ADVERTISEMENT

Stansbury on Big Blue

Not sure what is so controversial about that statement. What is he supposed to say???...."We are shooting for last place in the state.....UofL better watch out".

Reactions: chevyman 50
Stansbury may be from Kentucky but he does not understand the heart and soul of a University of Kentucky basketball fan. A true UK fan does not jump from team to team. They are loyal unto death. UK fans are national and one can make a point international. We have no boundaries as fans. Thousands of UK fans have never set foot in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. But they are as die hard as the boy or girl or transgender born in Lexington. Stansbury does not understand.
Except for some of our a-hole b-ball fans that root for Alabama as their #1 football program. They have NO place to speak about being faithful or loyal.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
If someone would carve out a Mount Rushmore of the 4 faces in college athletics that I can't stand to look at. Stansbury would be on it. Along with Tom Jurich, Mark Emmert & John Higgins.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Except for some of our a-hole b-ball fans that root for Alabama as their #1 football program. They have NO place to speak about being faithful or loyal.

There is ole dumb and dumber CGMT posting. Yes he is both at the same time. He is completely terrible...

Last edited:
Yeah. I'll pull for WKU when they don't play UK. Same with Murray, Morehead, Northern, EKU...

Me too, but Stansbury makes it tougher to do. I have always had the feeling that he was a little shady, especially at MSU. I can't believe he would change, since it will be harder to recruit at WKU than MSU. If he plans on competing with UK, I doubt he can do it on the up and up. I guess we'll see.

Lol....of course he says his team is the best.
That's his paycheck.
Western and Austin Peay are the closest schools to where I live....no problem with them improving. UK just has to improve more. We sposed to be SEC.

Stansbury may be from Kentucky but he does not understand the heart and soul of a University of Kentucky basketball fan. A true UK fan does not jump from team to team. They are loyal unto death. UK fans are national and one can make a point international. We have no boundaries as fans. Thousands of UK fans have never set foot in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. But they are as die hard as the boy or girl or transgender born in Lexington. Stansbury does not understand.

I think Stansbury being a native Kentuckian, does understand the “heart and soul” of what it means to be a UK fan. The problem with Stansbury is that it has always eaten him up that he has not been able to be a part of it. He’s a fierce competitor too who hates to lose even to his home state’s high profile flagship program. His competitive nature sometimes causes him to say things that infuriate members of Big Blue Nation. Stansbury would crawl on his belly like a reptile to coach at Kentucky.

I think Stansbury being a native Kentuckian, does understand the “heart and soul” of what it means to be a UK fan. The problem with Stansbury is that it has always eaten him up that he has not been able to be a part of it. He’s a fierce competitor too who hates to lose even to his home state’s high profile flagship program. His competitive nature sometimes causes him to say things that infuriate members of Big Blue Nation. Stansbury would crawl on his belly like a reptile to coach at Kentucky.
Then he is just going to have to get over it. He has burned any bridge leading him to UK

Stansbury is a good coach and his focus, as it should be, is on WKU and not UK. That's not so hard to understand unless fan paranoia and insecurity stands in the way of common sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT