ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News running with Higgins / UK fans story

My mind hadnt event gone there. When you consider his impact, our missed final fours, missed national championships, missed perfect season - Higgins has probably cost the university $100+ million, no hyperbole.

Meanwhile, who has benefitted from some undeserved FFs? UNCHEAT and dook... the NCAA darlings. Yet another way the NCAA take$ care of them.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
The thing is, Higgins is a criminal, he just hasn't been found guilty yet. We need to dig into his past and his financials. There will be illegal gambling of some sort I'd bet money on it.

Screw the bad look. You are a UK fan, they will give you no respect anyway. Quit being a puss about this. It's time UK fought back. The way to stop the bully is to hit him ten times harder than he hit you.

Keep fighting and we can at least get him banned from calling uk games.

his business is also being a ref. and since the ncaa doesn't hold them accountable, bbn did. and a public forum was the place to do it. this writer's whole premise is that facebook is something holy. lmao.

Um, that's not holding his accountable. How is that holding him accountable? He's still working the Final Foul this week. It's ridiculous and accomplishes absolutely nothing but making Higgins look like a victim and making us look like a bunch of idiots.

Um, that's not holding his accountable. How is that holding him accountable? He's still working the Final Foul this week. It's ridiculous and accomplishes absolutely nothing but making Higgins look like a victim and making us look like a bunch of idiots.

Uk fans get drug through the mud whether or not this happens. It's irrelevant.

Him coaching in the final four is irrelevant. It's expected.

We CAN accomplish his removal and Ban from calling UK games. That's enough for now.

Being nice about this isn't going to solve a damn thing. Put mad pressure on and embrace the hate. F him. He needs to be removed from UK all together.

yes i would call what bbn is doing accountability. wtf would you call it? and the ncaa are the ones with zero accountability. that is so well established here in rafters it's not even mentioned as the premise in these threads. congrats for requiring it be brought up.

Reactions: catben
He needs his rear end kicked hard, I didn't participate in it but it did literally take all I had not to throw my coke cup at him the other night, the only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to UK to get a technical foul and I knew it wasn't the right thing to do but I would have lit him to him if I could have got to him he brought all this on himself if it was a onetime thing might overlook but this is his history. The NCAA allows it.

yes i would call what bbn is doing accountability. wtf would you call it? and the ncaa are the ones with zero accountability. that is so well established here in rafters it's not even mentioned as the premise in these threads. congrats for requiring it be brought up.

Congrats for requiring what? What are you talking about?

Please tell me how it's holding him accountable? WTF would I call it? I'd call it being a fu€£ing idiot. That's what I'd call it.

You know what, nevermind. I'm not going to argue with someone who actually believes this is ok and who believes this is holding him accountable. That's just ignorant and stupid. So, I'm not even going to waste my time arguing. Go ahead and think what you want. In the end, you can tell me what you accomplished.

Congrats for requiring what? What are you talking about?

Please tell me how it's holding him accountable? WTF would I call it? I'd call it being a fu€£ing idiot. That's what I'd call it.

You know what, nevermind. I'm not going to argue with someone who actually believes this is ok and who believes this is holding him accountable. That's just ignorant and stupid. So, I'm not even going to waste my time arguing. Go ahead and think what you want. In the end, you can tell me what you accomplished.
maybe start with defining "holding accountable". i say something is better than nothing. or just quit ok lol.

screen-shot-2017-03-28-at-1-21-19-pm.jpg

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/ken...usiness-facebook-page-reviews-elite-eight-unc

"The lower rating will undeniably affect Higgins’ ability to reach new clients, and it’s not something he deserves based off a poor officiating performance. Let’s hope the situation can be rectified because right now, it’s a terrible look for Kentucky fans."

o_Oo_O Umm... Using an example from a non-UK fan is a "terrible look for a USAToday writer." Jmo.

screen-shot-2017-03-28-at-1-21-19-pm.jpg

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/03/ken...usiness-facebook-page-reviews-elite-eight-unc

"The lower rating will undeniably affect Higgins’ ability to reach new clients, and it’s not something he deserves based off a poor officiating performance. Let’s hope the situation can be rectified because right now, it’s a terrible look for Kentucky fans."

o_Oo_O Umm... Using an example from a non-UK fan is a "terrible look for a USAToday writer." Jmo.
neither is saying "poor officiating performance" when in actuality it is performanceS.

Basically any legitimate compliant made against Higgins has been rendered moot. If Cal, Barnhart or any other school official registered a complaint, it will now be dismissed as caving to the pressure of an out of control and maniacal fan base. Instead of exacting retribution against Higgins, he's been turned into a victim and martyr. Basically, he's teflon now.

And he'll have a bigger better Facebook page after this is over. Higgins 100, KY fans 0.

The 1% screws us again. This is just moronic.

The comment section says it all. The 1% of the idiots in our fanbase will turn thousands and thousands more people against us. Just stupid. Man do we have some immature, trailor trash brats in our fanbase....and every single one of them is hiding behind the internet like the cowards that they are.
bratty trailer trash that are cowards. yeah sounds like real people.

Basically any legitimate compliant made against Higgins has been rendered moot. If Cal, Barnhart or any other school official registered a complaint, it will now be dismissed as caving to the pressure of an out of control and maniacal fan base. Instead of exacting retribution against Higgins, he's been turned into a victim and martyr. Basically, he's teflon now.

And he'll have a bigger better Facebook page after this is over. Higgins 100, KY fans 0.

no it isn't. i bet you he won't call another uk game.

fans aren't uk, they are fans of uk. if it takes fans getting a bad rap to better the programs chance at winning, good. make that trade all day long. what's to fear? i thought success breeds contempt anyway.

It would be the greatest thing ever if Cal released a statement that read "We all know what he did, lets move on from it."

The comment section says it all. The 1% of the idiots in our fanbase will turn thousands and thousands more people against us. Just stupid. Man do we have some immature, trailor trash brats in our fanbase....and every single one of them is hiding behind the internet like the cowards that they are.
Turning people against us is the last thing we have to worry about, hell nobody is ambivalent about UK basketball

Reactions: KYtotheCore
no it isn't. i bet you he won't call another uk game.

fans aren't uk, they are fans of uk. if it takes fans getting a bad rap to better the programs chance at winning, good. make that trade all day long. what's to fear? i thought success breeds contempt anyway.

LOL. Like that will happen. I wouldn't be surprised that he is being considered for a KY game as we speak. If it were actually effective, every fan base has idiots. Every losing team would trash refs in even more creative ways. I expect that is also a topic of discussion.

Actually this sorta reminds me of the hysterical parent mob ambushing a volunteer little league ump by zip stripping his car or throwing paint on the house.

Oh the humanity!!!! How will any of us ever recover?????

Reactions: crestcat

Unfortunately I agree with your take. The whole thing is ridiculous.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit. Everyone saw what he did and how he did it. He chose to make or not make calls in this game based on his bias. Shameful that he did it to kids who played their hearts only to have their chance taken away by a bitter pathetic man.
Whatever happens to him, he earned it.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit. Everyone saw what he did and how he did it. He chose to make or not make calls in this game based on his bias. Shameful that he did it to kids who played their hearts only to have their chance taken away by a bitter pathetic man.
Whatever happens to him, he earned it.

Oh, Higgins will come out of this smelling like a rose. New Facebook page, great publicity, probably win a few bids.

LOL. Like that will happen. I wouldn't be surprised that he is being considered for a KY game as we speak. If it were actually effective, every fan base has idiots. Every losing team would trash refs in even more creative ways. I expect that is also a topic of discussion.

Actually this sorta reminds me of the hysterical parent mob ambushing a volunteer little league ump by zip stripping his car or throwing paint on the house.
i guess every team would need a video of the egregious call though huh?

These fans that are doing this are awful fans. It's ok to yell at refs or think they are bad but these fans are talking it too far and give other UK fans a bad name. These fans doing it are pieces of sh*t and I hope karma comes back on them. It's a damn sport not life or death. Some people really have no life or horrible lives if they resort to this.

People need to get over this, the ref did not do a good job but he isn't the reason UK lost, the players and the coach are the reason. Tough loss, bad ref, get over it and move on. When grown men act like this or constantly complain about this every day it shows a lack of maturity and gives every opposing fan base amunition to say "see I told you they are the worse fan base in college sports".

Reactions: saliva

It's mind-boggling how many idiots think he won't ref another game for us now, etc. The stupidity of some knows no bounds. There will be NOTHING coming from this that helps UK going forward. ZIP, ZERO. Do some people even have a life when UK isn't on TV? SMH.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
It's mind-boggling how many idiots think he won't ref another game for us now, etc. The stupidity of some knows no bounds. There will be NOTHING coming from this that helps UK going forward. ZIP, ZERO. Do some people even have a life when UK isn't on TV? SMH.

Stfu and go sell some hookers to Knox and his dad in hopes of landing anyone other than a bum from Egypt.

It's time UK fought back. The pussy way of handling this nonsense has gotten us 8 titles instead of a legitimate and fair chance at 10

Cal probably should have sent a walk on into the game after a couple of those calls and had him hit Higgins right in the nuts with the ball and told him we got several more walk ons and it's going to keep happening until you call the game fairly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT