the class? My last question is I think UK has to get a really good edge pass rusher in this class...I don't see the kid in this class nor do I see us even sniffing a good edge pass rusher. Is there a player who fits that mold we are after?
By your line of reasoning, you must have been very disappointed at the time when UK signed Josh Allen, Jamin Davis, Boogie Watson, Bunchy Stallings, Luke Fortner, Benny Snell, Chris Rodriguez, and Juice Johnson. Must a hs player receive an offer from OH St and a threshold Rivals rating before being welcomed by our fans?

I wonder why multiple B10 teams are trying so hard to hire Coach Marrow away.

Why can't we give our newest Wildcats an opportunity to play before expressing public disappointment? I have seen that many fans jump to quick judgments about the work of Stoops' coaching staff, but often turn out to be wrong about them at the end of the day. Our coaches know what they are doing, but some people will always doubt them anyway. It goes with the territory.

^^^^^This is not the news I want to hear. A new coach, in 6 mos, has taken a recruit a recruit from us that we have been recruiting for over 3 years? COVID and no campus visits appear to be hurting the staff with this class. We may have to hit the transfer market——-heavy.

Kinda worries me to a point too. We're still #36 according to 24/7, with 8 open spots left. That's not bad. UL has 5 more commits than us and are only ranked 30.

I suspect the staff is holding out for a few big commits. Could pay off. Or could hurt us if we miss them. Even if we miss out on the big players, I think we'll finish close to 30, not bad at all. If we land a few surprises, we could see a top 25 class again.

Reactions: The-Hack
On a very sad day for UK football with Coach Schlarman's passing, it appears that Bowling Green TE Jordan Dingle will be committing to Kentucky tomorrow morning on KSR. This recruitment has taken plenty of twists and turns as the Dingle camp has played things very close to the vest, but it appears UK will be the choice tomorrow.

On a very sad day for UK football with Coach Schlarman's passing, it appears that Bowling Green TE Jordan Dingle will be committing to Kentucky tomorrow morning on KSR. This recruitment has taken plenty of twists and turns as the Dingle camp has played things very close to the vest, but it appears UK will be the choice tomorrow.
Thanks for sharing. I promise I won’t tell anyone.🤫

Reactions: Dncmaxwell

As always, you da man

Reactions: ryanbruner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT