ADVERTISEMENT

Starting Five

That team might honestly win less games than the 9 win team. There's not a single legit shooter on the roster. Thiero is probably the strongest physically, but he is a role player at best. This is going to he a shit show.
Let's give Cal 1 more week to see where things are. Maybe he has some trix up his sleeve, and I mean the cereal from the other morning.

My prediction (if we don’t get Livingston and/or Reeves back and add no one of significance):

Starters

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Sheppard
G Edwards
F Bradshaw

Reserves

G Thiero
F Onyenso

Start the five Freshmen. Play 5 out.

Got to keep at least one big in reserve or foul trouble inside will kill us.

We will add a couple more guys, but I am not sure there is anything out there that Cal can reel in that will be any better than the 7 we have.

Maybe we add the Hart kid?

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
That's great and all, but 5 players are still necessary. We have 8 counting a walk-on. 4 of them aren't even here yet and there's been constant rumors 1 of them may transfer. Given our constant injury issues and the fact we have had multiple players quit mid-season or not play at all, I am not sure how 8 is sustainable.
Matt Jones has a year of eligibility left ... would that work?

My prediction (if we don’t get Livingston and/or Reeves back and add no one of significance):

Starters

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Sheppard
G Edwards
F Bradshaw

Reserves

G Thiero
F Onyenso

We will add a couple more guys, but I am not sure there is anything out there that Cal can reel in that will be any better than the 7 we have.

What a depressing roster.Another long season.

Starters

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Sheppard
G Edwards
F Bradshaw

Reserves

G Thiero
F Onyenso

Man that is a small starting five.
Cal no likey…

In that scenario, does he have much choice?

He starts Bradshaw and Onyenso and they both pick up two fouls in the first 10 minutes, he is stuck playing Edwards and Thiero at the 4 and 5 for the rest of the first half.

I would hope he isn’t that dumb.
You are correct but so am I.
How have we got to this point?

He starts Bradshaw and Onyenso and they both pick up two fouls in the first 10 minutes, he is stuck playing Edwards and Thiero at the 4 and 5 for the rest of the first half.

As of right now that is where we are. We can figure it out in Canada in a few weeks(provided no one gets hurt, sick, has a family member die, gets suspended or misses the team bus)

It would seem Reeves would want to return since he would have a Jodie Meeks type green light next year without any other shooters on the team.

Yes and what if in addition a guard gets two fouls ? Canada?

Yes and what if in addition a guard gets two fouls ? Canada?
Got more guards than bigs right now.

Bradshaw and Onyenso are the only guys that can play the 5.

Wagner, Dillingham, Sheppard, Edwards, and Thiero can all play in the backcourt.

Plus guards aren’t as susceptible to a tight whistle as a big man banging inside.

I don’t understand why he can’t get a big man . His promise of playing time is believable. With only two players to play the 4 and Five you know you will play if you remotely earn it.
But I don’t see why any quality guard or forward would come here . You know based on history you will play backup and Cal will play his coveted freshmen hoping they get ready by March . So frankly I doubt the intelligence or motivation of any guard or forward who would come here as a super transfer 3,4, or 5 year player. It just doesn’t make sense.
So if we recruit the best big man we can we have 8.
For the other two the best freshmen we can get who could be four year players might work. But even they know they will be recruited over .
Cal has really dug a hole for the program. He needs to adopt a policy of no more than two one and does a year and change from players first to team first .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT